news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 12-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #661
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
Keep your hand selection tight, you can win a tournament and only play 5 hands all night. Go with top 10% This includes:

AA
KK
QQ
JJ
TT
AK
AQ
AJ
AT
KQ

So you're saying i should only play with these hands?

Because you are new and your opponents will generally be more skilled, you want the pots as big as possible preflop. You want to gamble more. Don't be afraid to just shove. If you accumulate chips, steal the blinds. Bet 3-4 times the big blind preflop and don't let up til the thing is over.

So if i get one of those hands i should really raise big?

Heads up the more aggressive player is usually the winner. Bully away. Yeah thats what i hear...
Thanks man, if you should think if any more little tips you could give me before sunday it would be greatly appreciated!!

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #662
Drunken Monk
The ABBOTT

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

[QUOTE=beautifulrock;1772051]

AT

whts dat?

neva heard bout that
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #663
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ace ten

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #664
Drunken Monk
The ABBOTT

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

My bad true!!!

Thx lord
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #665
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

so i went to my first tournament today, and i actually did better than i thought in advance. but the last hand this guy went all in on me, i had ACE-KING so i went along (everyone would've right?) we turn our cards, he has KING-QUEEN so im thinking i got him... the turn is a queen and im out of there.....

i played for almost 3 hours, so thats not too bad. cant wait till the next one.

thanks again to beautifulrock's tips, they really helped. anytime if you think of tips please post them, they're greatly apreciated.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #666
cap
THE ILL ONE

this is an interesting video. maybe its old news for vets like B-rock but for a beginner like myself, it could be helpful.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #667
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^that is good for a rough estimate. The outs on the river are actually 2.25% and 4.4 on the turn, but that works ok.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 01-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #668
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

There's some great tips and information in this thread, Beautifulrock. Much appreciated.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #669
cap
THE ILL ONE

Quote:
Keep your hand selection tight, you can win a tournament and only play 5 hands all night. Go with top 10% This includes:

AA
KK
QQ
JJ
TT
AK
AQ
AJ
AT
KQ

Because you are new and your opponents will generally be more skilled, you want the pots as big as possible preflop. You want to gamble more. Don't be afraid to just shove. If you accumulate chips, steal the blinds. Bet 3-4 times the big blind preflop and don't let up til the thing is over. Heads up the more aggressive player is usually the winner. Bully away.
so B-rock i have a question. would you give me the same advice for a cash game as for a tournament?
would you advice me to play as tight?
and keep in mind i'm not going to buy myself back in if im out of chips.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #670
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

The biggest difference between a cash came and a tournament is the fear factor. In a tournament you can use big moves to force out opponents because the wrong call will break them. In a cash game where rebuy is optional, the likelihood that your bluffs will be picked off is higher. I hardly ever bluff in a cash game, I don't semibluff as much and I'm always trying to be a step behind my opponents to confuse them. My starting hands I play increase dramatically. Concentrate on trapping an opponent for all their money. String them along til it's time to drop the hammer, but try not to trap yourself. Cash games are about winning and losing hands. Don't fall in love with your hand, the board can dramatically change the strength of it. Remember AA doesn't always beat 72. If you plan on buying in only once, play extremely tight until you can build your stack a little. Forget about stealing. Short stacks don't have that luxury. Take it one hand at a time and keep your conversation low. Try to be statuesque. Set a goal, and leave when you reach it. Don't get dragged into staying one second longer than you want to.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #671
cap
THE ILL ONE

Quote:
The biggest difference between a cash came and a tournament is the fear factor. In a tournament you can use big moves to force out opponents because the wrong call will break them. In a cash game where rebuy is optional, the likelihood that your bluffs will be picked off is higher. I hardly ever bluff in a cash game, I don't semibluff as much and I'm always trying to be a step behind my opponents to confuse them. My starting hands I play increase dramatically. Concentrate on trapping an opponent for all their money. String them along til it's time to drop the hammer, but try not to trap yourself. Cash games are about winning and losing hands. Don't fall in love with your hand, the board can dramatically change the strength of it. Remember AA doesn't always beat 72. If you plan on buying in only once, play extremely tight until you can build your stack a little. Forget about stealing. Short stacks don't have that luxury. Take it one hand at a time and keep your conversation low. Try to be statuesque. Set a goal, and leave when you reach it. Don't get dragged into staying one second longer than you want to.
ok this will come in handy, thx a lot.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #672
Blackula Spectacula
The ABBOTT

Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Blackula Spectacula Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Blackula Spectacula
Default What happened to the Sticky'd Poker thread?

hmmmm?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:56 AM   #673
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

It's like a few threads down from this?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #674
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I cant believe how Im playing on the Rush Poker tables. I lost like 20 major hands in a row. This is playing 10% of the hands....holy doomswitches.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #675
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

^^^co fucking sign, the way I'm losing dominating races isn't even probable much less possible

Anybody watch High Stakes Poker last night? Gabe Kaplan said one of the funniest off color remarks I ever heard..."Tiger doesn't find every hole..."