news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 04-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Deep Thought Thread

just a thread to drop ideas that come when meditating or deep thinking.
this is from the "letter from who?" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
Dope post BTW Sunny...

or on the flipside, (the powers that be) convince you that you don't also exist in the same spirit world.

i was meditating on something along these lines recently.
some interesting ideas came thru...

what if we exist in a closed energy system?
meaning, all that exists in this reality (vibrating energy) is limited to this reality and no new energy can enter the system from beyond this reality.

we know that there are levels of engagement in reality that have corresponding energy requirements. exercising will, for example, requires energy, not the physical action but the initiating force itself. the animating spirit requires energy...we can go all the way up the tree...

but in a closed system, resouces(energy) is limited to the total amount of energy in that system. so in this system there is what i imagined to be "energy competition".

this is where the author of this letter comes in...

what if by cutting off the population to the "energy flow", or better yet, limiting the population to lower levels of energy use they feel that gives them the freedom to consume higher levels of energy at a greater burn rate?

of course this is ignorant, because in a closed system, energy can't enter but on the same token, energy can't escape the system either, which means any energy used is just converted into another form that can be reused again.

this is just me trying to wear the elitist shoes for a minute in an effort to understand them.

[/boarzhead walltext mode]
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's a what if to be explored

right now, we here, and we gotta work

that takes energy

how can we become faster and more effective, and, how much freedom will we have with this power - how much of it will be demanded of us -
Old 04-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hmmmm...

my response would be, is it more "work" to do the physical or the mental/spiritual?
is the cog in the wheel where the real work is done or is the machine doing the work?
or at the bird's eye view, is it all the same work?

is exercising someone else's wlll any better/worse than exercising one's own?
i mean, on one level exercise is exercise.

comparing it to business, when running your own company you have to be the janitor all the way to ceo. definitely more energy is needed to run that senario. the returns also match that input(optimally speaking).

but is that system preferable to getting a 9-5?
Old 04-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

The whole point of meditation is to halt all thoughts, and channel forces around you which will inturn become knowledge.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^Wrong sid. That is just one form of meditation.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Meditation by definition is the supression of all thoughts.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

thought is information.
in meditation, you quiet the "monkey mind" and the higher self has an opportunity to speak. this information is organized in the higher dimension and then presented to the monkey mind.
thought.

meditation would serve no purpose if you just went completely blank.
thru the absence of thought comes new ideas.

at least thats my understanding.
whats urs?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHALLAH JUSTICE View Post
Meditation by definition is the supression of all thoughts.
meditiation

1 - continuous and profound contemplation or musing on a subject or series of subjects of a deep or abstruse nature; "the habit of meditation is the basis for all real knowledge".

2 - - (religion) contemplation of spiritual matters (usually on religious or philosophical subjects)

To me meditiation is focussing on as many perspectives on a subject to obtain insight from it.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

Old 04-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
diggy
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHALLAH JUSTICE View Post
The whole point of meditation is to halt all thoughts, and channel forces around you which will inturn become knowledge.
What are these forces you speak of?

Quote:

Old 04-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
SID
I see you dawg

Through the supression of sponatenous thought, the mind becomes more aware of it's surroundings, it opens the floodgates and channels the CC.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
diggy
The ABBOTT

You would get alot of imput from many channels that way.

How do you tune in to a specific channel you wanna get info from?

Quote:

Old 04-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #12
diggy
The ABBOTT

I mean, the missing element here is focus.

Quote:

Old 04-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #13
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

off topic

for the past few years i've been having these crazy vibrations between my ears... especially when i yawn, stretch, or squint my eyes... looked on the internet and found out that shit is due to tremendous stress... i don't know what prompted me 2 do this but i got some shrooms and tried to meditate that shit out of me... took about 2 grams and sat in a corner for like 5 hours just thinking about the vibrations and willing it out of my system... and sure enough, that shit disappeared and hasn't been back since... meditation is some real shit
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

you can also try self hypnosis.
which is just a relaxed state of high suggestibility.

i learned a few techniques on my retreat.

one is pain management.
i learned how to relax myself from head to toe then create a symbolic scenario in order to get a literal effect.

the scenario most effective for me was to imagine a bucket of ice water.physically stick my hand in the imaginary ice water till it went numb.(it really goes numb) then transfer the numbness by physically touching the body part that was hurting.

the first time i tried this in a session, i jumped up out of hypnosis cause it freaked me the fuck out. i mean my shit was really numb.

its similar to imagining a hot summer day or a roaring fire when you are out in the cold. mind over matter.

in your case traz, you could have possibly imagined the buzzing was a bee inside your skull, and the bee was looking for a way out. maybe by imagining you opening a tiny door in your forehead the bee could fly away.

idk i'm not licensed hypnotherapist but thats kinda how this shit works.

but its based on the same principles of meditation and quieting the conscious mind and accessing the subconscious.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #15
SID
I see you dawg

Pain management or rather pain conversion is something i'm learned of.

I learned how to turn pain into pleasure, not in a sado masicosistic kind of way lol.

"but its based on the same principles of meditation and quieting the conscious mind and accessing the subconscious. "

That is exactly why the suppression of thought is a fundamental of meditation, try to not think of ANYTHING for 1 minuite, it's very hard isn't it.

It allows your subconcious to take it everything around it, and we all know that the subconcsious plays the bigger role in the thought process.