news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #11
My First Timbs
rationalist

My First Timbs drunken mastaMy First Timbs drunken masta
Default Re: Does Geometry prove a God's Existence?

peace

Quote:
its funny how scientists are, stereotypically at least, against the idea of religion, when science really is nothing more than attempts to explain God's creation. i think the law of entropy concisely proves that there is some higher power...it states that if you put energy into something, then it will in general be better off than if you left it alone, in which case it would decay or deteriorate. much is the same with our situation...if there was no higher power, how could there be us? we are intelligent, coherent beings, and so it is impossible for us to arise from nothing...unless you consider the entity of nature to have some intellectual advantage over the human race. its like there couldnt be inventions if there were no inventors...
this is a long running weak argument for the existence of a god.

1st and foremost, entropy and the laws of thermodynamics do not accurately apply to us and our universe in the way you are simplyfying it!

basically what you are stating is that things "more time than not" , "tend" to always go from order to disorder when ever energy is put into something and it is left at rest.. THIS IS NOT TRUE AT ALL and is a major misconception people have about the laws of thermodynamics!

a simplified schoolyard example would be if i had a bottle of oil and water and shook it up (thus adding kinetic energy.. among other things).. the kinetic energy i just added causes everything o mix...,, but if i leave this bottle at rest (with a lack of energy) it with revert to a state of ORDERED EXISTENCE (oil sitting uniformly atop the water).. thus.. the bottle was a manifestation of choas going to order instead of order going to chaos

2ndly.. science doesnt try to xplain god's creation.. this is irrational first and foremost because this premise assumes the existence of a god to begin with! science is OBJECTIVE.. it simply explains what is out there and how our world works irrespective of how a person's belief system is... to be more accurate.. religion and groundless claims of a supernatural god. tend to make one contempt with ignorance....

Quote:
if there was no higher power, how could there be us? we are intelligent, coherent beings, and so it is impossible for us to arise from nothing...unless you consider the entity of nature to have some intellectual advantage over the human race. its like there couldnt be inventions if there were no inventors...
this seems to be the crux of the issue.. as i have always noticed.. all arguments against science (the majority) and all arguments for the existence of a god, rely on a question instead of presenting a valid claim. it is well known how humans arose on this planet and it does not require immediate belief in a supernatural higher power

this is also known as the weak "watchmaker" argument that was put to rest about 100 years ago. its irrational.

one cannot assume existence of a highr being simply do to perceived complexity of life. first of all, complexity is a subjective assessment. (complex compared to what?) is the homo sapien really that more complex than ecoli bacterium? no, not at all.

what makes that argument even more absurd and irrational is the fact that if complex intelligent things require a higher power to create them.. what created God?

"god" is allegedly a complex higher being, thus by ur argument and implied logic... god himslef (or herself depending on ur culture and religion) must of been created by an even more greater power......

in a nutshell.. what gives one the right to irrationally stop and the one particular concept of god they believe in... logically the chain of the "first cause" can stretch back to infiniti

so the argument of complexity arising froma higher power is irrational if its going to assume that that higher power is a god.

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target
My First Timbs is offline   Reply With Quote