news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth

Old 10-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #31
picturebloodbaths

picturebloodbaths shaolin monk
Default Re: Help with a begginer producer please

Umm, can I get a serious answer?
picturebloodbaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:46 PM   #32
picturebloodbaths

picturebloodbaths shaolin monk

?
picturebloodbaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #33
Hz Deep
Deeper Designz

Hz Deep grasshopper

It's so subjective, your always gonna get a lot of contradictory answers to a question like that, for instance I'd say go get Logic Pro, Reason, Recycle and Live 5, but then thats 'cos in my experience thats what I like working with, but then if your gonna be recording a lot of stuff, I'd say you need Pro Tools too 'cos I always kick Logic into touch when I have any serious recording and editing to do, but then all these are gonna make a fairly substantial hole in your pocket whatever.
So the best advice I can give is get that mag I mentioned with free software covering pretty much every software type of recording and composition you will come across, it's fully capable of providing good results, won't cost you a penny (aside from the cost of the magazine) and then when you read about any premium software your looking at buying you can make a decision based on the principles you will have already learnt using the free stuff, if you go buying some relatively expensive bit of software right out, you could end up feeling even worse off 'cos just say you don't get on with it, you'll have no money and a peice of kit you can't make shit with.

Alternatively go download any demo's you can find and see if you click with a certain program, and maybe get down to your local music store and have a go on an MPC if your thinking of going the hardware route, maybe even a Yamaha RM1X if your looking hardware, but cheaper, but remember the sales guy's will have some killer spiel to suck you in and get you to part with that cash, so stay strong, if you like sumthin' go away and think it over for a bit and get some more opinions.
Pz.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:45 AM   #34
$inista
TRIBU MILITIA

$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Thumbs up Re: Help with a begginer producer please

I got da mpc 1000 sitting looking pretty, i need a fuckin tutor or sumthen da sales dude seen me cominig a mile away, i dont want 2 sell it just yet cause i dont want 2 loose out, if i learn how 2 work da dam thing i won't feel so bad, i used to fuck with acid long time ago b4 sony bought em, I fuck wit ccomputers 4 a living so software I pick up pretty easy, i got pro tools & m-audio firewire 410 which is basiclly a sound card with perks.... kickass it also came with live lite 4 & da demo for 5 aint fuck with it yet just pro tools, I really need somthing 4 beats & I have been looking at Reason 4 a minute thnx 4 your advice got to get my hands on some demos, seen some mags you was talkin bout too 15$ steep 4 a mag

$inista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:10 AM   #35
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

considering what you're looking at spending to get a real set-up to make beats, $15 ain't shit. Knowledge is priceless. btw I fuck around on Reason and think its a real nice program, the only limitation that it has is no live recording so you'll need another program to rewire it with to record any vocals onto a track. But the program is real user-friendly and when it comes to midi, really doesn't have any limitations.peace
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:07 PM   #36
js1

js1 grasshopper

what is the basic difference between fruity loops 3 and fruity loops 5. cuz fruity loops 3 sounds to fuckin techno. does fruity loops 5 sound like to?
js1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #37
js1

js1 grasshopper

what is the basic difference between fruity loops 3 and FL 5. cuz FL 3 sounds to fuckin techno. does FL 5 sound the same?
js1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #38
$inista
TRIBU MILITIA

$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Smile Re: Help with a begginer producer please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Unseen
considering what you're looking at spending to get a real set-up to make beats, $15 ain't shit. Knowledge is priceless. btw I fuck around on Reason and think its a real nice program, the only limitation that it has is no live recording so you'll need another program to rewire it with to record any vocals onto a track. But the program is real user-friendly and when it comes to midi, really doesn't have any limitations.peace
I pretty much decided on reaseon already but i still wanna get da demo version first
pro tools is good for live sound & mixxing so far i think Im ok

$inista is offline   Reply With Quote