news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 12-27-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX
Default Being Judgemental

Being judgemental can be a good exercise for people.

It allows a person to describe trends that they do or do not want to be associated with.

ie.
This is good.
That is bad.

It allows a person to separate themselves from the world they are living in for a moment, and pass commentary on a particular element.

A lot of people object to being judged by others. Especially other people.

"Who are you to judge?"

Well, that's a good question.

Nobody is anybody to judge, but people judge anyway.

It is a thing people do.

The judgements of man - even those that take place in a court of law - really have little effect when viewed on a universal scale.

What they represent is a attempt by man to understand his environment and his place in the universe.

At this point, it seems clear that man has forgotten this, and is under the false assumption that his judgements are important and will have some long-lasting implication.

This isnt to say that man should stop passing judgement - but rather, it is a encouragement for man to understand what man's judgements are, and where they fit into the grand scheme of things.

If you read LHX calling so-and-so a idiot, and saying that somebody's posts are ridiculous and full of nonsense - it is really quite meaningless. All it really means is that LHX identifies something as a bad trait or a bad quality that will eventually lead somebody into a difficult situation. Or it means, perhaps, that LHX had that quality in the past and paid for it.

What it doesnt necessarily mean is that LHX is right, or that anybody should listen to him without taking a look at the situation themselves.

A judgement made with a detailed explanation can be useful as a starting point for discussion, but ultimately, all these words that we type and read are nothing more than symbols of the process of man trying to identify self, learn about self, and understand his own limitations.

So keep judging.

Keep criticizing, dissecting, and analyzing.

Just do it respectfully, and understand where it is you stand exactly in the larger scheme of things.

Just how important can your words be?

Old 12-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

"Only God can judge me!!!"

"Let us create man in our image."

"Judge not less he be judged."

I am God/Mankind - therefore I can judge what is right and what is wrong on a Universal scale respectfully.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #3
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

you mean

the capability to do that is within you

yes
this is true

the capability is there
and there is reason to suggest that we all get it right eventually

(when a person 'makes poor judgements', that person eventually suffers and is injured until they learn from the poor judgement --- refinement is a beautiful thing)
Old 12-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #4
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Do you think at some point theres a seperation between judging the action or idea from the person that did or thought it?

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

best LHX post in a while..

ill say more later maybe, im mad tired..

Quote:
A judgement made with a detailed explanation can be useful as a starting point for discussion, but ultimately, all these words that we type and read are nothing more than symbols of the process of man trying to identify self, learn about self, and understand his own limitations.
JUDGE-MENTAL
breakin down the word itself seems to make ur point..

i think its important that ppl sort of sharpen their knowledge and thus enhance their "judging" abilities whenever possible....

i say that because i think the judgments i used to make maybe 3 years or so ago are much diff than the judgments i might make today...cuz i know a lil more and i see things a little differently..
Old 12-28-2006, 04:21 AM   #6
_BaLaNcE_
SLIMEY SAVAGE

_BaLaNcE_ Imbecile
Send a message via MSN to _BaLaNcE_

cultivation trough time..thnx 4 the post
Old 08-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

when the judgment is made.......after a good gathering of info/angles
Old 12-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

up
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #9
3rd3y3
SLIMEY SAVAGE

3rd3y3 shaolin monk

Judgements could be viewed as power plays - an attempt to put somebody 'in there place'. It could be an attempt to socially isolate/demote somebody by letting them know their views/ways/actions are not looked at kindly or to let them know their ways and actions are to be followed.
3rd3y3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

i think people should mind their business and eat their eggs and stuff

until someone gets in the way of them eating their eggs

i got no time to beef with you about how you eat your eggs

i'm just here eating mines

you go over there and eat yours

i'll boil some more in the morning

you'll boil some more tonight

we'll smile, the smell will go away, then we'll watch tv
Old 12-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #11
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

dude i got to disagree with you

judging people leads to discrimination thats what Christians do
they say things like only god can pass judgment but that right there is a judgment

instead of doing that, why not take the effort to understand why people do what the do
you know broaden your horizons instead of closing yourself in your own little world
Dokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
billyanalogue

f
fu
fuc
fuck
fuck-
fuck-o
fuck-off
fuck-off
ffuck-of
fffuck-o
offfuck-
-offfuck

* Nuclear Fire v 1.0
Old 12-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Cypher View Post
dude i got to disagree with you

what is it that you disagree with - the egg eating part ?

Quote:
judging people leads to discrimination thats what Christians do
that's what everyone does - i was saying that we should all mind our business - sometimes judging others is your business - when you go into a restaurant, if the cook got boils up and down his arms, you pass judgment and discriminate and get out of there onto another place where the cook got pretty and clean arms with no hair on them

Quote:
they say things like only god can pass judgment but that right there is a judgment

how ?

Quote:
instead of doing that, why not take the effort to understand why people do what the do
you know broaden your horizons instead of closing yourself in your own little world

people need to try to understand why they themselves do what they do - when they do this, the reasons why others do what they do is clearer - we are programmed to react to what others do as opposed to thinking about why they do what they do and having compassion for those who you feel may be weaker
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #14
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
what is it that you disagree with - the egg eating part ?

that's what everyone does - i was saying that we should all mind our business - sometimes judging others is your business - when you go into a restaurant, if the cook got boils up and down his arms, you pass judgment and discriminate and get out of there onto another place where the cook got pretty and clean arms with no hair on them

how ?

people need to try to understand why they themselves do what they do - when they do this, the reasons why others do what they do is clearer - we are programmed to react to what others do as opposed to thinking about why they do what they do and having compassion for those who you feel may be weaker

sunny if i was talking to you i would have quoted you
Old 12-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #15
Dokuro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS
I agree

but i can still answer your how

by them saying only god can pass judgment they are only saying that i disapprove of my actions and your opinions implicitly

and uses god to justify there passage of the judgment

Last edited by Dokuro; 12-30-2010 at 10:38 AM.