news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA
Default Matthew Vaughn to direct X-Men: First Class

It's been touch and go for the last week, but Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn has been confirmed to helm X-Men: First Class, 20th Century Fox's prequel to the lucrative franchise based on the Marvel Comics super-team. Not only have they signed Vaughn, directing his third movie in a row based on comic material, but Fox is confident enough in his abilities to set a release date for June 3, 2011, a little less than 13 months from today.

Basing the movie around a concept by Bryan Singer, director of the first two movies who had already committed to direct Jack the Giant Killer, Fox hired the writing team behind Marvel Studios' Thor, Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, to do a few rewrites on the script with plans to start making the movie this summer. Singer will co-produce along with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg. So far, no cast has been announced including whether Patrick Stewart will return as Professor Charles Xavier or whether Hugh Jackman will reprise his role as Wolverine.

The new release date puts the movie in competition against DreamWorks Animation's sequel Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom and opening two weeks before Warner Bros.' Green Lantern.

20th Century Fox has provided ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype with this description of the movie:

"X-Men: First Class, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...and-a-director

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If this was a rebooted series I would be much more excited since Vaughn is a solid director and he would definately stay faithfull to the source material, but since this is a prequel to Bryan Singer's x-men I remain indifferent. X3 ruined this franchise and I have no interest in a story that doesn't push the saga forward.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Bodega Pop Tartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Bodega Pop Tartz

yeah wtf was x3 about?
Bodega Pop Tartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms

it would fucking fail so bad if it picked up where x3 left off. since xavier and jean died. it would make no sense.

since the first time they did first class started with the original 5. no wolverine in this.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

x-men without wolverine will probably fail...this seems so unnecessary.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Xavier isnt dead, his mind is just in another body at the end of X3
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

body wise