news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #16
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
ya but why do we care about it so much?

we are continuously looking for new places to develop cause we fucked this planet up, they need to just focus where we at, not where we want to be
I don't think i've ever heard a more misguided and just flat out wrong statement, ever.

Man has always been breaking barriers and reaching new levels of scientific achievement in it's history. Then we landed on the moon (supposedly) and all those ambitions ceased. We are stuck in a rut due to the fact that space travel just isn't profitable. Stuck in an Earthly idea, for the sake of greed. We should be concentrating on new big ideas. Terraforming and hyperspace travel should be at the forefront of these new ideas. Instead we quibble over what scarce resources we have on this planet rather than look for them on others, and nuclearize space as if we don't have enough nukes on the surface. Everything we do is completely contrary and counterproductive to the human spirit. It's a miserable sad state of affairs. It should be done and must be done, for no other reason than to have a contingency plan against an inevitable extinction level event that could threaten to wipe us all out. Man's main concern should be the continuation of man, not the accumulation of wealth and power by a few who wish to control and spread misery throughout the globe.

I should run for congress.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #17
Sinapse
Hip Hop aholic

Sinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venoms

lol @ "It's not liquid water, it's not frozen water and it's not gaseous water,”

shooting rockets into the moon to figure out what's up with a few stray molecules, smh

NASA is by far the most poorly run science organization in the history of mankind
Sinapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #18
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
Has anyone seen that film Moon?

I think it came out ages ago in the US and UK, but it's just coming out here.

Looks brilliant.

It's directed by David Bowie's son, and stars Sam Rockwell (who always performs excellently).

It's weird that i never heard about it when it came out, i guess it got a pretty limited release in the US?
watch it
buy it
it's amazing...it has a solaris (tarkovsky's) and 2001 vibe...rockwell is great as usual (he even sold me on his Dubya-fied version of Zaphod in Hitchhiker's Guide)

As far as the topic...this is absurd...bombing the moon for water? sounds like something out of a satirical piece. Wouldn't Mars, or half of Saturn or Jupiter's moons be a safer bet, since we know they actually have ice of some kind? Actually, why not exploit the two massive gas giants we have in the solar system, create robotic probes to extract gas and convert it to water electrically or in a centrifuge or whatever.

The Earth is mostly water anyway...this is so ridiculous. Do we really need water that badly? Can't we create synthetic water in a lab? We have a hardon collider, nuclear weapons, complex miniaturized electronics out the ass...but we need to bomb the moon for water? smells like fish.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #19
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
We are stuck in a rut due to the fact that space travel just isn't profitable. Stuck in an Earthly idea, for the sake of greed. We should be concentrating on new big ideas. Terraforming and hyperspace travel should be at the forefront of these new ideas.
Not to be cliche, but we need to sort out our earthly problems first before spreading them out to the universe or even spreading them out to a lifeless solar system.

Hyperspace? I mean that's in the same realm as wormholes, theoretical concepts that fill holes in mathematical equations that haven't actually been detected by our technology...and at our current level of scientific understanding, the energy required to even reached a fraction of luminal velocity would be ridiculous...and basically, if faster than light travel can't be figured out, we might as well stay our ass home, because who wants to travel 4 years to get to Alpha Centauri?

And you know and I know, the first application of terraforming will take place on terra, not on some distant world. Especially if terrafoming can be automated and weaponized on some star trek genesis device shit.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #20
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinapse View Post
lol @ "It's not liquid water, it's not frozen water and it's not gaseous water,”

shooting rockets into the moon to figure out what's up with a few stray molecules, smh

NASA is by far the most poorly run science organization in the history of mankind
Yup.

I guess it's not any worse than dropping nuclear weapons on our own planet though, which we've done dozens of times.

watch it not even hit the target and it'll just become a part of the moons orbit. from now on every time we send shit to the moon we'll have to watch out for a floating missle.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #21
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
Not to be cliche, but we need to sort out our earthly problems first before spreading them out to the universe or even spreading them out to a lifeless solar system.

Hyperspace? I mean that's in the same realm as wormholes, theoretical concepts that fill holes in mathematical equations that haven't actually been detected by our technology...and at our current level of scientific understanding, the energy required to even reached a fraction of luminal velocity would be ridiculous...and basically, if faster than light travel can't be figured out, we might as well stay our ass home, because who wants to travel 4 years to get to Alpha Centauri?

And you know and I know, the first application of terraforming will take place on terra, not on some distant world. Especially if terrafoming can be automated and weaponized on some star trek genesis device shit.
As I stated before, all of our Earthly problems can be traced back to greed, and clearly I was stating what we should be concentrating on if we weren't bogged down in our own muck. Perhaps hyperspace travel is way beyond our capacity, but perhaps not. Think about those reverse engineering principals when deciding if it is "impossible" at our current technological state. And finally as far as your statement on terraforming goes, we already have started looking into terraforming on Mars, a few of the probes we sent were specifically designed to look into just that, but that too is being put on hold for monetary reasons. The thing you said about the "Genesis probe" is just flat out ridiculous, I think we both know that could never happen that way, it is beyond fantasy.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 10-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #22
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^of course, my point was is that terraforming will first be tested here once the technology is available...but if there was a way to depopulate an area without radiation and damage to the environment while at the same time rendering the land arable, it would be used with no problem. I am aware that Mars has been investigated for colonization...to me, the technologies should be developed and researched, but until space travel is feasible for the average human being, it's a waste. because then our classism and elitism would just be transferred to other planets, where only the wealthy or highly trained personnel would ever be able to leave the earth.

hyperspace, wormholes, higher dimensions, cosmic strings are all stuff we barely understand on a theoretical level, let alone as anything with a practical application.

anyway, the whole issues of bombing the moon for future is insanely ridiculous; backwards science at it's worst imo

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 10-08-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #23
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Yea, you know the greys warned us off the moon. Won't they be upset? Is the south pole not near the Sea of Tranquility? They invade our space and we fall back, they assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!

Old 10-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #24
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
They invade our space and we fall back, they assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!
star trek: first contact?

i was wondering if this was bitchslapping some underground moon aliens for something they said or did.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #25
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Steve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
Yup.

I guess it's not any worse than dropping nuclear weapons on our own planet though, which we've done dozens of times.

watch it not even hit the target and it'll just become a part of the moons orbit. from now on every time we send shit to the moon we'll have to watch out for a floating missle.
lmao
Steve Urkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #26
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

I agree with the above sentiment. The US has fallen into a rut since the middle of the cold war (as soon as we landed on the moon) we reached the climax of human accomplishments as so far, and then we said "Well now that he can place a man with missile guided accuracy on a moon millions of miles away, we'll have no fucking problem placing this nuke on moscow."

US Government=Fail

Space is supposed to be about uniting people as a species and doing something meaningful not petty.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #27
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

watch them accidently launch a missile at some other planet and start an inter-galatic war, with the Alien equivalents of Al-Queda.

something always fucks up with these big budget experiments.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #28
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

tbh i'm just interested in the views of various religions about this....

can't imagine them being too happy, as if it fuckin matters anyway.