news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #16
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

its possible, but Cleveland has changed since the 70's so maybe thats the reason.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

That's a bullshit excuse not to film the movie in Cleveland because the city has changed. Detroit is worse than Cleveland. So i don't know why the movie is being filmed there.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #18
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

well, thats the point. Detroit looks more like Cleveland of the 70's than Cleveland.

But it may have been the city not wanting them to shoot it here cuz of the crime element.

Which is stupid, but definitely something the city would do.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Detroit got just as much crime as Cleveland. So that's a bullshit excuse also not to film it in Cleveland. I'm surprised that there hasn't been that many movies filmed in Cleveland because the city has nice neighborhoods and downtown is nice. Light Of Day movie with Michael J Fox and rock singer Joan Jett and Welcome To Collinwood movie with George Clooney and Isaiah Washington are the only movies i know of that were filmed in Cleveland.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #20
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

i would have liked to seen it filmed in collinwood, because thats were Danny Greene and alot of those guys were from.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #21
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

My great grandparents used to live in Collinwood. They're dead now but i used to visit them and that neighborhood is boring hahahahahahahaha. I think the opening credits scene in Major League movie with Tom Berenger, Charlie Sheen, Wesley Snipes was filmed in Cleveland. The movie is about the Cleveland Indians and it looks like from the opening credits that downtown Cleveland was being shown. I remember what the old Indians stadium used to look like and they showed it in the opening scene. Major League is a funny movie. Wesley Snipes and Dennis Haysbert who does the Allstate car insurance commercials and 24 and The Unit tv shows had me rolling.