news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

...is there anyone left on KTL that subscribes to an organised religion and the Judeo-Christian god???

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #17
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

just that 65 year old guy
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #18
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

Is the "illuminati" evil because they control, or is that one amongst many reasons they are evil - like seeking self-gain through enslavement? Is that what would make god "evil", control? I thought Christians viewed God as judging their free choices, thus handing over control to human kind but not the judgment of what is righteous. Ultimately that is a form of control but one they feel they can comfortably align themselves with morally, boiling down to a good vs evil thing.

Not sure how many peeps here are straight fundamentalist christians (insert mainstream religious dogma) fightin illuminati though
Old 03-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #19
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham-iLL View Post
hilarious. i see what you did there. this is not even a question. sheep, do not fall for it.
This answer will win you no brownie points.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #20
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
...is there anyone left on KTL that subscribes to an organised religion and the Judeo-Christian god???
I think that religious pluralism, something that many people who post in this subforum subscribe to, tends to indicate a selective belief in the scriptures of organised religion and an omnipotent being.

I think some of you are conveniently taking me too literally (not you of course).

Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #21
Sham-iLL
PRODIGAL SUN

Sham-iLL drunken mastaSham-iLL drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
This answer will win you no brownie points.
cool. i'm not here to look cool but i'm also not here to end up in a back and forth argument where no parties are willing to consider changing their perspectives. although you started this thread claiming to ask a serious question, the underlying and sublime intention was more of a "i'm inviting you to share your belief so i can make you look stupid and shit all over your argument." i see what you did, you set a trap, and it is a classical move to make you look innocent by disguising an attack in the form of a question. even if it were not your intention to cloak this attack, and I am really wrong... your thread title, introductory paragraph, and first post as a whole, are deceiving.
Sham-iLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:10 AM   #22
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It has a condescending and disrespectful tone.

I also agree with Sham-ill.

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:35 AM   #23
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

It definitely seems as if he is right but perhaps not
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:10 AM   #24
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
cool. i'm not here to look cool but i'm also not here to end up in a back and forth argument where no parties are willing to consider changing their perspectives. although you started this thread claiming to ask a serious question, the underlying and sublime intention was more of a "i'm inviting you to share your belief so i can make you look stupid and shit all over your argument." i see what you did, you set a trap, and it is a classical move to make you look innocent by disguising an attack in the form of a question. even if it were not your intention to cloak this attack, and I am really wrong... your thread title, introductory paragraph, and first post as a whole, are deceiving.
(\(\
( - -)
((') (')

I found out that less you believe and fear the Godly powers/powers that be, the more easy it gets for you and more you can actually do to influence your surroundings. Blessed be the atheists, for they have inherited the smarts.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 AM   #25
Sham-iLL
PRODIGAL SUN

Sham-iLL drunken mastaSham-iLL drunken masta

^to each their own.
Sham-iLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #26
Robert
1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
It has a condescending and disrespectful tone.

I also agree with Sham-ill.
It's certainly not condescending. It is not disrespectful either. The criticisms are legitimate.

If you disagree with my arguement you can contend with it. That is the point of having a debate.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #27
Robert
1%

Quote:

How is my question deceitful? Are you telling me you don't think it's legitimate?

I'm not trying to "shit on" religious people. I believe everyone is entitled to whatever religious beliefs they see fit to choose. However, they should expect criticism for those beliefs just like everyone else.

Are you implying that is unjust? That religion should be immune from critique?

If so, please enlighten me.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I cannot be civil with you. I'm not trying to get into circular arguments, I'm all too familiar with that in KTL.

You have nothing to be scared of, I just think I have a reasonable point that should be addressed.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #28
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
I dont believe in A divine being..
i am the divine being, we are all the divine beings.. more like our consciousness is the divine being.. the good has to be their with the bad., for our conscious to be able to experiance everything it desires,. for it to move on ( from this reality )
but on an individual level.. i dont even feel im here, im experiancing this reality through my human vessel,. this human body decodes everything in this reality through it senses.. all i fuck with is energy.. if i feel sick vibes.. im up for it.. if i dont .. i stay clear.. i think the most important thing ive learnt, to have a positive and fulfilling life is.. always be positive. never have negative emotions as they will just fuck you up, and make you more intune with this physical reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
im god. i harness the creative powers of the universe
You guys are such romantics.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #29
cutn' heads
mic fury

cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

how is a religious person gonna rebel against god like he would against other men? if you're religious, you probably accept that god's will just "is what it is". nothing you can do to change it so why fight it? being oppressed by god and by men aren't the same thing.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #30
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If 'god' is omnipotent then surely the 'illuminati' are included in that omnipotence..

I think its natural for people to observe the world from the starting point of, "I am right" and whatever is creating dissatisfaction is an external interference, ie; the illuminati etc..

Quote:
"First off, I presume many of you are familiar with the concept of cognitive dissonance, whereby an individual tries to reduce the discomfort caused by holding two conflicting ideas in one's head at the same time".
The downfall of conspiracy theory, is that; an outside influence is conspiring against you.. so you are automatically defensive of this threat, and looking for it so as to prove your belief, (that your being conspired against)

The trouble with the traditional scientific method would be that the observer is left out of the observation, conspiracy theory's use this approach as well. We are inescapably part of the whole.

when you really analyze

When presented with an experience one must first observe the energies surounding and filling the experience, this leads to action, when we skip the observation we go into the mind and try to define and rationalize the experience which leads to a reaction. The difference between an action and a reaction is controlled intent, and action is a controlled intention and allows you to control the experience, a reaction is uncontrolled and stems from the mind when it has little understanding of what it is experiencing.

Observation is key to understanding and understanding is key to controlling actions/reactions.

Last edited by Fatal Guillotine; 04-01-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Fatal Guillotine is offline   Reply With Quote