news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default HipHopDX reviews Bronze's "School for the Blindman"

3 outta 5 because they think it's got too much of a 90s Wu sound....

LMAO!!!!

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-...r-the-blindman

what do u think?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
David Daniel Davis
PRODIGAL SUN

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Fags....
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

That review was way off imo.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
wuninja gold

wuninja gold grasshopper
Default Hiphop bs site

These people obviously know nothin' about a solid hiphop album.bronze is able to be part of wutang without going out of his way to be so. What is "dated" really supposed to be.there are alot of syles of music that can easily be called "dated" such as jazz, the blues,whatever.the whole point is to make music that you feel and if there's a market ,try to sell it.not to go too far off topic but why can't an artist just make 90's era or not hiphop or whatever and who ever likes it just buy it.i personally don't want to listen to that commercial garbage period! This so called hiphop website should be celebrating hiphop diversity.there are musicians who are'nt even composers but get praised on how they replay classical music but with their flavor. I'm not a bronze stan ,actually this goes a lot deeper.someone or someones have to make music that appeals to a particular group and bronze and his crew do that.btw bronze's album isn't filled with useless subject matter,it's filled with a lot of situations that a lot of people can relate to.they just want someone with a good flow with nothing to say. Good job bronze!!!!!!!!
wuninja gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
the silencer

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I know it's 2 different reviewers but it's funny to look at their review of the Apollo Brown & Hassan Mackey joint and they praise the exact same shit that they criticize in Bronze's case, look:

Quote:
One can hear the hunger and pride throughout Daily Bread, and the Blaxploitation interludes not only nod to Ghostface Killah classics, but help this project shine as an album. Neither artist is heavy-handed in giving you each song's theme and message, so the interludes help navigate the overall message. Fans of early RZA will definitely appreciate Apollo's soulful courage.

it's funny cuz, as I pointed out in a recent thread, Apollo Brown used to be in the Wisemen and learned how to produce from Bronze.... he even completely jacked a Bronze beat on the Hassaan Mackey album
Old 09-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
Chris Stylez
PRODIGAL SUN

Chris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkey

i didnt even hear the whole album yet and i know thats a horrible review wtf

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

Chris Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

lol first comment.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #8
_BaLaNcE_
SLIMEY SAVAGE

_BaLaNcE_ Imbecile
Send a message via MSN to _BaLaNcE_

sick of these new mimes mcs aint saiyng shit so stop praying shit..wutang iron tribe peace to ol dirt he puts in the most work

Last edited by _BaLaNcE_; 09-30-2011 at 11:57 AM.
_BaLaNcE_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

yeah i agree with the review. tracks like worship and cold summer suck.

we need more progressive and fresh sounds like you cant stop me now and straight off the block.

haha
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Tony Scar
LAVOE REVOLT

Tony Scar crouching tiger

LOL@wade ..Word. that's what they really wanna say.
@silencer...great point wit the Apollo Brown review. Apollo is a student of Bronze. Remember readin that in your interview of Bronze and Kevlaar.
@wuninja gold.. appreciate that build.

This review has too many fukn things technically wrong with it. It's not Bronze's fifth album unless you were a sloppy chump and only wikipedia'd him and took that misleading info. More importantly, I gave them an interview on Bronze that focused on his lyrical skill. If there is cohesion in a publication they're gonna say 'analyze the lyrics because that's what was focused on in our mag.' If the bitch didn't like the lyrics then show and prove.

But journalists always wonder why they get threatened and fucked up for their "opinions" but they got no respect and earn the beatdownn. Bomb an artist as heavy as you want. Try to destroy his career but before you go in do the fuckn knowledge! Instead, they are really thinking of an angle (here the outdated 90's wu sound supposedly) to trash the record and entire artist's career with. He reveals his shit when he says he wanna hear Bronze and not Bronze doing Wu. If he was sincere and wanted "progressive" shit--whatever the fuk that means here--he would've had more respect at least saying he wanted the beats to keep in the direction of Wisemen's Children of A Lesser God album. You know he ain't heard that shit tho.

For me, it's hard to be unbiased judgin Bronze's work because he been doing the exact type of Hip Hop, musically, lyrically with that ethic and spirit I've been wanting to hear from a new generation of MCs. With School, he went in and you could nitpick all you want but the only thing you can say against the album is that you can hear where Bronze actually has potential to get even better.

But some muthafukas just ain't real. The latter half of the album is boring?! Latter half has "Worship," and the progressive cuts "Farewell" and "Reggie" and "Records We Used to Play." Like 9th Wonder wasn't feeling the vibe of Watch the Throne, if you can't feel the soul in these tracks you need to fuk with some other genre. I hear School and I hear my fukn struggle, my peoples' heart in the shit, that rugged warrior spirit. Not everybody gonna be ready for that but a journalist needs to respect that if he's writing about it.

Peace, Sunez
Tony Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

When the hell was Apollo ever a Wisemen member? Before there inception? He wasnt on the first album and not even a later addition like Illah Dayz & June Megaladon, was he the Jarobi of the group?
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
Tony Scar
LAVOE REVOLT

Tony Scar crouching tiger

@JIN...Apollo was down with Wisemen. Bronze gave him his first machines and everything. I wouldn't compare it exactly with jarobi lol. do the knowledge to silencer's interview http://www.abuildingroam.com/2010/11...en-bronze.html
Peace, Sunez
Tony Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #13
the silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
When the hell was Apollo ever a Wisemen member? Before there inception? He wasnt on the first album and not even a later addition like Illah Dayz & June Megaladon, was he the Jarobi of the group?
See this thread:
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2150442

He was "Cheehf".... Produced Waters of Nazareth among other things...
Old 10-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #14
Sparrow Daene
PRODIGAL SUN

Sparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by david daniel davis View Post
fags....

lol
Sparrow Daene is offline   Reply With Quote