news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms
Default Rappers/producers etc with the same stage name?

Just been listening to Necro with Mr Hyde on a track or two. I don't Own any Mr.Hyde so I went on Wikipedia to search his discography but it only returned an old rap duo called Dr.Jekyll & Mr.Hyde

Also listening to Tony Touch Power Cypha - Ed Lover came on, looked him up on wiki & he had an with a Doctor Dre but not the Dr.Dre

I didn't think it was possible for two MC's etc to have the same stage name

Anyone know anymore?

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
Smif-N-Wessun
Prince Among Thieves

Smif-N-Wessun shaolin monk

First that came to my mind are Havoc & Prodigy of Mobb Deep and Havoc & Prodeje of the South Central Cartel. Always wondered if it was coincidence, or who bit who's name...

Last edited by Smif-N-Wessun; 10-12-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Smif-N-Wessun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I can remember not long ago Sway (from Sway & Tech) sounded like a right bitch in an interview when he was sayin that the UK rapper Sway should change his name because it was causing alot of confusion.

Like the two of them would even have the same fanbase or anything.

Peace!
Pattch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Do variations of the same name also count?
J Rocc from the beat junkies, Jay Rock from black hippy and possibly others I can't name.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
Twiztid-Wutang
Veteran Member

Twiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venoms
Default Tech 9/Tech N9ne

I believe it's kinda corny. Theres MILLIONS of things you can call yourself. If people research, they can realize whats taken and whats not. Tech 9 the battle rappers knew DAMN WELL that Tech N9ne from Kansas had that name LONG before he did.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Mr. Hyde only has two solo albums.

Barn of the Naked Dead & Chronicles of the Beastman.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The 2 D-Blacks, one is from the West (below) and the other (second pic) reps the East Coast and is from New York. To have "black" at the end of your name as a nickname is common in the hood so I'm not surprised at this.

I prefer the music of New York's D-Black. Pick up his "New Black City" mixtape if you haven't already, he's one of the dopest lyricists to come from NY in a minute with beats from Nottz Just Blaze, Illmind, Khrysis, Boonie Mayfield and others.

Mr. October by D-Black (new EP): http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2011/...y-d-black.html
Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

soulja boy and souljah boy (from BTNH Mo thugs family)
Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

Well I never knew of any of them so thanks for enlightening & thanks for the heads up on Mr.Hyde's albums

I dunno why rappers have to bite each others names, if they already know the name exists anyway

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote