news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 09-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #61
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Very interesting video there Robert, I had never heard of the Drake equation (Although I am hardly professing any real profound knowledge on the subject.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
^^maybe they're just tryna see how we develop as a society or something...and since apparently they had more contact with humans years n years ago, maybe they tried helpin us back then and saw we kept fight amongst each other and creating organized religion and they just said "fuck it"
It could well be possible they have been and gone, you never know. I'm not sure seeing how we develop as a society would be entirely all that thrilling to a civilisation that can travel from one galaxy to another with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUNKENDRAGON View Post
I think if aliens are as intelligent as we presume they'd know better not to present themselves to us on a global scale. They'd have enough sense to know that the fact they exist would demolish our religious beliefs and disrupt our way of life on earth. It's like when people go on a safari or whatever, just observe, don't disrupt.
Why would they care, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Makes sense. Why go through all that trouble when they already know human history.

Plus, I highly doubt that aliens are in human form. Two eyes, two arms, and two legs. In pictures, they're bipedal. They have binocular vision like primates (humans are primates) do. That doesn't make any sense to me. I think aliens look so different to the point where we can't even imagine it.

It's more of a question of, "why go through all that trouble to learn from an inferior species?" If they are so advanced that they could travel through who knows how many galaxies, which have been estimated to take years into the millions to travel through, they can really learn nothing from us and thus have no real logical reason on visiting this planet..

You can't second guess an outer planet civilisation's appearance, either. "In pictures" you are seeing our own perception of what we believe Aliens to look like. I also don't see how it isn't possible they look similar to us, if we are as we are what's to say there isn't an exact replica somewhere out there? Surely with the hundreds of millions of galaxies and therefore possible civilisations there surely would have to be one that is on par with our own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #62
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
billions and billions and BILLIONS
apparently you're down with sagan to some extent

"billions and billions"

nothing?
anybody?

[bateman] sinners [/bateman]
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #63
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Hahahahahaha!

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #64
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy Turtle View Post

It's more of a question of, "why go through all that trouble to learn from an inferior species?" If they are so advanced that they could travel through who knows how many galaxies, which have been estimated to take years into the millions to travel through, they can really learn nothing from us and thus have no real logical reason on visiting this planet..

You can't second guess an outer planet civilisation's appearance, either. "In pictures" you are seeing our own perception of what we believe Aliens to look like. I also don't see how it isn't possible they look similar to us, if we are as we are what's to say there isn't an exact replica somewhere out there? Surely with the hundreds of millions of galaxies and therefore possible civilisations there surely would have to be one that is on par with our own?

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with you on this one. I cannot imagine that aliens could look similar to humans. They have to look like something else we hardly can imagine. We're talking about other life forms existing somewhere in the universe. That means different species of animals, intelligence, genes, etc. They could look and live like anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
apparently you're down with sagan to some extent

"billions and billions"
Honestly, I thought Sagan equation was VERY interesting. But I disagree with him to some extent.

Andromeda Galaxy is, I think, similar to ours. There's a start. Plus, Both the Andromeda (the largest) and Milk Way (the most massive) and the Triangulum (I think that's how it's spelled) Galaxies are a part of the Local Group, including some 30 other galaxies. But these galaxies are MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS years apart. Is there an existence of life in each one of these galaxies? There should be. Maybe, maybe not. Again, the universe is......just huge and there are old galaxies and stars that formed, I think, like 800,000 years after the big bang. But those galaxies I believe are very small and very hot since they're so OLD! Plus, they're in clusters. Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies are young compared to them. So.....

Last edited by IrOnMaN; 09-11-2009 at 03:12 PM.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote