news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Exclamation 3 slept on albums from the 90's that SHIT on most everything coming out...

3 sleepers...

these albums dont get enough props....

ALL 3 of these albums were slept on when they dropped...

ALL 3 of these albums are slept on now....

SKILLZ debut was fucking sick... a lot of yall that never heard it will think he sounds like BIG L... the beats were ridiculous.... beatnuts... jay dee... buckwild....

skillz had everything you look for in a emcee... dope voice, crazy flow, good ear...

AHHH YEAAAAH... TAME ONE was a fucking RHYME GOD when this shit hit... dude upped his skills to another level... and murdered every verse backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! el and tame dropped 2 bangers... that got a lot of love with the real b boys... they had every element covered, graff, breakin, spitting, DJing... the beats were incredible, and el and tame flow like water... with TAME ONE amazing every 16 bars... shit is CLASSIC....

CELLA DWELLAS... these dudes were ILL... straight up GOONS.... but musically, they didnt wanna hit you in the head with the gun and drug raps... so they blended the street shit with the fantasy angle...they were some of the best, with the mystic street rap... and they rapped on nothing but TOP SHELF production... NICK WIZ was a MONSTER... every beat was SICK... dirty basslines.. crispy loops.... UG is still nice till this very day... theyre dropping new shit, im all over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 of NJ illest albums featured in this group of 3....

i hope yall give em a listen if you havent heard them.. shits too easy now... google search and youre winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARTIFACTS... CELLA DWELLAS.... MAD SKILLZ....

straight hip hop, no bullshit...

skillz dropped an incredible solo and went on to GHOST his way to financial success...

hes always gonna be good in my book for putting that shit out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I FORGET WHERE I AM SOMETIMES...

THIS IS WHERE IRISH KIDS MAKE RIDICULOUS TOP 5 LISTS FEATURING FAG RAPPERS LIKE QWEL...

REAL BOOM BAP... SAMPLE BASED, G RAP... NO ELECTRONIC SYNTH STABS... NO VEGAN DIET ADVICE OVER TRASH BEATS.... HEAD NOD SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go back in the crates... new shit is TRASSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ye these three are true gems. not sure why no one gives daps to these albums but those joints get spins all day over here

another joint from then to add is Blahzay Blahzay. i read people sayin they only dropped one track that was worth bumpin, but they obviously never sat thru the whole album

PF Cuttin masterminded some ill production, striaght boom bap on that joint

another good thread Angry, im with you on this one.

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
angry!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
ye these three are true gems. not sure why no one gives daps to these albums but those joints get spins all day over here

another joint from then to add is Blahzay Blahzay. i read people sayin they only dropped one track that was worth bumpin, but they obviously never sat thru the whole album

PF Cuttin masterminded some ill production, striaght boom bap on that joint

another good thread Angry, im with you on this one.
bronze these kids are fucking brain dead...

i pulled out the MAD SKILLZ joint... after i heard some low life say niggas that ghostwrite cant do it themselves...

FROM WHERE??? DESTROYS that notion....

honestly... skillz shoulda beenn fucking huge...

he had the bouncy flow, the pitch corrected clarity... the singles were perfect...

shit was slept on then.... NOW?!!?!?!?! kids look to BIG SEAN for punchlines... its a TRAGEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wonder if SKILLZ woulda got the BIG L treatment if he got killed after FROM WHERE....

everybody that rapped back then knew SKILLZ was THAT DEAL...

just didnt work out...

his pen got him where he needded to be at the end of the day....

and TAME ONE's performance on THATS THEM gotta be one of the strongest showings ever in a duo... he was retiring mics every verse....
Old 10-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
OPTIMUS
SLIMEY SAVAGE

OPTIMUS prodigal sonOPTIMUS prodigal sonOPTIMUS prodigal sonOPTIMUS prodigal sonOPTIMUS prodigal sonOPTIMUS prodigal sonOPTIMUS prodigal son

never slept on these Artifacts were the hot thing for a while there but cut short. Mad SKillz always had teh skills but like Canibus never dropped that classic album you know they got in em. Cella Dwellaz were one of the forgotten groups when everyone blew up on Loud and changin there name to Tha Dwellas didnt help.... Saw nick Wiz pumpin up new CD album on youtube lookin forward to that Wiz got mad beats
OPTIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
angry!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPTIMUS View Post
never slept on these Artifacts were the hot thing for a while there but cut short. Mad SKillz always had teh skills but like Canibus never dropped that classic album you know they got in em. Cella Dwellaz were one of the forgotten groups when everyone blew up on Loud and changin there name to Tha Dwellas didnt help.... Saw nick Wiz pumpin up new CD album on youtube lookin forward to that Wiz got mad beats
no doubt...

the dwellas def got lost in the shuffle...

