news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
True Father Allah
PRODIGAL SUN

True Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
They really should sticky this thread, might be the only educational material I read all day

Good lookin on all that stuff True
fa sho fam. I just fixed all the links so they go directly to the day corresponding with them if you want to hear Chuck D doing his thing.

Also just to catch up on some dates that were missed
August 17th OGC released sophomore album M Pire Strikez Back
http://www.rapstation.com/td/NBHqvk6i
they make an error saying No Fear was on that album but it's Chuck so I'll give him a pass, lol

August 18th, Everlast was born in 1969 http://www.rapstation.com/td/XBHqvk6i

August 19th, Fat Joe was born in 1970 http://www.rapstation.com/td/fCHqvk6i
Aug.19th – Fat Joe was born Joseph Antonio Cartagena in The Bronx , New York , on this day in 1970. Joe released his debut album in 1993 called “Represent” on Relativity Records as Fat Joe Tha Gangsta. The album’s lead-off single “Flow Joe” earned him a Grammy Award for Best Rap Song. Joe released his 2nd album in 1995 called “Jealous One’s Envy”.

The album was produced by D.I.T.C.’s Diamond D. and featured KRS-One as a guest as well as Big Pun who had now joined Joe’s Terror Squad click along with Remy ma , Tony Sunshine , Cuban Link , Triple Seis , Prospect and Armageddon. Big Pun would die tragically from a heart attack in 2000. Joe scored with the hit single “Envy” off the album.

During this time he was also featured on the remix to the LL Cool J single “I Shot Ya” ,along with Prodigy of Mobb Deep , Foxy Brown and Keith Murray. In 1998 Joe switched labels and went to Atlantic Records and released the hugely successful “Don Cartegena” album. In 2001 Fat Joe released “Jealous One’s Envy”(J.O.S.E.) , not to be confused with Joe’s sophomore album of the same name. The album included a slew of guest appearances from N.O.R.E. , R. Kelly , Busta Rhymes , M.O.P. , Ludacris , Petey Pablo and reggae singer Buju Banton.

The album was produced by Irv Gotti and spawned the smash-hit “What’s Luv” , featuring Ja Rule and Ashanti. In 2004 , Joe and the Terror Squad scored with the smash-hit anthem “Lean Back” , produced by Scott Storch from their album “True Story”. Joe would release five more albums since then ; 2005’s “All Or Nothing” , 2006’s ”Me , Myself And I” , 2008’s “The Elephant In The Room” , 2009’s “Jealous Ones Envy 2”(J.O.S.E. 2) and 2010’s “The Darkside” – Vol-1. Joe has also been involved in several business enterprises , opening a clothing store called “Halftime” , a barbershop and launching a clothing line called FJ560.
True Father Allah is offline   Reply With Quote