news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
jaupoon
Wu fanatic from Brooklyn

jaupoon shaolin monk
Cool Favorite John Woo Flick and why?

John Woo is one of the best action film directors of all time, if not THE best. And if you all havent seen any of his flicks you should, some of the soundbites from his films are sampled on classic Wu albums, particularly "The Killer" which is on numerous tracks on Raekwons "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx".

Personally my favorite film of his is the Killer. Its just an all around great "shoot em up" flick thats so chock full of bullets it makes Scarface look like a Disney flick. The camera angles are insane, the storyline is cool (loosely based on La Samourai), and Chow Yun Fat is just BADASS in it.

In my opinion the other two classic asian films of his are Hard Boiled and A Better Tomorrow 2 (excellent shootout in the end!)

If youre not familiar with John Woos work and you love GOOD action flicks check the trailer out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_mfMDNdkuk
jaupoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

I haven't seen The Killer but I'll definitely check it out now. I thought Hard Boiled was pretty dope, lol best part was the shootout in the maternity ward
Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hardboiled all day

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Clientele_Kid36

Clientele_Kid36 shaolin monk

hard boiled.. classic scene
Clientele_Kid36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

A Better Tomorrow because it was the first of his classic movies and it was the film that annoucned Chow Yun Fat as a star
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Steve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken masta

Hard Boiled
Steve Urkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
DrunkenMasta303
zui quan

DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

BULLET IN THE HEAD!!!

ive seen almost all of his films and that one got the best storyline and the illest action IMO
DrunkenMasta303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
DrunkenMasta303
zui quan

DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

DrunkenMasta303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #9
jaupoon
Wu fanatic from Brooklyn

jaupoon shaolin monk

Yeah Bullet in the Head is a good film. But it seems a lil similar to that Robert De Niro flick "The Deer Hunter". And yeah for all you cats who havent seen "The Killer" you HAVE to see it! Hard Boiled is off the hook (especially the ending shootout) but The Killer to me neways seems like a better and more gripping story and its more brutal. The shootouts in the Killer are literally "bullet ballet" and theres tons of symbolism and philosophy to it but you have to look beneath the surface.

Browndog= Yeah definately catch the Killer. At the moment it is a little harder to find than Hard Boiled because Hard Boiled is on Dragon Dynasty and the Killer is on Fox Lorber and a out of print Criterion. You can easily find the Killer on amazon/best buy for cheap and it may be available at your video rental store. I promise you all wont be let down, the action is AMAZING!
Not to mention, some of the classic dialogue from "The Killer" is on Raekwons classic "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx".

*P.S. I CANT WAIT 4 CUBAN LINX 2!!!! And be sure to BUY it people! Support the Wu Tang!
jaupoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #10
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINO View Post
BULLET IN THE HEAD!!!

ive seen almost all of his films and that one got the best storyline and the illest action IMO

i agree

1. bullet in the head
2. a better tomorrow
3. hard boiled
4 the killer
5.the last hurrah for chivalry

Last edited by 100pr00f; 08-24-2009 at 12:25 PM.
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

all time is the killer. but his americanized shit is good too

face off and windtalkers are awesome!