NICK WIZ gotta be one of the most slept on producers ever... dude was pumping out dusty soul stirring bangers on auto pilot, cooking RAKIM classics... NO LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think SKILLZ debut was perfect...

but it didnt make perfect sense... till i saw the SKILLZ story, play out... if you catch my drift...

now that we know the history, his entry point...

thats the album niggas were bumping, when they were calling him to write THEIR shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LARGE PRO beat got prison raped... q-tip styling NICE touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jay dee groupies... that discovered jay dee after he died... if you never heard FROM WHERE? you lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post
WHERE I AM SOMETIMES...

THIS IS WHERE IRISH KIDS MAKE RIDICULOUS TOP 5 LISTS FEATURING FAG RAPPERS LIKE QWEL...

REAL BOOM BAP... SAMPLE BASED, G RAP... NO ELECTRONIC SYNTH STABS... NO VEGAN DIET ADVICE OVER TRASH BEATS.... HEAD NOD SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go back in the crates... new shit is TRASSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol, uMad?
Grow atleast one testicle, crying over opinions on a website.
Pfffft!

These guys are mad slept on.

&

Last edited by Prime8; 10-10-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
angry!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
Lol, uMad?
Grow atleast one testicle, crying over opinions on a website.
Pfffft!

These guys are mad slept on.

&

did i say your name!?!?!?!?!?

you must be an IRISH faggot with QWEL in your top 5....

you wouldnt have been into hip hop when these records dropped...

you are post for post one of the worst posters on this board...

thats saying something....

red haired rap fans.... i forget they exist every now and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

Quote:
did i say your name!?!?!?!?!?

you must be an IRISH faggot with QWEL in your top 5....

you wouldnt have been into hip hop when these records dropped...

you are post for post one of the worst posters on this board...

thats saying something....

red haired rap fans.... i forget they exist every now and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was fairly obvious that the previous comment was directed towards me.
Good job pushing the negative stereotype about hip-hop listeners.

*Adds several "."s to the end of every sentence*.....
Old 10-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
JakobR
SHAOLIN STUDENT

JakobR drunken mastaJakobR drunken masta

I actually immediately thought of Mad Skillz when I first read the title of the thread. Thank God I discovered this album some months back, it contains so many different aspects of hip hop that I adore. Killer production as well.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

add some dl links

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
angry!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
It was fairly obvious that the previous comment was directed towards me.
Good job pushing the negative stereotype about hip-hop listeners.

*Adds several "."s to the end of every sentence*.....
you came in....

HURT...

posted 2 non related songs...

and baited me into a back n forth....

youre a soft handed, teen irish, bitch boy...

anybody with QWEL in their top 5 is not to be taken seriously...

you actually were questioning other posters top emcees...

i dont think ive ever seen a post of yours, i didnt wanna punch you out for...

youre a nauseating teenage faggot.....

back OT....

^^^^ >>>>> QWEL and any other fruit and nut mix faggot rappers shit
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #13
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Cella Dwellas definatly got lost in the Loud Records Shuffle back in the day but I always dug them, seen some shit on Youtube back a few months ago with UG sayin he had a solo record coming out soon............The Skillz record is dope too, never had that when it dropped but I discovered it a few years ago via the web and its a banger, funny how that dude is only known as the "Year End Rap Up" guy now, SMH........ Never took the time to check out the Artifacts but I have Tame One's solo from EC and his collabo with Cage, next time I go Searchin I'll give them a spin

5*Thread
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
ALL 3 of these albums were slept on when they dropped...

ALL 3 of these albums are slept on now....
Yeah I agree, it's good that people who truly recognize hold the albums up in high regard though 'til this day to keep their greatness alive. Every now & then people need to be put onto quality underappreciated music.

Did you check out the recent documentary with U.G.? He's in the hood speaking while carrying on through a regular day: www.youtube.com/watch?v=79GZQW3-M9w

and Tame has a recent interview where he explains his anger at the industry. He actually gave up on the industry during Wrong Side Of The Tracks! It's one of those unfortunate situations where Artifacts was stuck contractually through their 2nd album. It explains why That's Them is slept on, check it out here: www.vimeo.com/28167860

Click here to launch RZA Radio!

Get this player for your signature or website
fatboybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

that artifacts album still gets play over here, i remember having that on tape in junior high
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote