news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #31
Sunz of Man
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Sunz of Man crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^ Neptunes on a Tribe album, i ain't with it at all lol... they have to great producers in their three man group, so why would they want to branch out.

has anyone heard Ali Shaheed's solo album btw? is it an instrumental release or is he singing or rapping or what?
i haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but from what i heard he produced the whole thing, and it features him rhyming & singing
Sunz of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #32
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

^^I bought it....and didn't like it. If you're looking for a Tribe-like album this isn't it. Sort of like Cherrywine (I think Doodlebug of Digable Planets), people thought it would be like Digable Planet's albums but it wasn't. IMO, Q-Tip has a better ear for music/beats than Ali or Phife.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #33
shystar36
Sticky Bandit

shystar36 drunken mastashystar36 drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to shystar36 Send a message via MSN to shystar36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
It's funny to me too how some people dissed The Love Movement and Beats Rhymes and Life albums. Those albums are good.
naw, beats rhymes and life is an amazingg record, but love movement was weak. thats shit was too soft and beats rhymes and life sounded more street then any of tribes previous work, for their next album to sound the way it did never made sense to me. honestly i never think of love movement when i think of their catalogue. same with outkast, in my world they only have 3 albums.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #34
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Tribe had their day.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #35
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

Hell yes! Everyone digs a bit of Tribe, right?

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #36
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

I still think the love movement is VERY hit or miss but the hate that Beats Rhymes and Life got was EXTREMELY uncalled for.
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #37
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"The Renaissance" was an incredible album.. beats like this woldn't dissapoint me the least in a new Tribe LP:

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #38
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-DON View Post
I still think the love movement is VERY hit or miss but the hate that Beats Rhymes and Life got was EXTREMELY uncalled for.
Yeah The Love Movement was their least good album, but it was still pretty good. If a new group had came up with that album everybody would love it. But you have to compare it to 4 exceptional albums, 2 of them genuine classics. So they're kind of screwed, expectations wise. Regardless all their solo albums get compared to Tribe stuff, so they might as well make a new album. They're not gonna escape forever being remembered as a third of ATCQ.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #39
skeem
85 %er

skeem shaolin monk

the question is, who doesnt want a new ATCQ LP?
skeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #40
kurupt_kw
Veteran Member

kurupt_kw crouching tigerkurupt_kw crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Yeah The Love Movement was their least good album, but it was still pretty good. If a new group had came up with that album everybody would love it. But you have to compare it to 4 exceptional albums, 2 of them genuine classics. So they're kind of screwed, expectations wise. Regardless all their solo albums get compared to Tribe stuff, so they might as well make a new album. They're not gonna escape forever being remembered as a third of ATCQ.
I didn't really check for Tribe back in the day. The first album I bought was Love Lovement when it first came out and I loved it. It was so different than anything I had ever heard. Those who did know Tribe said it was extremely weird and couldn't understand why I loved it so much. Find a Way is still one of my all time favorites.

I love Beats too man. I didn't realise it received so much hate when it came out. I found this shortly after Love Movement and loved it even more. The Hop, Jam, Keep it Movin, 1nce Again are all smooth as hell to me.
kurupt_kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #41
FRiTz
LORD AKU

FRiTz crouching tigerFRiTz crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeem View Post
the question is, who doesnt want a new ATCQ LP?
co sign
FRiTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:09 AM   #42
Escobar

Escobar grasshopper

Man I dont know how anyone could hate on Beats, Rhymes & Life. I think the lyrics are on point with Midnight Maruaders, it's just that the beats are 'darker.' I enjoy the album more than People's Instinctive
Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote