news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: Raekwon's best solo effort aside from OB4CL
Immobilarity 13 18.84%
The Lex Diamond Story 3 4.35%
OB4CLII 53 76.81%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 AM   #31
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
I can't wait to hear what you have to say next. What? The drums aren't hard enough on New Wu? Pyrex Vision is too long? J Dilla wasn't a good producer?
Raekwon, can't rhyme or flow.

I don't know how wu fans can actually find listening to someone 'not rhyme' off beat enjoyable...

The beats on CL2 are fine, where have i said any different?

The featured mc's are generally pretty good also.

The singers are shitty, but that's a given.

Rae is the problem.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:45 AM   #32
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Shut up and eat Brock.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #33
Longbongcilvaringz

Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 AM   #34
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman. View Post
Raekwon, can't rhyme or flow.

I don't know how wu fans can actually find listening to someone 'not rhyme' off beat enjoyable...

The beats on CL2 are fine, where have i said any different?

The featured mc's are generally pretty good also.

The singers are shitty, but that's a given.

Rae is the problem.
If you want every line to rhyme, perhaps you should just read doctor Seuss and shut the fuck up.

Not every emcee chooses to be technically proficient in the rhyming area.

If you don't believe me, go to the temple of the darts section and read any one of Sheepish lord of Chaos' ten thousand threads. You'd be lucky to find two lines that rhyme in the whole thing.

All emcees in the Clan are unique in their own ways, and in the past I would have agreed with you that Rae may not be the best emcee or even close, and to be honest, he still isn't, but that doesn't mean he didn't come correct on Cuban Linx 2 or lately for that matter.

I don't know what your problem is with CL2, and quite honestly, I don't care. Hip hop, amongst many other things, is not your forte.

I'm just worried that somebody's gonna come along and actually take your ranting seriously, when you listened to the album all of what, two times?

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #35
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LOL How did I know some clown would vote for Lex Diamond

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 AM   #36
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

I have to go with OB4CL2. For me it has pretty much become a personal classic. The album is really well put together imo, as well as it having ridiculous replay value.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 AM   #37
Longbongcilvaringz

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
If you want every line to rhyme, perhaps you should just read doctor Seuss and shut the fuck up.

Not every emcee chooses to be technically proficient in the rhyming area.

If you don't believe me, go to the temple of the darts section and read any one of Sheepish lord of Chaos' ten thousand threads. You'd be lucky to find two lines that rhyme in the whole thing.

All emcees in the Clan are unique in their own ways, and in the past I would have agreed with you that Rae may not be the best emcee or even close, and to be honest, he still isn't, but that doesn't mean he didn't come correct on Cuban Linx 2 or lately for that matter.

I don't know what your problem is with CL2, and quite honestly, I don't care. Hip hop, amongst many other things, is not your forte.

I'm just worried that somebody's gonna come along and actually take your ranting seriously, when you listened to the album all of what, two times?
Brock, i already suggested Rae go back and read Suess in the other thread!

We're on the same wavelength here.

You do care what my problem is with CL2, you care a lot because you wrote thousands of words on here about it. And you value my opinion, a lot.

If you want (because i know you do care) i can post a screen shot of how many times i've listen to the original and CL2.

About 10 times each this year, which for you fan boys probably isn't a lot, but i do have other shit to listen to.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #38
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Why are you listening to something you don't like 10 times a year after it came out? Are you into sado-massochism? I dunno, but after all your ranting, that sounded a bit suspicious to me.

Oh, and please don't post a screenshot unless you are jerking off while listening to Cuban Linx 2 with a stick of beef jerky up your ass, in which case, you won't need a screenshot, just use your cellphone and snap. If you need help doing this, call Ironman. It's been a pleasure, Master Bateman.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #39
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

i went with CL II, and Immobilarity has alot of hot tracks, rae was at his pinnacle rhyming, but too many good joints on CL II, Ik rae aint the same lyricist as on immob.....but the beats and his slang is still there....just a slight loss in energy from rae....tracks like Ason Jones, broken safety, have mercy, 10 bricks, flying daggers, sonnys missing, cold outside, black mozart, new wu, kiss the ring....are all straight bangers.....only problem with CL II is it seemed a little 2 long.....very good album tho....and IMO his 2nd best as a COMPLETE ALBUM
Old 01-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #40
trickal
mad P

trickal drunken mastatrickal drunken masta

Quote:

this is my shit, hands down

trickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #41
JEM
Wu-Veteran

JEM drunken mastaJEM drunken masta

Quote:
Price almighty, these result are an embarrassment for this forum, and reflect where most fans are at these days.

Listen to Yae Yo, Casablanca, 100 Rounds, Real Life, Live from NY, My Favorite Dred, Friday, The Table or Sneakers.... and go ahead and try and pretend that anything off CL2 even touches those tracks.

Rae dominates Immobiliarity instead of bumbling like a semi-senile senior citizen.

Come on, you have to be joking even comparing a track like this to anything off CL2.

"God had blood on his sweat pants, the way the tek dance on a nigga face, son ain't have a chance".

CL2? Give me a fucking break.
Raekwon: respect my dentures nigga
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #42
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I agree that Rae is the wrong emcee for that Surgical Gloves beat. Actually, he would've murdered that in the Immobilarity era.

But CL2 do have some really nice songs, and some of Rae's famous lyricism strike here too. But he was a better emcee on Immobilarity, we can all agree about that. Just that, the end of that album kinda sucks.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #43
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

so who's using batemen's account? TSA or lace?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #44
WallyG
CHICKEN HEAD

WallyG grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
Y'all forgot about this.

Actually I never realized that album dropped. But like Ghostface's 718 Theodore clique album, this is Rae's Ice Water's clique album and not a solo effort. But how's Rae's flow on that album btw? I mean, look at him on the track from the Black and White soundtrack "Wake Up", he flowed over that nice beat. On It's Not A Game, he was ill. Even on Lex Diamond Story, he flowed and production was good for most part of the album. Immobilarity was on some other shit, but I can tolerate it. But on OB4CLII, I dunno, I couldn't really digest any of the tracks on there, minus Catalina (and that was the only single I purchased from iTunes). I downloaded it and gave it a good listen and wasn't feeling it much. Even a good friend of mine, who is a Wu fan regretted even buying that album.

But anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing more of Raekwon from his upcoming album. That single that he just released was on some '93 - '97 shit. It be interesting to see how that album flows.
WallyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #45
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
bateman is a faggot, I've realized. don't take anything he says seriously
Him and a few other members of this forum are gimmick posters. They've created a character that they use when they post about anything.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote