news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #16
Kennings
Thought Provoker

Kennings grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Kennings
Default Re: Australian Hip Hop

can anyone upload something
Kennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:09 PM   #17
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Butter
capricorn cat brought a sick album out called 'pegz' its a pretty good listen.
yep a nice album indeed
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #18
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #19
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWisdom
can anyone upload something
yeah if you explain to me how to do it I'll upload some stuff.
peace

Old 09-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #20
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk

it's ok... haven't really listened to much... good for novelty value, but can't listen to it for extended periods... i remember an old poster here uploaded some of his mate's album... the mc was illergic... he was pretty good...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:53 AM   #21
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

[QUOTE=7ess]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel The Prophet
Not all the artists are white, some aborigines and other cultures but they are predominately white. Croc hunter, crocodile dundee, riding kangaroos and all that other shit is rubbish and Aus rap certainly doesnt reflect it. It mostly reflects the undrground hip hop/youth scene in Australia. Some of it is political as our government are George Bush dickriders.

The Nicole Kidman of rap? You ignorant mothafucka, you judge without hearing. I challenge you to actually listen to some aussie hip hop and tell me what you think. As for all the rascist bullshit about convicts (which doesnt apply to me as half bloodline came during WWII from italy) you should cut that out. If you a seppo (American) didnt you also originate from religious rejects from england? Anyway, check some Aus hip hop out, you might actually like it
peace[/QUOTE

You can take a dick but you can't take a joke?
Besides you answered my question and for someone who has never been or has any intention of going to aus, it was legitimate to ask if its white rap, which it obviously was. And no body in my family originated from england, shit I don't think I know anybody with english blood. You can't deny the history of the whites in your country and a lot of them look mad fucking retarded. Hey but don't worry we got a lot of those motherfuckers in the south, we call em rednecks! Ha Ha Ha
to be fair though... i'm not a massive fan of it, but it's not white rap... a lot of the guys in the australian hip hop scene are of indigenous, islander or maori descent, greek, italian, lebanese, central american, asian etc ... to be honest, regardless of ethnicity, their accents and slang can make them all sound the same... if you heard the track playing, you couldn't tell who was from where... there are some social problems down here for sure, but the hip hop scene here is a more positive example of australia being multicultural...

nice call with the rednecks... what happens when they run out of buckwheat and tobacco? do they chew gum instead?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:22 AM   #22
Dr Zayus
Wu Vatican

Dr Zayus drunken mastaDr Zayus drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ess
You can take a dick but you can't take a joke?
Besides you answered my question and for someone who has never been or has any intention of going to aus, it was legitimate to ask if its white rap, which it obviously was. And no body in my family originated from england, shit I don't think I know anybody with english blood. You can't deny the history of the whites in your country and a lot of them look mad fucking retarded. Hey but don't worry we got a lot of those motherfuckers in the south, we call em rednecks! Ha Ha Ha
How about knowing something about australia before you start bullshitting off the top of your head?
Dr Zayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:06 AM   #23
Robert
1%

True that, This thread aint about dissing Australia, its about listening to Aussie hip hop, opinions on Aus hip hop, mp3's of Aus hip hop, etc. Just wanna spread the word, I mean there are lots of countries other then america with large hip hop scenes.
peace

Old 09-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #24
GhostfaceKillah199
Sun God

GhostfaceKillah199 grasshopper

yall seem too concerned about backgrounds. one blood. peace

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
Not even if I fell from ten stories high
Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz
GhostfaceKillah199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:11 AM   #25
Robert
1%

Last edited by Robert; 04-30-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:22 AM   #26
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah199
yall seem too concerned about backgrounds. one blood. peace
yeh man, didn't mean to give off that impression... i thought the whole crocodile hunter gag was funny... i was just trying to provide an idea of what it was like...

like i said, i don't really like it, but it's not white rap... it's australian hip hop and has a strange amalgm... it's the sort of thing i think foreigners would either love or hate with no in between...
Old 09-17-2005, 01:45 AM   #27
Biff_Reagle

Biff_Reagle grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Biff_Reagle

the white rappers here in aus are fucking grimey, own any black rappers here in my oppinion
Old 09-17-2005, 01:56 AM   #28
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ess
Are they all white artists because from the lil I've studied I know the native culture of aus is mad supressed, I'd be interested in hearing some political type shit but I'm not ready for the the nicole kidman of rap. Remember too the whites down there were English rejects, criminally insane & retarded, I'm sorry but it shows, look at the fucking croc hunter.

Anybody see Rabbit proof fence?
aborinal people are not necessarily supressed. just discriminated against by certain people in society and generally at a disadvantage in society. could possibly compared to indian americans i geuss, and living conditions in some communities would probably be similar to that of african americans in some parts of the US

aside from that you really are an ignorant fuck. do some research and you might realise that only a very small proportion of the australian popualation has descended from convicts. the exact same thing about coming from convicts could be said about americans.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote