news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 07-29-2009, 04:02 AM   #16
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

To me it just sounds like a way of backing out of what you said. It's a polite way to ignore the facts. If someone is accused of being racist and says that it just shows that they know they fucked up and they're trying to cover the facts. Simple as that.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #17
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

It means that they don't feel like they have the power to oppress therefore favor one group and therefore be racist. It is the idea that racism is not just feelings towards people of a different 'race', but rather the whole system of oppression that is based on the idea that one 'race' is somehow 'better' than any other one. By saying 'i don't have the power to be racist' you are saying that your 'race' doesn't have the ability to turn those delusions of superiority into actions.

IMO The thoughts alone make a person racist, and anyone can be one.

Last edited by Compulsion; 07-29-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #18
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

My problem with the topic is how do we go about defining 'power'?

Given the subjectivity associated with defining this term, there is bound to be a substantial grey area in which it is difficult to separate racist and non-racist actions.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:19 AM   #19
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
My problem with the topic is how do we go about defining 'power'?

Given the subjectivity associated with defining this term, there is bound to be a substantial grey area in which it is difficult to separate racist and non-racist actions.
True...and that is why it is a matter of opinion rather than fact.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #20
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compulsion View Post
True...and that is why it is a matter of opinion rather than fact.

Of course.

I'd be interested to know how Food For Thought (aka Colorado's Finest) would define 'power'.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #21
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

Of course.

I'd be interested to know how Food For Thought (aka Colorado's Finest) would define 'power'.
My answer was from posts on this site in regards to what power is defined as.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

power .....

long story short

controlling a group of peoples food and water supply - thats enough power right there to gain power over every other thing in that groups life

only wicked people abuse their power to govern another people -

a righteous people if given power to govern their former oppressors, would not abuse their former oppressors - they would not mistreat them in any way -

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 07-29-2009 at 10:56 AM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #23
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compulsion View Post
It means that they don't feel like they have the power to oppress therefore favor one group and therefore be racist. It is the idea that racism is not just feelings towards people of a different 'race', but rather the whole system of oppression that is based on the idea that one 'race' is somehow 'better' than any other one. By saying 'i don't have the power to be racist' you are saying that your 'race' doesn't have the ability to turn those delusions of superiority into actions.
good way to articulate it.

peace

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #24
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
power .....

long story short

controlling a group of peoples food and water supply - thats enough power right there to gain power over every other thing in that groups life

only wicked people abuse their power to govern another people -

a righteous people if given power to govern their former oppressors, would not abuse their former oppressors - they would not mistreat them in any way -
word.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #25
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

bump

Old 11-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #26
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

For example, Bush can't hate black people. He didn't have the authority to be racist.

But Kanyevel apologized.

I can't be racist because I don't believe in race. When I say something about a group I'm talking about people who conform to a stereotype. Like if I said "Jews control the media" I'd be talking about the Jews who control the media, not Jews in general. If I said Niggers are stupid I'd be talking about stupid niggers not black people. If I said Asian pussy go crosswise I'd be talking about those oriental women with horizontal vaginas.

It's not racist, its just real talk.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #27
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
For example, Bush can't hate black people. He didn't have the authority to be racist.

But Kanyevel apologized.

I can't be racist because I don't believe in race. When I say something about a group I'm talking about people who conform to a stereotype. Like if I said "Jews control the media" I'd be talking about the Jews who control the media, not Jews in general. If I said Niggers are stupid I'd be talking about stupid niggers not black people. If I said Asian pussy go crosswise I'd be talking about those oriental women with horizontal vaginas.

It's not racist, its just real talk.
truth - so when i say that caucasians leave a trail of death and destruction everywhere they go on this earth, it's not racist - just truth

it's not that all caucasians are able to be apart of the killing sprees of everything natural - it's just that overall they have a reputation for destroying everything that the natives of the earth established

THEN....

if i say that all the natives of the earth should get together and do something to stop these beast from killing us, permanently, than i'd be called a racist by the people who are benefiting from the killing spree - but i wouldn't give a fuck - at all

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 11-30-2010 at 07:34 AM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #28
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

Or something...

I guess its like when a black person calls someone a white devil he's not implying that all whites are bad people or that blacks can't be devils. Although I find the term childish because people miss the point because its not a literal devil but someone acting immorally. For the sake of PC you should say "Diabolic Caucasian Menace."

And I recognize that whites brought the pain train harder and faster then anyone else. The man of the west is motivated by two main things: Looting and Exploring. We're naturally going to seek out the ends of the earth in order to steal shit and take it home. Thus colonialism. But we'd been practicing forever. The Greek heroes of the Epics, the Norse heroes of the Sagas, the Medieval heroes of the Crusades, the Swashbucklers, the Bandits, Outlaws, Gunslingers, and the Marines skulking through the swamps of Vietnam; what do they have in common?

They're Pirates. That's what we do. Join the Army, Visit exotic places, meet interesting people, and kill them. Then cram whatever you can back onto the ship and make your escape before they shoot you.

Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 11-30-2010 at 04:23 PM.
TheBoarzHeadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #29
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post

And I recognize that whites brought the pain train harder and faster then anyone else.

it's not that they are physically and mentally faster and stronger,that white superiority shit is a joke - what they did better than everyone else was Lie with a smile - the guns and bombs were made to cover down on their lack of strength
Old 12-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #30
John Prewett

John Prewett grasshopper

But the LORD said to Samuel,
"Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature,
because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees,

for man looks at the outward appearance,

but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Sam 16:7

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Rom 3:23
John Prewett is offline   Reply With Quote