news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default c7 pres. Black Sheep - "Standing Out From The Flock" (15 joints)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Tapes
The skilled New York duo of Dres and Mista Lawgne came out with their debut LP, "A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing", in 1991 to rave reviews. Dres was the main emcee while Lawgne handled all the production on the album and there's not many duos with a chemistry like that. Black Sheep was one of the latest editions to the Native Tounges collective (De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Prince Paul,, Jungle Brothers, Queen Latifah) and, a few others; actuallt one of the illest. Dres unique voice, hilarious lyrics, cadence and a real funny guy overall. Mista Lawne occassionally rhymed on the two albums the Sheep's released bur he was first and foremost the producer for the duo, with beats filled with jazz and funk samples that really complimented Dres verses. All-in-all, it was a match made in heaven - one of the better and most groundbreaking groups to emerge in 1990.

It would take three years until Black Sheep's sophomore album would hit the stores, "Non Phiction"; a very different albums in many ways and although it was quite good but nowhere near the classic debut LP. The following compilation focuses on the first years The Sheep entered the scene, about 1991 to 1993 and features remixes, gueslet the ht cameos, rare songs and B-Sides; 15 tracks in total. Although it's labeled as a strictly Black Sheep release, Mista Lawnge has prodcued the majorty of it although there's a few songs he didn't have anything to do. Dres is definitely on every of the "albums" 15 songs and it's a very enjoyable listen to my ears. So if you're a Black Sheep fan TURN IT UP!

01. "Still in the Ghetto"
02. ""Similak Child" [Homogenized Mix]
03. "Roll Wit Tha Flava" (w. Flavor Unit MCs)
04. "Who's It On Part Two" (w. Showbiz & AG)
05. "Everyway Always"
06. "Let The Horns Blow" (Ft- Phife, Trugoy & Al Tariq)
07. "Ste Of You" (Ft. Dres)
08. "Bounce Ta This" (Ft. Showbiz & AG)
09. "Jingle Jangle"
10. "Shakey Grounds"
11."On The Wall"
12. "Gimme The Finga" [Lawnge Remix]
13. "Butt... In The Meantime" [Nostrand Ave. Rasta Mix]
14. "Strobelite Honey" [No We Didn't Mix]
15. "Faanatic Of The B-Word" (Ft. De La Soul)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

I commented over on your blog a few hours ago but I guess you didn't see it. When I clicked on the download link it redirected me to the mediafire page for Royal Fam's "Black Castle" that you uploaded, so you should fix that. Props for this though. I've been listening to "A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" a bunch lately.
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

9th Chamber crouching tiger

Sweet anotehr dope release on Lost Tapes!! I'm telling you Claaa7 I like your releases better than most of the current stuff out there!! Keep it up!!
9th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ thanks Chamber.. the link is up and running now Taskmaster! peace

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

as always, props for the link. you the king of this shit.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

nice

Black Sheep was a good choice cause i feel that they dont get there props enough. very creative and unique group

props for this one

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote