news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #3121
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

way too much shit

Todd McFarlane Spider-Man Omnibus (50% off wtf)
Aquaman 1,2
Flash 2
FF 11
Journey Into Mystery 630
Venom 8
JL Dark 2
Daredevil 5
I, Vampire 2
Wolvie and the X-Men 1
Hulk 1
Spidey 672
Astonishing X-Men 43
All Star Western 2
Red Wing 4
Spaceman 1 (shit was $1.00 and looks boss as hell)

Time to get reading!

Spent almost $100 even with discount...don't go to the comic store high with extra cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
never thought i'd say this.
aquaman was the shit!!!

and jesus christ, schism 5 was just awful. one of the worst declines in quality from one issue to the next i may have seen in the last 5 years. i cant draw worth a fuck, but i think i could have drawn that comic better than kubert did. just horrible art.
yeah wtf happened there...i can think of a bigger drop off in quality though...batman and robin #17.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #3122
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

wolverine & the x men...was interesting, what a creative team
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #3123
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i just read it and loved it...great dialogue, great art, weirdness...i hope the book keeps it up...i dug everything about it, even the little class program at the back of the book...really good, fresh stuff...it's like the offspring of the morisson x-men and the 90s lobdell/bachalo generation x series.

i don't see anything else that came out this week being as good honestly...bachalo's art was so excellent and stylish...especially onthe pages with tons of panels focusing on facial expressions. he's a true cartoonist...i'm shocked at how good this issue was.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #3124
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

9th Chamber crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
way too much shit

Aquaman 1,2
Flash 2
FF 11
Journey Into Mystery 630
Venom 8
JL Dark 2
Daredevil 5
I, Vampire 2
Wolvie and the X-Men 1
Hulk 1
Spidey 672
Astonishing X-Men 43
All Star Western 2
Red Wing 4
Spaceman 1 (shit was $1.00 and looks boss as hell)

Time to get reading!

Spent almost $100 even with discount...don't go to the comic store high with extra cash.

yeah wtf happened there...i can think of a bigger drop off in quality though...batman and robin #17.
Wow that's a big pull list!! Great deal on the McFarlane omnibus! It's definitely one on my wish list! Arg I didn't see DD at the shop, I'll have to go back!

I also really enjoyed Wolvie and X-Men. I thought Aquaman was good too, not as good as the first issue but still entertaining.
9th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #3125
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

How was Daredevil and Astonishing X-Men?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #3126
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Haven't read them yet
Old 11-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #3127
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

Today I got detective#3, Swamp Thing#3, Animal Man#3, Uncanny #1, Action#3. almost got Batman Noel but decided to wait on it.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #3128
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^I leafed through that at the shop and read some of the pages...awesome art, really cringeworthy writing, though...and can people stop riffing on "a christmas carol"? shit's beyond played out.

I bought Infinite Vacation #3, Swamp Thing #3, Animal Man #3, Uncanny #1, Action #3, Mystic #4, ASM #673, Seven Warriors #1 (more Francis Manapul!)

still haven't even read all the shit I bought last week...Astonishing X-Men was OK, Hulk was OK, Spidey, DD, and Flash were awesome.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #3129
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

So this week I picked up JL#3, Batman#3, Punisher#5, and I took a bit of a plunge and bought the current issues of Ultimates(1-3) and the new Ultimate Spiderman (#1-5).
Old 11-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #3130
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

Hey Guys,

Check out my new website devoted to comics: www.comicsthegathering.com

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #3131
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Chamber View Post
So this week I picked up JL#3, Batman#3, Punisher#5, and I took a bit of a plunge and bought the current issues of Ultimates(1-3) and the new Ultimate Spiderman (#1-5).
I was thinking about doing with that with the new ultimate spidey, but they're too expensive and too little happens for 20 bucks for 5 issues...i could buy a tpb or a novel or something so fuck it.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #3132
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and the best reboot of the year goes to...........

daredevil. lol

so after a few months, which dc titles are you sticking with? which ones are you gonna send packing?
aquaman is a big budget action movie of a read. good stuff.
animal man is very unique. art & story wise.

but im checking out of demon knights. read the last issue & felt like i didnt read anything. no real story progression.

also, wanna recommend the marvel limited series "mystery men". it takes place in the 1920's during the depression. you've seen the lost heroes of yesteryear thing before, but the art on this book really impressed me. great look for the characters.

and punishermax is ending at like issue #22?!?!?!?!?

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #3133
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

^^ Yea DD has been great since it's relaunch! You should also check out the regular Punisher title since it's relaunch has been great as well.

The DC titles I'll be sticking with are: Aquaman, Batman, Detective, JL, Animal Man, Flash, and GL. Maybe Swamp Thing as well haven't quite decided on it yet.

Any feedback on my new website guys? www.comicsthegathering.com
Old 12-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #3134
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what are you all top 10 favorite comic books?
Old 12-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #3135
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

is this any good