news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the most gifted lyricly ??
AZ 10 9.71%
Canibus 21 20.39%
DMX 3 2.91%
Eminem 28 27.18%
Ghost Face Killah 37 35.92%
Ill Bill 7 6.80%
Immortal Technique 10 9.71%
Jay Z 11 10.68%
Kayne 6 5.83%
Killah Priest 19 18.45%
Lil Wayne 2 1.94%
MF Doom 22 21.36%
One Be Lo 8 7.77%
P.O.S. 1 0.97%
R.A. the Rugged Man 14 13.59%
Royce da 5`9" 8 7.77%
Sean Price 13 12.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 AM   #91
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
any of you that thinks that this decade isnt gonna be seen as anything else but jay-z's reign 10-20 years from now is a fucking moron!!
Agreed. The fact that Canibus (what?!), Killah Priest (??!), and R.A. The Rugged Man (WHAT?!?!?!) has more votes than Jay-Z shows how little these people actually know about hip hop. But, then again, what does this thread matter anyway?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:36 PM   #92
Sunz of Man
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Sunz of Man crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Agreed. The fact that Canibus (what?!), Killah Priest (??!), and R.A. The Rugged Man (WHAT?!?!?!) has more votes than Jay-Z shows how little these people actually know about hip hop. But, then again, what does this thread matter anyway?
Well the poll asks who is the most gifted lyrically, and i'll take any of the 3 you listed above over Jay-Z lyrically.
Sunz of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #93
Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunz of Man View Post
Well the poll asks who is the most gifted lyrically, and i'll take any of the 3 you listed above over Jay-Z lyrically.
Which proves you know little about hip hop.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #94
Sunz of Man
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Quote:
Which proves you know little about hip hop.
Hahaha, whatever man. Music is all opinion, who are you to say Jay is doper than KP??? And for the record, I'll agree Jay had a bigger impact on the decade, but again i'll take KP/Canibus/RA > Jay lyrically.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #95
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

id say Ghostface, Ill Bill & MF Doom are the biggest contenders
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 PM   #96
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunz of Man View Post
Hahaha, whatever man. Music is all opinion, who are you to say Jay is doper than KP??? And for the record, I'll agree Jay had a bigger impact on the decade, but again i'll take KP/Canibus/RA > Jay lyrically.
look the thread isnt "who's lyrically better" the thread is about who owned this decade.

now, can you honsetly say killah priest or canibus owned this decade like jay?

why even bother explaining this shit...

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #97
Sunz of Man
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Quote:
look the thread isnt "who's lyrically better" the thread is about who owned this decade.

now, can you honsetly say killah priest or canibus owned this decade like jay?

the thread isn't who's lyrically better, but the poll is. and second, did you even read my post?? in my post i said i'll admit KP/Canibus/RA didn't have the impact on the decade that jay did, but that lyrically I would take them all over him
Old 08-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #98
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

i knew it!

Old 09-01-2010, 01:20 AM   #99
Inspektah Meth-Tical

Jay-Z is the most overrated rapper of all time. The media is all over his dick. He put up a 'retirement' concert to gain publicity and get record sales. He got killed by Eminem on his own track, Nas left him speechless with 'Ether'. His lyricist aren't even that smart, he wouldn't even make my top 10 of 2000.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #100
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektah Meth-Tical View Post
His lyricist aren't even that smart

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #101
cap
THE ILL ONE

^^^ whahahahahah

Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #102
Tommy

Let the nerds hate whilst they say to themselves, "Damn, RA and Canibus are KILLING the game lyrically this decade!".
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #103
Sunz of Man
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Quote:
Let the nerds hate whilst they say to themselves, "Damn, RA and Canibus are KILLING the game lyrically this decade!".
^ show me where i was hating.... i even said jay had a bigger impact on the decade..
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #104
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

hahah you must be high. you saying this shows how little you know music. "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ever heard that ? think about it for a little bit, but then again a closed minded individual like yourself that can see that bus and r-a are fuckin ill with the mic, so how could you change your TRAIN of thought now.

live and let live, vote and then explain your reasoning - dont come in here and pretend you have some statistic that says jay-z is better on the mic than another man. sure jay-z killed in in the business aspect but lyricly - i would say he is the second worst on that list.

and i bet im not the only one on this site who thinks that.

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 AM   #105
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektah Meth-Tical View Post
where is GZA's Liquid Swords? and 36 Chambers

1. Illmatic
2. 36 Chamber
3. Liquid Swords
solo lp's - enter the wu-tang is not a solo lp. *nods*

gza doesnt realy fit the gangster rep that the rest have, and illmatic is up there.

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote