news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground > Technical Support

Old 10-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default WIN 7- Processor causing computer to crash? (screen freeze when CPU at 100% on meter)

so lately my computer has been freezing on me after about 15 mins of use

i noticed that my meter readings on the CPU and RAM have been higher than usual lately.

the CPU goes up to 90% and back to 40 - 50% then up to 95% - 100% randomly when im doing minial tasks like typing in this text box for example

i have tried closing all major processes and only leaving the browser open.

still freezes.

i noticed that when it freezes the CPU meter reading is at 100%

any thoughts about what can be casuing this?

CPU overheating due to dust and stifled ventilation is what i am thinking the problem is

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it just crashed again, this time it was at 96%

Old 10-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

bump

so ive been using my PC for about 2 hours now with itunes playing and ive been on the internet a little. it hasnt crashed yet

and im using IE (usually use chrome) and my CPU meter is looking really good - going back and forth from 5% - 8%

Old 10-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

I know Win7 uses a lot of the processor but that is far too high, do you have any programs running in the background?
Old 10-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

no i have been closing all other processes as soon as i boot to make sure i allocate enough of the processor to my internet browser or music (havent been playing music while i browse like i use to)

Old 10-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

See if this helps

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...3-6d305695fce0