news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 09-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #766
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #767
DirtMcgehrk
Platinum Chupa Chup

DirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to DirtMcgehrk

Just read this article. Makes me want to move to Pittsburgh. Sounds like an excellent hockey town where the fans support the team and the team supports the fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...timatehomegame

Also, this confirms that Mario Lemieux is a business genius as well as a great hockey player. He pretty much single-handedly rebuilt the Pens since he bought them in '99. It's amazing that a team that used to be on the verge of bankruptcy can forgo over a million dollars in ticket sales to give back to the fans and support the community.

DirtMcgehrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #768
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, the penguins are a great organization. for select home games every year, the pens use all there single game tickets and sell them to college students for $20. you just need a college ID.

and that's not because they can't sell the tickets. like the article said, the pens have sold out over 160 games in a row. the cheapest single game seat is probably $40 or so, and students can buy up any remaining seat for $20. that includes the $100+ tickets that weren't bought up by season ticket holders.

and for those games where the students are waiting in line for tickets, the penguins players show up with free pizza and personally deliver it to the college students themselves.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #769
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

I'm at the first ever Penguin game at the new Consol Energy Center, albeit an exhibition game.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #770
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
yeah, the penguins are a great organization. for select home games every year, the pens use all there single game tickets and sell them to college students for $20. you just need a college ID.

and that's not because they can't sell the tickets. like the article said, the pens have sold out over 160 games in a row. the cheapest single game seat is probably $40 or so, and students can buy up any remaining seat for $20. that includes the $100+ tickets that weren't bought up by season ticket holders.

and for those games where the students are waiting in line for tickets, the penguins players show up with free pizza and personally deliver it to the college students themselves.
thats awesome and that would never happen in any other sport.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #771
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

So are you saying that hockey treats their fans better than any other sport or are you bragging that the sports you like can treat their fans like shit?

Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #772
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I heard they also offer discount mullet cuts at the arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
How am I a troll and what's a troll?
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #773
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

headed to the Pens/Habs game. hopefully i see the first ever win at the Consol Energy Center tonight.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 AM   #774
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

so hockey started, huh?

King Tron 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #775
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Just scored some tickets to the Winter Classic at Heinz Field. Cost me $300 apiece.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:25 AM   #776
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Old 12-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #777
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol @ Toronto fans throwing waffles at the players on the ice. Even the green men in Vancouver were making fun of them.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #778
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

bruins have no scoring again this season..
i expect another epic colapse for them if they make the playoffs

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #779
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
lol @ Toronto fans throwing waffles at the players on the ice. Even the green men in Vancouver were making fun of them.

lmao. as much as you try to pretend not to see that, there is no denying you see that if you're in the penalty box

Old 12-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #780
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Winter Classic moved to 8pm tomorrow night. sweet, i can't get fucked up at the Wu concert tonight.