news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 09-29-2005, 08:38 PM   #31
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta
Default Re: Thoughts on the Confederate flag?

moved to KTL, so less knobs will post in it.

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:16 PM   #32
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

The best-known of all Confederate flags—the battle flag—is often erroneously confused with the national flag of the Confederacy. The battle flag features the cross of St. Andrew (the apostle was martyred by being crucified on an X-shaped cross), and is commonly called the "Southern Cross." A large degree of the Southern population was of Scottish and Scotch-Irish ancestry, and thus familiar with St. Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland. The stars represented the eleven states actually in the Confederacy, plus Kentucky and Missouri. This flag is the flap popularly associated with Robert E. Lee, and is the flag under which he fought.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/Confederate_Flag.htm

**Addition**
Any one who reps it reps the same thing, regardless of the intentions. It's the same as wearing a cross with "Jesus" on it. You can wear it and say, "Well I'm not a christian, I just like the way it looks." Regardless you're repping christianity. Same thing applies to this flag. Personally I rep this flag:

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:44 AM   #33
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

A lot of post in here justify the flag as a symbol of Southern pride. I've lived in Texas basically my whole life and I see the flag as racist shit. I would ask them to define what southern pride actually is. I'm down for BBQ's with smoked-out brisket and beer. People here don't seem as high-strung as other places seem to make people and a lot of people from out of state always talkin about how nice people in general are here. That's cool to me, but rockin a fuckin flag for it? I say fuck that, to me it only represents small-minded ingnorance and that isn't cool no matter where you're from.
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:38 AM   #34
M.I.C Diesel

M.I.C Diesel grasshopper

A flags history : (origin, & creation/r), are more important than the material it's printed on.. If you gonna rep' something, you should educate yourself on what/who/where/how you are reppin' it, including what angle, which way, how high that it is portrayed in many cases.. Some flags change with time, so it is also worth looking at any alterations made, & which flag of whatever time that you rep..
A flag is deep to many people, whereas some people will just fly anything anywhere, without knowing what impression it may paint for anyone else..
''.......Unknowingly imprisoned, in uniforms crafted precision, 1 dub Gov' for short, master planned in covert courts, project poor, prepare for wipeout, ironically wiped out & carked in cauc white outs, the fights out, Phoenix flames to pour the light out, the sun will eventually burn out, A giant urn, with pearled gates, waiting to break, How long can it take? Our destruction is fate.......''
( Con[S]cience ) 2005... www.myspace.com/therockerybtown
www.zoobabees.com
P E A C E
M.I.C Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:37 PM   #35
brahma
Banned

brahma grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36chambers
moved to KTL, so less knobs will post in it.
lol u ridin on a mighty horse huh
brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #36
PJ FlemFlam
Superb

PJ FlemFlam grasshopper

Ev'ry state got there own flag,I know about the south especially the heart of dixie,for the ones who stay in the states,That shit was to spook the ones who didn't want ta get it right,refer'n to my black folkz,I know plenty of history especially when dem folkz over seas was at each other necks fo' zhit they didn't even think was wrong,they peepz in england got history too,they been doing zhit fo years,so as the folkz in da south,
All i'm say'n though the flag was meant for representation of the whole got dam south but look trouble don't last alwayz,the north won but even still muthafukaz in da north far as the immigrants thought they had it made even till this day they families think they got it made,but you got ta look at it,The man who owns this country let them do know more than what he'll let'em,so for any group over here think'n it'z all good,zhid all walks of life have been through sumthin one way or another PEACE
PJ FlemFlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:16 PM   #37
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ FlemFlam
Ev'ry state got there own flag,I know about the south especially the heart of dixie,for the ones who stay in the states,That shit was to spook the ones who didn't want ta get it right,refer'n to my black folkz,I know plenty of history especially when dem folkz over seas was at each other necks fo' zhit they didn't even think was wrong,they peepz in england got history too,they been doing zhit fo years,so as the folkz in da south,
All i'm say'n though the flag was meant for representation of the whole got dam south but look trouble don't last alwayz,the north won but even still muthafukaz in da north far as the immigrants thought they had it made even till this day they families think they got it made,but you got ta look at it,The man who owns this country let them do know more than what he'll let'em,so for any group over here think'n it'z all good,zhid all walks of life have been through sumthin one way or another PEACE
huh?
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #38
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster
i know the confederate flag may seem racist or whatever but listen to this...when i lived in a small town in PA some dude who lived right across the street had a BIG OL flag on his truck...and a mullet. i thought this dude was a racist but my dad...who is black...would drink beer and smoke weed with him...he was my dads friend and wasnt a racist because he wouldnt have even talked to my dad if that was the case...but anyways he rocked the flag cause of his HERITAGE it wasnt because the flag means "hang blacks" its heritage its southern blood and alot of people are proud of those type of things...hell ive even seen black people rock this flag...i say let them rock the flag in peace as long as they dont use it in the wrong manner
How do you think a new initiate is converted ?

drink beer with your enemy smoke weed with your enemy

its the art of War

and people talk about the north like if racism doesn't exist there

whats the difference between the conferderate flag and the Usa national ?

southern pride ?

what they proud of ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #39
Popa Chief
I Judge Wisely

Popa Chief grasshopper

All dat + da fact dat the Confederacy has been politically dead for 150 years.
Popa Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:48 AM   #40
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

I've never understood the flag, doesn't make any sense to me as to why southerners hold on to it so hard. I've never seen a worse bunch of sore losers in my life. All in all though it's who you are dealing with and what the flag means to them. Does that mean that I accept it? No, cause almost all i've ever seen are negative thinkers who use it to represent their hate and I don't condone that. But at the same time there are the few who actually rep it cause that's how they grew up and don't have any suor feelings towards any race. And there are those who don't know anything about it at all. I have some friends who moved here to FL from Detroit that had no idea what the flag was until my friend and I told them. They bought it cause they thought it was a cool design. They don't teach that shit up there, hell I didn't even know what the flag was until I moved here from Texas, they didn't teach that shit in that part either. But if it wasn't for the fact that I met them before I knew they had that flag I probably wouldn't have even associated myself with them, so in fact I was being just as close minded as most of the folks out there who do rep it. All I can say is be openminded but at the same time cautious.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #41
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

What exactly are the scrubs implying when they say the south will rise again? I've seen that on bumper stickers and shirts and stuff.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:46 PM   #42
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

they are saying that they want their old america back

the north just figured out a way to make the whole world slaves and the south didn't understand

what flag is this

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #43
netscape check two
N.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
How am I a troll and what's a troll?
Old 07-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #44
knewcheeze
No Father to my stench

knewcheeze drunken mastaknewcheeze drunken masta
Default fffffffff

this is knowcheeze....mah account was hacked again...om flattered that mah net stalkers can't battle self on even ground....just an indication of how powerfull eye am...

om wondering why someone would get offended by the confederate flag and not get offended by the amerikkkan flag?

the truth is...the Union winning the civil war was the END of Rich Afrikan slaveholders living in the south.....the begginning of the end was when dat mulatto Jefferson bought all that land from the French...people don't know that as much as a skunky devil Napoleon and the French was....they allowed Rich Afrikan slavemasters to live in peace in the south....

Once T. Jeff bought that land....the rich Afrikan slavemaster dudes started to get pushed out of that land by that new influx of dirty filthy bottom of the totem pole you-rope-ians

knewcheeze is offline   Reply With Quote