news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 01-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #16
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Hip hop music has been getting waxed since at least the 70s, this is like the 5th decade where you can go purchase hip hop music at a store, its not just some new fad. Of course it will still be relevant.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #17
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by june181972 View Post
You bringing up the Malcolm X movie is actually another good example of how the different forms of media are manipulated to effect the consumers perception.
somehow i don't think spike lee sees it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
apparently, admiral krumple will still be relevant 100 years from now
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=113557

and "african american" is a white political term.
black is what people in the real world use. lol
to be honest i don't like the term african american either. black is the regular term. but june is trying to claim black is more accurate linguistically or logically and thats false.

i have never met a black person. i know some brown people though. african american for black americans is actually more accurate since they have (mostly) african heritage and live in america.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
june181972
Cream of the Corp

june181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
somehow i don't think spike lee sees it that way.
If the movie Malcolm X is how Spike Lee "sees" Malcolm's life, then we can't put much stock in how Spike Lee "sees" anything.
Real quick, another MAJOR historical inaccuracy: Louis Farrakhan was Malcolm's under-study and close friend, zero mention of him in the film. I implore you to read between the lines here.

Quote:
to be honest i don't like the term african american either. black is the regular term. but june is trying to claim black is more accurate linguistically or logically and thats false.
No, Black is more accurate scientifically. There is no brown person without 1st having a Black person. When 2 Black people mate, there is a 1 in four chance that the offspring comes out brown. Over time and through the countless instances of mating, different skin colors come about. (not to go into this too much)
Quote:
i have never met a black person. i know some brown people though. african american for black americans is actually more accurate since they have (mostly) african heritage and live in america.
I don't know what part of the world you are from or are in, but over here in the greater metropolitan area of New York City, every kind of human being is represented. It's nothing to see a jet Black person; literally Black as the Blackest part of this message board. To confine the Blackman's origins to a land mass labeled "Africa" only a few hundred years ago is historically and scientifically inaccurate. We were Black from the very beginning

P.S. My apologies for this thread taking a turn in this direction
june181972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
It's nothing to see a jet Black person; literally Black as the Blackest part of this message board.
then post a picture of one you fuckin bullshit artist

Quote:
P.S. My apologies for this thread taking a turn in this direction
not your fault that i felt like arguing.

spike lee is a filmmaker not a documentarian, if he changed a few details it wasn't because he secretly hates black people.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #20
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
spike lee is a filmmaker not a documentarian,
not true, he's both.

when the levees broke comes to mind first, but he's done a couple docs.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

aiight yeah my point was malcolm x wasn't a documentary. jesus.