news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Inspectah Deck - Uncontrolled Substance
Classic 27 27.27%
Superior 29 29.29%
Banger 30 30.30%
Above Average 11 11.11%
Average 2 2.02%
Wack 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #76
OddioPellMell
The Angel of MUSIC

OddioPellMell grasshopper

Classic in my books. ONE of the first wu cds i owned helped change how i looked at hiphop. lyrically unchallanged on this joint for sure

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXPx1MCafY/[YOUTUBE]
OddioPellMell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #77
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

if 3 or 4 tracks were left out of the album it would be considered a classic by every wu fan.
Few tracks are breaking the flow of album and should have been removed.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #78
Drunken Monk
B Team

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

9/10
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #79
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

above average

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #80
New Hills 36
PRODIGAL SUN

New Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkey

Deck to me is one of the greatest rappers ever. When he's on it's perfection. But this didn't live up to potential. I'd love to hear the Deck, GZA, MK trio album that was wished for on this boards a few years back. Deck needs company I feel. Friction is a classic though and this is still a good album.
New Hills 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #81
Wu-tang Fan
Veteran Member

Wu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken masta

I have read 3 pages of this thread and I don't get what people don't like about this album. Maybe the reason some cats don't like it is the reason I do like it. Nearly all the beats are very good and have a nice soulful upbeat feel to them. They aren't the gritty Wu sound, they are nice and cheerful. I love "City High" and "Show N Prove" just to name a couple. Deck's voice really compliment the cheerful beats on this album, gets me mad hyped up when I listen to the joint.
Wu-tang Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:17 AM   #82
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ lol "City High" ain't even on this album

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #83
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^^ lol "City High" ain't even on this album
LOL exactly. Corn ass nigga.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #84
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

P-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killa

Is it me or is this album missing all the generals besides u-god and masta???? Wtf is up wit that ????? Not for nothing they all lost their way after wu-tang forever....
Old 10-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #85
Wu-tang Fan
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
LOL exactly. Corn ass nigga.
Callin me a corn ass punk? Just because I like the album? It was on Youtube it had the cover of Uncontrolled substance on it. How would I know it wasn't?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #86
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ lol if you really was feeling it like that a real head would support the artist and go out and buy an actual copy of the album like the rest of us. i can't actually believe people choose to play their music via youtube, quality is horrible compared to CD or even mp3

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #87
Drunken Monk
B Team

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

One of the best wu solo albums of the history
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #88
DrunkenMasta303
zui quan

DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yo when deck said:

"why u talking like the Morpheus of rhymes, when my first shit sold more than all your shit combined"

was he talking about 36 or US? just wondering
DrunkenMasta303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #89
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ pretty sure he meant "Uncontrolled Substance", i think it went gold actually

Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #90
Wu-tang Fan
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^^ lol if you really was feeling it like that a real head would support the artist and go out and buy an actual copy of the album like the rest of us. i can't actually believe people choose to play their music via youtube, quality is horrible compared to CD or even mp3
I am gonna. Not all of us are rich suburban kids...