news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #91
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

white man lifestyles

SHEM HOT TIPZ
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #92
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
it really took my internet seven minutes of dr. oz to load this reply page so i can congratulate you

you better enjoy it darnit
Sorry mate, I'll post less photos.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #93
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
white man lifestyles

SHEM HOT TIPZ
Are you implying the Black man can't do such outlandish ish?

SHEM HETOOP.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #94
Robert
1%

I will be away for the next 8 days. I am going here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernandina_Island

Once again, I will be diving with the Ecological Monitoring team, performing macroinvertebrate surveys (I'm not sure if I mentioned that already). I can't believe my luck really.

This part of the achipelago is amazing (Punta Vicente Roca, The Bolivar Channel), and difficult to get to unless you go on an expensive cruise. Fernandina and Isabela are the youngest islands and they also have a great deal of volcanic activity. The waters there are cold and full of nutrients (Cromwell Current). They support a mass of marine life.

The penguin and flightless cormorant colonies exist in this part of the archipelago, and you are almost guaranteed of seeing these guys:

This place is a scientists playground.

SHEM HOTEP.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #95
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

How long are you there?

Do you get some form of qualification after the experience?
Old 02-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #96
Robert
1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidious Christ View Post
How long are you there?

Do you get some form of qualification after the experience?
In total, 6 months, then I have another 2 months in the continent.

I am unsure what sort of qualification you have envisaged. You can do a Scientific Diver course, for example, but you lose the qualification unless you do a ridiculous number of scientific dives in a year.

The majority of the scientists here, are Dive Masters, something that I will eventually do.

If you are talking about general qualifications then no. I am not doing a thesis here. I get a certificate, proof that I have volunteered here and performed certain tasks. It's all unimportant to me though, because I have learnt a great many things.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #97
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Sorry mate, I'll post less photos.
^no no no dont you dare, its only a fault of my internet service provider, and still as far as im concerned the more pics the better

anyway how long at a time do you stay under?
did you grow some sweet ass facial hair to fit the lifestyle?
how are you on the internet?

i have diarrhea for life no joke, lol, and somebody made the joke i might have drank from the wrong stream in the galapagos and im not quite sure what it means but yea, be safe out there

Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #98
EAGLE EYE
Operation Guillotine

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
white man lifestyles

SHEM HOT TIPZ

Funny you say this considering you are Micronesian and your homeland is a remote island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #99
Robert
1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke cage View Post
^no no no dont you dare, its only a fault of my internet service provider, and still as far as im concerned the more pics the better

anyway how long at a time do you stay under?

during the macroinvertebrate surveys, between an 60 and 70 minutes. We survey three sites each day.

did you grow some sweet ass facial hair to fit the lifestyle?

not sure if the term "sweet ass" really defines my facial growth. My beard is a work in progress. Pictures will come later.

how are you on the internet?

because my work building has internet lol. I'll be disconnected for the next 8 days though.

i have diarrhea for life no joke, lol, and somebody made the joke i might have drank from the wrong stream in the galapagos and im not quite sure what it means but yea, be safe out there

cheers.

shem hotep.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #100
Robert
1%

Punta Vicente Roca, the Northernmost point of Isabela

Jacques Cousteau

Fernandina

Me, looking like a weasel, before the final dive of the last monitoring trip

Flightless Cormorant

SHEM HETEP.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #101
Robert
1%

Default I noticed I had spelt "quadrat", "quadrant", probs coz the Spanish word is cuadrante.

The Monitoring trip was crazy.

During the trip, I dived to 45m and suffered (it was actually rather pleasant) a bout of nitrogen narcossis, which is inevitable when you dive below 30m.

We saw Manta Rays 3m across, Mola molas, whales, seahorses, penguins, and flightless cormorants, to name a few. During one of the dives, there was an Orca in the area but we didn't see it. The people in the zodiacs told us about it later. It couldn't have been more than 30m metres away, in only 8m of water.

Probably the most insane thing that happened, occurred on the final day. We were finishing off the shallow water transect at a tourist site called Cousins Rocks. There were two divers, me and another guy, in more or less the same position along the transect line. This large (man size) male Sea Lion had been circling us for some time, which was unsettling, although at the time I didn't think too much of it. So, while I was recording the last part of my data, I was watching the other diver, who was facing the rock wall recording information from a quadrat. I then noticed the Sea Lion, about 4m above and 15m behind him in the water column. All of a sudden, it swam directly at him and bite down hard on his metal dive tank. There was an audible "ping" sound in the water. I think, after it had bitten metal, it was deterred and left us alone, but in reality, that guy is extremely fucking lucky he didn't get a head injury.

When he turned around after the attack he didn't even know what had happened. We got the fuck out of the water after that. It's ironic that we fear sharks so much when I have never hard a hint of a problem with them here, whereas, "cute" friendly Sea Lions are actually not so cute and not friendly at all.

SHEM HETEP.

Last edited by Robert; 03-11-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #102
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

HAHAhahahahah nice story

Old 03-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #103
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol ah you basterd everytime i see you in duh tropics it reminds me what a piece of shit i am.. what you be eatin out there my negga?

Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #104
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

I just applied for a 2 year VSO volunteering course, hope they except me.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #105
Robert
1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
lol ah you basterd everytime i see you in duh tropics it reminds me what a piece of shit i am.. what you be eatin out there my negga?

Rice, and an aweful lot of it.

Actually, the food on the islands is not so good aside from the seafood. There are delicious ceviches, encebollados, marimotos, langosta/langostino a la plancha, generally with a healthy serve of patacones.