news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #16
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger
Default Re: Wu Tang Corp Beat Battle 2 (VOTE NOW!!) pt. 1

To all those wondering, the Battle ends when the poll closes this Friday, and that's also when the next battle will start. I already have the sample chosen, and it will really seperate the rookies from the pros this time . In case you missed the message from the first thread, this is essentially a tournament, we will have about 5 battles before the finals, where the winners will face off against each other using popular samples and the basic challenge is to see who can flip it in the most original way.

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Old 09-21-2005, 08:50 AM   #17
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

Ok in the first thread I explained that you cannot vote for more than one person, so there are a few votes that do not count, because if you double voted you invalidate both of your votes. I made the poll public to see if that would happen, and it did

so the official current standings are:

Red I'Z - 5 votes
MF Herbs - 4 votes
Suprememath - 3 votes
graveyard shifter - 3 votes
AZA - 3 votes
Lord Zero - 2 votes
shaolin's finest - 1 vote
Prophet-One - 1 vote
Mrloks - 1 vote
GRANDMASSIVE - 0 votes
BrokenWrists - 0 votes
Literate Type Asshole - 0 votes

also due to certain problems, I will set up a soundclick account specifically for these battles, so starting with the next battle everyone can upload their beat onto that page, and give everyone a fair chance of getting their beat heard.

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

Old 09-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #18
shaolins_finest
PROLIFIC

shaolins_finest shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Ok in the first thread I explained that you cannot vote for more than one person, so there are a few votes that do not count, because if you double voted you invalidate both of your votes. I made the poll public to see if that would happen, and it did

so the official current standings are:

Red I'Z - 5 votes
MF Herbs - 4 votes
Suprememath - 3 votes
graveyard shifter - 3 votes
AZA - 3 votes
Lord Zero - 2 votes
shaolin's finest - 1 vote
Prophet-One - 1 vote
Mrloks - 1 vote
GRANDMASSIVE - 0 votes
BrokenWrists - 0 votes
Literate Type Asshole - 0 votes

also due to certain problems, I will set up a soundclick account specifically for these battles, so starting with the next battle everyone can upload their beat onto that page, and give everyone a fair chance of getting their beat heard.
Niggas will get there beats stolen if everyone uploads and uses 1 account. I dont think thats a good idea. Niggas need to stop being lazy and just sign up for sound click. Just fill out the shit and upload your beats for free. It's mad simple. Im sticking with my sound click account, you dudes who use the download joints could share an account because its true i didn't even listen to your beats because i didn't feel like downloading.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:02 AM   #19
Red I'z

Red I'z grasshopper

bump
Old 09-22-2005, 06:51 PM   #20
Prophet-One
Veteran Member

Prophet-One crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Prophet-One

Good to know shitheads didn't bother listening to all the beats, mine will be on soundclick next time
Old 09-22-2005, 07:14 PM   #21
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolins_finest
Niggas will get there beats stolen if everyone uploads and uses 1 account. I dont think thats a good idea. Niggas need to stop being lazy and just sign up for sound click. Just fill out the shit and upload your beats for free. It's mad simple. Im sticking with my sound click account, you dudes who use the download joints could share an account because its true i didn't even listen to your beats because i didn't feel like downloading.
^^^ TRUE DAT, EVERYONE SHOULD SIGN UP TO SC. STOP BEIN LAZY BASTARDS AND DO IT LOL
Old 09-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #22
Xerogravity
aka Wretowreck

Xerogravity grasshopper
Thumbs up Re: Wu Tang Corp Beat Battle 2 (VOTE NOW!!) pt. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolins_finest
If i wasn't voting for myself, i would definitetly go with Mrloks joint. He won this battle, and if not then he got robbed. He flipped the sample the best. The way the beats change up and the feel of the song remains the same was hot. I couldn't have done it any better. Mrloks won but if you don't like his joint then you know shaolins_finest got that dope shit!
yo, after listening to every beat...this has got to be the toughest part of the poll. I have to agree with this cat about how Mr Loks flipped the sample nicely, but that drum pattern is not my steez...to me it sounded like magnetic resistance: a dope job on the sample vs. a wacked out club drum pattern.

after hearing all 10 beats tho, i narrowed it down to two which I thought were the best out of all submissions: Red I's and AZA's...both of these cats did an excellent job arranging the samples and drum patterns to compliment each other and keep that "Wu feel" that we're all familiar with. All the others in my opinion, either tried too hard or not hard enough to capture that Wu feeling with they submissions.

My Vote: Red I's
My reason: red i's did an EXCELLENT job in every element of producing this beat: arranging, sequencing, mixing, and structure. I've heard literally 100's of beats, and red i's has what it takes, and i say this as a listener of beats and as a CERTIFIED recording engineer. Good Job, duke!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:53 AM   #23
Red I'z

Red I'z grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerogravity
yo, after listening to every beat...this has got to be the toughest part of the poll. I have to agree with this cat about how Mr Loks flipped the sample nicely, but that drum pattern is not my steez...to me it sounded like magnetic resistance: a dope job on the sample vs. a wacked out club drum pattern.

after hearing all 10 beats tho, i narrowed it down to two which I thought were the best out of all submissions: Red I's and AZA's...both of these cats did an excellent job arranging the samples and drum patterns to compliment each other and keep that "Wu feel" that we're all familiar with. All the others in my opinion, either tried too hard or not hard enough to capture that Wu feeling with they submissions.

My Vote: Red I's
My reason: red i's did an EXCELLENT job in every element of producing this beat: arranging, sequencing, mixing, and structure. I've heard literally 100's of beats, and red i's has what it takes, and i say this as a listener of beats and as a CERTIFIED recording engineer. Good Job, duke!!!
yo. dis is 1 of the best compliments i ever got!!! thx man!! i really priciate dat!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:50 PM   #24
Found My Purpose

ok the winner of this is Red I'Z with 7 official votes

there were numerous problems with double voting so for the next battles after this there will be these new rules:

1. NO Double voting, if you vote for more than one person, both your votes will be invalidated.
2. NO VOTING FOR YOURSELF, or it will not count
3. Everyone must have a soundclick page to participate in the battle, or you will not be allowed to

besides that, everything else still applies. I will set up the next battle later tonight.

Closed Thread