news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #46
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger
Default Re: Fasting

HUH ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #47
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta
Default Go

ok, best of luck to all respecting Ramadam, pray and fast well, and resist temptation.

what i was saying is that no atheist dare jump on any Muslim tradition and tell people how they believe in lies, however, were peoplet talking about a Christian tradition, i guarantee you only a couple of Christians could get good words in before an atheist would storm on their parade.

i'm making a social observation here.
________
HOTELS IN MEXICO

Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:54 AM   #48
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

thats very true

but i gurantee you if there was an IQ test given to the Muslim population in america vs. the Christian The muslims would have a higher I.Q.

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
Old 10-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #49
Golden_Armz
DA TRIBEZMAN

Golden_Armz grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish
what i was saying is that no atheist dare jump on any Muslim tradition and tell people how they believe in lies, .
Have u read any of these threads?
Golden_Armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:03 AM   #50
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

in the welfare office

they had an entire pamphlet discussing how immigrants to canada and ontario (toronto) specifically experienced a decline in their health after living here for a year

the health decline was related directly to diet

i will seek to find that pamphlet next time i am there and post it up

i found it funny
in a sad - tragically ironic sort of way
Old 10-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #51
Golden_Armz
DA TRIBEZMAN

Golden_Armz grasshopper

^Indeed, it seems these elders diets are also having an effect on their seeds, check my topic thread....Peace
Golden_Armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:57 AM   #52
Wooly Noggins
There is No We !

Wooly Noggins shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Wooly Noggins Send a message via AIM to Wooly Noggins Send a message via Yahoo to Wooly Noggins

where i stay i see 400 pound 8 year old often

the ice cream trucks drive up and down my street all day until 10 o clock in the night

"E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"
Wooly Noggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #53
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
where i stay i see 400 pound 8 year old often

the ice cream trucks drive up and down my street all day until 10 o clock in the night
400 pounds of poison

these kids dont stand a chance

that sugar high is hard to maintain

just ask your pancreas and spleen
Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 PM   #54
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

yepp.. that high sugar consumption makes so many kids ill and overhyped!!
it has effects on everything even the mind!

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #55
Kennings
Thought Provoker

Kennings grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Kennings

I know its kinda off topic in a way, but has anyone celebrated Yom Kippur? Because I do, and in it, I just gather with my family (but this year Ill be alone since Im off in college) and we dont do anything for a full day (from sundown to sundown) other than pray.

In it we have what I call an actual fast because for 24 hours we do not eat anything, or drink water. We do not even use electricity or anything entertaining. Really, youre supposed to jes do nothing other than read the bible, and pray for forgiveness. And then we make a "pilgramage" really just a walk, wearing regular house clothes b.c youre supposed to have humility and not really be carein bout what people have to say. Its basically a day of shame for your sins, but I like it because truthfully, when it is done right, you feel a whole lot better, both spiritually and physically.

From doing this every year, Ramadan, not to undermine it, seems as though it would be a lot easier to do, but then again I never truely experienced it.

But I do like the posts some of you said about using it as a time to create a blueprint, using it as a time to change your diet and really and truely re-evaluate your life. I always used to build my relationship to God, but that sounds like a really good way to make it that much more personable and beneficial. Especially with me seriously looking at my health and just again exercising and eating a whole lot better.
Kennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:09 PM   #56
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennings
I know its kinda off topic in a way, but has anyone celebrated Yom Kippur? Because I do, and in it, I just gather with my family (but this year Ill be alone since Im off in college) and we dont do anything for a full day (from sundown to sundown) other than pray.

In it we have what I call an actual fast because for 24 hours we do not eat anything, or drink water. We do not even use electricity or anything entertaining. Really, youre supposed to jes do nothing other than read the bible, and pray for forgiveness. And then we make a "pilgramage" really just a walk, wearing regular house clothes b.c youre supposed to have humility and not really be carein bout what people have to say. Its basically a day of shame for your sins, but I like it because truthfully, when it is done right, you feel a whole lot better, both spiritually and physically.

From doing this every year, Ramadan, not to undermine it, seems as though it would be a lot easier to do, but then again I never truely experienced it.

But I do like the posts some of you said about using it as a time to create a blueprint, using it as a time to change your diet and really and truely re-evaluate your life. I always used to build my relationship to God, but that sounds like a really good way to make it that much more personable and beneficial. Especially with me seriously looking at my health and just again exercising and eating a whole lot better.

i never knew what that was
i've noticed that the jewish community would not use any electricity at certain times - i didn't know that it was that deep

but yeah for some in the Nation they do something like ramadan everyday 365
the strongest of us do it - eat once every 24 hours after SUNdown. I hear there is an elder who reads the Quaran once every 7 days - pure discipline

Old 10-09-2005, 03:46 AM   #57
MF Herbs
Monster Island Czar

MF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennings

I am. Shalom

"Yep"
MF Herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:51 AM   #58
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Drugz ?

Old 11-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #59
LHX
healthy merking

bumped for the new guy
Old 11-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #60
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

I had a friend that stayed with me last year, he's a vegan that practiced Ramadan.

He wouldn't eat, but he would smoke weed all day.

I couldn't do it, i'd have the munchies like a mother fucker. But I don't smoke weed anymore.

Plus why be a vegan to purify your body, but make your mind slow by smoking weed?