news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-16-2005, 09:56 AM   #1
Butter
Hunger Pains..

Butter grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Butter Send a message via MSN to Butter
Default How many Of You..

Base your opinion on an album or artist just by what you have heard from other people? i was in college earlier today listening to some Onyx i think, maybe Sticky, and i realised i have Sticky's 'Decade' album, and never listened to it because what has been said about it. Ive heard its not good at all so i just havent listened to it, even though im a huge fan of Onyx and Sticky. ima check it out later im sure its not as bad as everyone says.

Anyone else ever passed up albums you wanted to hear but didnt because of other peoples opinions?
Old 09-16-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
Cheech Da WildKard
Shotta Rap

Cheech Da WildKard grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Cheech Da WildKard
Default Re: How many Of You..

Nope. I got my own mind. What's trash to you could be the next man's treasure .
Cheech Da WildKard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:58 AM   #3
Cheech Da WildKard
Shotta Rap

Oh yeah, and "Decade" isn't terrible, it's got a couple good tracks...it was jus' a poor follow up to the incredible "Black Trash" album.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
tragedykhadafi12
Veteran Member

tragedykhadafi12 drunken mastatragedykhadafi12 drunken masta

I never listen to other people. Sometimes it even takes a couple times listening to a cd to actually like it.
tragedykhadafi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
arcane
separatin game from truth

arcane grasshopper

I use other people's opinions heavily when deciding what to buy. My tastes are aligned with those of a lot of people that post here, so I've bought several albums in the last couple of months alone without having heard them - only because I heard here that they were good. Eg: One Be Lo, Sean Price, Buckshot, etc... That said, I know what I don't like so that if someone here says The Massacre is hot, I chalk that up to someone else's opinion and move on...

-Arcane

http://arcanum.dmusic.com
arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
Cheech Da WildKard
Shotta Rap

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane
I use other people's opinions heavily when deciding what to buy. My tastes are aligned with those of a lot of people that post here, so I've bought several albums in the last couple of months alone without having heard them - only because I heard here that they were good. Eg: One Be Lo, Sean Price, Buckshot, etc... That said, I know what I don't like so that if someone here says The Massacre is hot, I chalk that up to someone else's opinion and move on...
The Massacre was hot! ...Once I set it alight and threw it across the street...
Old 09-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #7
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

i did when Come Home With Me dropped....wat an idiot
its a fuckin dipset classic...even better than his first LP (nuthin beats SDE though)

peace

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #8
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

i supose othe rpeoples opinions can influence me slightly but nah i dont think ive not listened to an album cos ive heard its shit. i've bought albums cos ive heard theyre good, de la souls 3 feet & grind date, beastie boys - pauls boutique, p.e - it takes a nation, jigga - reasonable doubt. jigga album is shite, but the other r quite dope except beastie boys, its aight, so i go on reccomendation sometimes, when i don't have other cd's I want to buy, even if it is 50 cent. i don't care, if i like it then i'll get it or if i think it might be good i might buy it.
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #9
Nexodus the Nth Entity
Nth

Nexodus the Nth Entity grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Nexodus the Nth Entity

it depends on 'who' influences you on what to listen or what not to listen to....
if you know someone on the internet (or otherwise) that shares the same ear for music as yours you'll listen to what they have to say.....if some random person says something about an album/track you're on the fence with, I personally simply omit their comments and decide for myself

Spheres of the Mind @ Soundclick :::Spheres Myspace:::Nexodus Myspace
Nexodus the Nth Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #10
Alcryt
the wucorp lurker

Alcryt shaolin monk

omg i used 2 b so stupid like tht, my m8 wud tell me certain music is crap n i wud b lik na i aint gettin tht den, or i jst wudnt get it cos dey wud b lik y tha fuk u getin tht its shite. wish i came 2 my senses sooner i wud o found out bout wu tang alot sooner!! all that time he was tha 1 tht knew nufin bout decent music lol
shameful past...
Alcryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #11
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Sometimes you need to. If a large portion of listeners didnt do this, then the point of reviewing albums would be pointless. And of course people read reviews and that gives them some idea what the album would be like after reading several reviews. There are a lot of dope albums out there that I might never get around to listening to, so thats another reason....not every album can be sampled.

But of course not always. There are lots of albums that I bought that I discovered are dope and then heard other people that think its dope too. And there are other albums that I have discovered without anyone's opinion and was judging it by myself in the dark.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #12
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

my m8 reckons mobb deep r dope i fink they r shite so i can scratch other opinions also.
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote