news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 10-13-2005, 02:26 PM   #31
Potent1
Teflon Imperial

Potent1 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Potent1
Default Re: Interesting facts...

^^ sounds about rye for ODB! lol!
Potent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 PM   #32
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

This is a story with some interesting word of mouth facts:

Today I was talking with some co-workers about the nastiest jobs we've been assigned to. My Captain said that when he was a Lance Corporal in Saudi, he was assigned to clean the toilets. When he went in the stall to clean it there was solid waste everywhere. On the lid, on the floor, everywhere. The same thing for all the other stalls too. So he just sucked it up and cleaned the mess up for the first couple of days. After that he asked his Sergeant what the deal was. Come to find out the civlian Saudi workers (all Saudis) have a custom to stand up when they do #2. After they found that out, they assigned them to one stall. He also said that they don't use toilet paper. They received in their country brief not to shake their left hand, cause they take their fingers and whipe their butts with them. They rinse them off with a water spigot.

Now I don't have anything against my Brothers of that culture, I'm just passing along an interesting story.

Take it easy
Peace

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #33
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

^^^^eeek

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 PM   #34
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Killing with kindness.

I would start a thread in KTL, but I don't think it's worth it.

The Americas was primarily conquered by friendship and kindness. The colonist were helpless to certain extents. The Natives being trading people for centuries accepted them as friends. They fed them and taught them how to work their land. They even accepted their customs and religion, allowed their women to marry their men, etc. After some odd years more and more colonist came until the land couldn't support the Natives anymore. The great push began. This isn't the account of one isolated incident, but an average acount of places like San Salvador, Plymouth, Jamestown, Fort Defiance, the list goes on.

I see how when different cultures start to dominate others, especially the new dominating the elder, a trend of destruction seems to follow. I see that in so many places today. From poor communities with businesses coming in without the people's interest in their best interest, to invading countries, and slave cultures. I just wanted to speak on this right quick. It's about love and understanding.

Sometimes the kindness of a person can kill her/him. It's been done for years on end. The Native people of the Americas biggest mistake to me was not learning the common ways of their savage new guests. Sometimes (so called) integration isn't the best route. Think about it...

Take it easy Brothers and Sisters
I'ma chill with my family now,
Peace

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Old 10-13-2005, 09:33 PM   #35
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

^^^

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:13 AM   #36
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Thanks alot Big Brother Black Wisdom for that - i learned alot

and to Mash PG

good stuff man

yall keep growing

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:50 AM   #37
Kriszy Substance
And in the end..?

Kriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom
This is a story with some interesting word of mouth facts:

Come to find out the civlian Saudi workers (all Saudis) have a custom to stand up when they do #2. After they found that out, they assigned them to one stall. He also said that they don't use toilet paper. They received in their country brief not to shake their left hand, cause they take their fingers and whipe their butts with them. They rinse them off with a water spigot.

Peace
^^This is fact for sure. It's like that in India too. I lived there for a couple years and that is the way they do it. The left hand over there is way worse than the middle finger here. You dont put your left hand on the dinner table nor do you touch people or make gestures in general with your left hand. I guess, at least they must know it's nasty!

Another weird thing I remember from India was the ferris wheel I saw at a carnival I went to.... a ferris wheel, big, like the ones we have...only they didn't use motors, they used people. These crazy motherfuckers would jump, swing and climb from bar to bar in perfect synchronicity so that the ferris wheel turned continuosly or stopped when needed. Nuts!

Although some facts are not facts, these things are fun to talk about. Thanks to BlackWisdom, MaShPG and Os3y3ris for the interesting thread. Lots of Love!

www.myspace.com/kriszysubstance

Kriszy Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 AM   #38
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

That ferris wheel shit is off the hook. Wow.
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:18 AM   #39
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

^Yeah.

Take it easy
Peace

Old 10-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #40
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

WOW...thanks
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote