news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

View Poll Results: Which was the worst decade, musically?
50's 8 16.00%
60's 0 0%
70's 1 2.00%
80's 15 30.00%
90's 3 6.00%
00's 23 46.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #16
wutangclan97chamber
SHAOLIN STUDENT

wutangclan97chamber crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Chase View Post
I was generalising. I don't like Wu Tang neither. I do like Project Pat. But the Hip Hop genre is terrible.
you dont like wu tang, yet you made an account on a wu tang fan based website and have over 10,000 posts? uhm....
wutangclan97chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #17
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i say the 80s
Old 12-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #18
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutangclan97chamber View Post
you dont like wu tang, yet you made an account on a wu tang fan based website and have over 10,000 posts? uhm....
I use to be a fan, back in the 1996 'till 2006 or so. People's opinions change. I do still like RZA's production.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #19
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

For me it's the 80's because it's simply boring. All those crappy outdated programmed drums and synths and boring arrangements, plus in order to make songs more futuristic and modern, producers lost all the organic touch that earlier music had.(plus the abolition of vinyl and introduction of digital technology)

Best music for me was in the 70's because it had all the old flavor from earlier decades(jazz, soul, funk) combined with inovations(progressive rock, jazz fusion, electronic) that were exploited much more in later decades.

90's is all about Hip Hop and Rage against the machine. And prodigy.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #20
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

why all the hate on the 80's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The 70's had disco music, which was way underrated. The 80's was classic, which had nu wave, one of the best genres of all time. And many gems that have gotten played on the radio over the years. The 90's was definitely the best overall, in terms of hip hop and alternative music. Yo MTV Raps. 120 Minutes. I didn't even like heavy metal, but you would still watch Headbanger's ball. The 00's is easily the worst, unless you're a teenage girl, deformed, or a fat person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:35 AM   #22
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

The 50's and all the Elvis shit he stole from black folk..

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #23
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
The 50's and all the Elvis shit he stole from black folk..
a bit of a reactionary statement. to be honest i thought the same thing when i was a militant asshole teenager, but realistically musicians all steal from each other. elvis (and his collaborators) were actually quite inventive, taking country music and putting the harder edge of black rock n roll music with it.

theres conflicting information on whether or not he was a racist, but logically he'd have to respect the musicians that paved the way for his career. then again maybe he was a massive racist.

the 80s had probably more bad songs than any other genre, and it also felt like everyone followed the trend of using synths and fake drums in their records, as soon as the 80s were over a bunch of soul and rock artists went back to their old methods.

i definitely agree with check about new wave, because i think it was a catch all for the best of the 70s, shame it didn't last longer.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #24
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Who is the nigger faggot who voted 70's? You faggot ass nigger, I hope your organs fall out next time you take a shit faggot. You should get your eardrums pierced, homo. Oh my God, what a cunt.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

How many of you who voted the 00's can honestly say you like more music from the 50s or 80s than the 00s? What the fuck were you listening to the last decade?? You can say what you want about the overall quality about mainstream music lately, but no other decade comes close to the diversity we're seeing nowadays. If you can't find new quality music, regardless of what genre your looking for, it's your own damn fault. The same couldn't be said 60 years ago.

OT: Voted for the 50s because I have no clue if there's anything at all from the decade that I would sit and listen to today. But when reconsidering, I should've gone for the 70s or 80s.. The 60s, 90s and 00s are far better than the other decades in the poll, imho.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #26
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

90% of the best hip hop beats are sampled from 70's music. So much awesome music was made in the 70's. So much creativity. Progressive Rock. Drug induced themed albums. There's a certain quality to the sound of the 70's. Hip hop was build on that sound from the 70's and the most memorable drum breaks still used in todays music come from late 60's/ 70's music. The 70's is where and when hip hop started.
Seriously, think about it.

I still want to punch the faggit who voted 70's. You are a homo. You don't deserve to breathe. Nigger.

Blaxploitation mother fucker. Funkadelics, queer. Without the 70's there would be no hip hop. There would be no Wu Tang. How the fuck can you even discard the 70's?

All those funky ass library joints are from the 70's. That ill ass drums sounds on the best hip hop beats are still breaks from the 70's. How can you hate on that?

all that ill ass soundtracks used on hip hop beats, 70's. All those memorable guitar riffs, 70's. Motherfucking Pink Floyd, 70's.

Yes, I'm mad. I hate you nigger.

Last edited by JASPER; 12-25-2011 at 09:01 PM.
JASPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

even if i enjoy more music from the 90s, i would vote 70's for the best decade of music on general principle. i think this should just be universally understood.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #28
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

was bumping 'dark side of the moon' earlier, crazy stuff. funny how it sounds more like jazz or soul than rock music.

60s were great also, all that motown, stax, beatles etc
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #29
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

80's for sure, I occasionally enjoy some phil collins, but I still realise that objectively it's shitty pop music.

I'm assuming the people voting for the 50's are doing so because they aren't familiar with the music?
Old 12-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #30
BrokenWrists
PRODIGAL SUN

BrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkey

The 80's had some hilariously great anthem like tunes.

Last edited by BrokenWrists; 12-28-2011 at 12:30 AM.
BrokenWrists is offline   Reply With Quote