|08-16-2009, 02:41 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 11,974Rep Power: 57
Was Morpheus really a good guy?
Morpheus: In Greek mythology, Morpheus is the god of dreams.
He is the son or brother of Hypnos, the god of sleep.
Morpheus sends images of humans in dreams or visions, and is
responsible for shaping dreams.
In the movie, the Matrix:
• Keeps people in a permanent sleep-like state
• Creates a collective dream reality for the sleeping humans
In the movie, Morpheus:
• Forms, shapes and moulds things (the Construct, reality within the Matrix, people’s perception and experiences, etc)
• Appears in dreams (the Construct and the Matrix)
• Concentrates on the human elements (mentoring, influencing and controlling Neo, Trinity, the leaders of Zion, the people of Zion, etc)
• Sends images of humans (Neo, Trinity, etc) into dreams (the Construct, the Matrix) while giving shape to them (changes Neo and, presumably Trinity, from average people into powerful, knowledgeable, reality-altering beings)
• Shapes dreams (controls the parameters of the Construct, controls what Neo experiences, etc)
So if Morpheus is the god of dreams and Hypnos is the god of sleep, this would suggest that Morpheus (from the movie) would be aligned with the Architect. Without sleep (the enslaved humans) how can Morpheus reign over the dream (the Matrix)?
Another thing that incriminates Morpheus is the fact that his ship is named the Nebuchadnezzar. History tells us that Nebuchadnezzar was the King of Babylon.
Nebuchadnezzar was also responsible for conquering and destroying Zion enslaving and exiling its people from their homeland!!!
Is Morpheus really trying to help free the slaves (humans) and save Zion?
If the Matrix (the movie) is a metaphor for our existence, who is OUR Morpheus?
Last edited by diggy; 08-16-2009 at 03:21 AM.