news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 12-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #3136
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^I haven't read it yet (well I mean Ive read a few issues of his run when I was a little kid, but the majority of it is new to me...I haven't even really looked at the Jim Lee X-Men Omnibus yet)

I finally got caught up on all the DC books, and I'm sticking with: Batman, Batman and Robin, Batwoman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Flash, and Wonder Woman. There was a ton of books that I want to like or that have good artwork, but the writing is shit/too 'decompressed'.

LOL@ Uncanny X-Men #2...fucking awful...this is the same dude that writes Journey Into Mystery? I'll stick with X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #3137
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
I'll stick with X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men.
goddamn right. i get the wolverine solo book too.

animal man is really good. i was thinking about wonder woman.
jl dark is beating around the fucking bush.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #3138
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^yeah i feel that way about jldark, aquaman, frankenstein and demon knights...i might drop them, but then they'll fuck around and become great

wolverine solo book is cool, but i need to cut my pull list down, and alot of the $4 marvel books need to go

fantastic four 600 was pretty epic, but ff 12 was terrible...and hickman takes too long to tell the story, so i'm thinking of dropping those too.

did you get defenders #1? my store didn't get any copies, i'll probably get it this week
Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #3139
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, i peeped defenders.
not bad. a lot of the typical getting to know characters you already know bullshit, but i've always liked the premise for that team.

but its another fucking 4 dollar book. greedy marvel fucks. lol

Old 12-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #3140
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

defenders is marvels JLD
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #3141
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
defenders is marvels JLD
lol word?

what dc books are you sticking with, dusk?

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 12-14-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #3142
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

yeah, i guess it could be the marvel jl dark.
only more happened in the first issue of defenders then all thats happened the entire first stroyline of jl dark. and a lot didnt happen in defenders (except the last 2 pages). and fraction writing iron fist again could be worth it.

bendis' new baby moon knight keeps getting better. hope this one lasts a while with this creative team.

and am i the only one who finds the new tmnt book amazingly lame? wish they'd go black and white with it and make it a creators playground without any real continuity. and maybe drop it a dollar. lol

Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #3143
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What's the difference between:

Action Comics/Superman

Batman/Detective Comics/Dark Knight/Batman & Robin (I guess the other 3 don't have a lot of Robin in them?)

I just ordered Batman #1 and Justice League #1. Might try Superman #1 aswell.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #3144
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i meant its direction, i know of the old school team

Batman, Flash, Action Comics, JL, batwoman, green lantern, swamp thing, animal man and frankenstein..think thats it, had to make a diesel chop, money's tight
Old 12-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #3145
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^I hear you...I just moved into a house...so my pull list is getting drastically chopped...now that school's out i can catch up on my reading and decide what i wanna keep (some books i'm months behind on...the shit i feen for i read immediately though)

no 'wonder woman', though? that's one of their best books, imo

goddamn it x-force...goddamn...i need to re-read the whole series now...that was good comics.

what else can be said about batwoman? williams is god

i got defenders #1...thought it was pretty good, but the characterizations of doctor strange and silver surfer seem kind of off to me...iron fist and red she hulk were pretty cool though...might pick up #2

buy this.

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 12-15-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #3146
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rame View Post
What's the difference between:

Action Comics/Superman

Batman/Detective Comics/Dark Knight/Batman & Robin (I guess the other 3 don't have a lot of Robin in them?)

I just ordered Batman #1 and Justice League #1. Might try Superman #1 aswell.
Action Comics is set in the past when Supes was younger, Superman is 'present day'...neither are very good in my opinion

Batman and Batman and Robin are worth reading (Batman in particular...#1 is ok but the next 2 issues are great) Detective Comics and Dark Knight have really poor writing and aren't worth. Justice League is ok in a mindless way...great art.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #3147
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Thanks for the info!

I ordered Batman #1, Justice League #1 and The Amazing Spider-Man #675.

I'll probably stick to Batman and Spider-Man (if I like it) but I'm interested to see what the Justice League is about.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #3148
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
^I hear you...I just moved into a house...so my pull list is getting drastically chopped...now that school's out i can catch up on my reading and decide what i wanna keep (some books i'm months behind on...the shit i feen for i read immediately though)

no 'wonder woman', though? that's one of their best books, imo

goddamn it x-force...goddamn...i need to re-read the whole series now...that was good comics.

what else can be said about batwoman? williams is god

i got defenders #1...thought it was pretty good, but the characterizations of doctor strange and silver surfer seem kind of off to me...iron fist and red she hulk were pretty cool though...might pick up #2

buy this.
absolutely
Old 12-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #3149
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

and ya man ideally id get all the books i like that i needed to drop but if i cant get them, i aint gettin no WW feel me? lmao
Old 12-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #3150
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

re: batman incorporated: leviathan strikes

batman, inc...oh how i've missed your drug-like insanity...everything about it was top notch, except that they didn't just staple it instead of doing a bind...ruined some of the double page spreads

chris burnham is amazing...cameron stewart's no slouch either...time to re-read the whole series

nothing else i bought this week will be fucking with this...should've read it last lol