news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #11
True Father Allah
PRODIGAL SUN

True Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venoms

http://rapstation.com/td/bEHqvk6i
Sept.25th – T.I. was born Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. in Riverdale , Georgia on this day in 1980.

T.I. was nick-named Tip after his paternal great-grandfather. When he was signed to LaFace Records in 2001 , he changed it to T.I. out of respect for label-mate Q-Tip , formerly of A Tribe Called Quest.

T.I. released his debut album “I’m Serious” , that same year , which contained the single title-track , which featured reggae singer Beenie Man. “I’m Serious” also featured guest appearances by Pharell Williams , Jazze Pha , Too $hort , Bonecrusher and Lil’ Jon.

After a falling out with LaFace , T.I. formed his own record label Grand Hustle Records , whose roster would eventually include , B.o.B , Killer Mike , 8Ball & MJG , Big Kuntry King and Young Dro just to name a few.

In 2003 , T.I. appeared on Bonecrusher’s smash-hit “Never Scared”. Soon after , T.I. inked a distribution deal with Atlantic Records for Grand Hustle and released his successful sophomore set “Tap Muzik”. The hit album featured production work from Kanye West , David Banner , Jazze Pha , Madvac and DJ Toomp. “Trap Muzik” also featured the hits ; “24’s” , “Big Easy” , “Rubberband Man” and “Let’s Get Away”.

In 2004 , T.I. appeared with Lil’ Wayne on the Destiny’s Child hit “Soldier”. In 2006 , T.I. won several Billboard and BET Music Awards , including Best Male Rap Artist at both ceremonies.

T.I. has released 7 albums to date. Most notably ; 2004’s platinum-selling “Urban Legend” , which featured the hit “Bring ‘Em Out” , 2006’s platinum-selling “King” , which contained the Grammy Award winning-hit “What You Know” and 2008’s chart-topper “Paper Trail” ,which featured his biggest hit-single “Whatever You Like” as well as Live Your Life” , featuring Rihanna , “Dead And Gone” , featuring Justin Timberlake and “Swagger Like Us” featuring Jay-Z , Lil’ Wayne and Kanye West.

T.I. also formed Grand Hustle Films which is currently in production for a reality series. T.I also starred in the film “ATL” , which was produced by Will Smith’s Overbrook Productions. T.I. has also appeared in “American Gangster” and “Takers”.

T.I. also has been involved in several humanitarian initiatives like Hurricane Katrina efforts , working with youths at The Paulding Detention Center in Atlanta , providing scholarships for single parent homes at The Boys And Girls Club Of America , and bicycle giveaways for under-privileged youths in Atlanta.

T.I also owns one of Atlanta’s most popular night-clubs called “Club Crucial”.

In 2010, T.I. rescued a man attempting suicide , who was attemting to jump from an office building in Atlanta.

T.I. is also married to Tameka “Tiny” Cottle of r’n’b’ group Xscape.
True Father Allah is offline   Reply With Quote