news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Tha Carter III
Classic 5 7.04%
A 2 2.82%
B 16 22.54%
C 13 18.31%
D 9 12.68%
F 26 36.62%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2008, 02:24 AM   #61
Ghost_Deini_
Banned!!!11

Ghost_Deini_ crouching tiger

im not sure what it is, but i cant listen to a full song with him ever. i can make it through a few songs, but usually i cant take a 4 minute song of lil wayne... i always skip to the next song, only to skip that song, etc.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #62
Tony Bandana
YOUR KING OF WUTANGCORP.

Tony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killaTony Bandana shaolin masta killa

nah no luv for thiz skinny putz.

for punkz .."wanna play the role" kids music .

club shit, im pure east /west .

wont support it

fuck em

Tony Bandana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 AM   #63
crds
ADEPT

crds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkey

more wack material (has he not done enough already?, I mean he is on so much and has a crazy amount of mixtapes. Wayne (fuck that Lil shit) is the most OVERRATED rapper in history, his rhymes suck and his flow and voice are awful, when he "spits" he sounds constipated and retarded, I gave the Carter III a listen to see what all the fuss was about and couldn't get through the whole album.

I gave it an F and I cannot understand why Wayne sells so much, he is garbage.
crds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #64
Sage/SZA
DJ Straxger

Sage/SZA crouching tigerSage/SZA crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Sage/SZA

The only track that I liked was Dr. Carter. That track is bomb. The first Carter is the best Carter.

Thanks to Sean for the Sig

DJ STRVXG3R! Check Me Out! Tha PhilosoPy Mixtape To Come Soon
DJ Straxger Myspace Profile
DJ Straxger's Reverbxatiox Page
DJ STRVXG3R
Sage/SZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #65
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
this is how you have to listen to lil wayne im learing: When he says he's a martian, he means it, and if you don't get it you won't like it. like cappadonna calling himself a slang prostitute. I thought donna triumph verse was wack. When i figured out he was prostituting slang, and understood the essense of that term you like him more cause you know what your getting. Anyways, wayne being a martin means he's a nut, or out of this world, and ppl think he's dope for the out of this world type, left field, play by a different set of rules attitude he brings to his rhyme. He's like a creature, and therefore the less of a fuck he gives on a rhyme the iller he is in that context. Just like the more non sensey a ghost verse, the better, or the more ridiculous a cappdonna term the iller (shit on your brain wipe my ass with your phenominems" "rhyme prostitute, slang slut" "I love you like i love my dick size" "22 outfits and a mic check" or even when he makes up nicknames from himself like saying Diggler on 8 diagrams, by understanding his unique context it gets doper.
Excellent explanation. Wayne has a lot more in common with underground emcees than the mainstream.

I think this albums classic, or for the indie stans its about as good a mainstream album you'll hear these days. But hes definitely love it or hate it, cos his styles so weird and he sells more records than most people favorite rappers combined.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote