news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #31
BISHOP BLOODSHOT
85 %ER

BISHOP BLOODSHOT Sinister snakeBISHOP BLOODSHOT Sinister snake

^ "if i were to hear him spit them like he just woke up over mediocre beats ill find it boring music is suppose to be entertaining too you know"

Ok so again beats and flow is the problem, thanks for clearing it up, AGAIN.
Let me enlighten you, the gza has stated that he is all about lyrics. The lyrics is the key to fully appreciate the Gza for who he is and what he does. There are tons of niggas in the game who try to impress with hyped up verses, but Gza passed that stage a long time ago. Nigga feel like he don't have to and i understand why.
Ive already commented on his flow up top, but if your complaints are also about "mediocre beats," on an album produced by rza, bronze, tru master, arabian and bink than whatever for you.
Also, I'm not saying you should like his shit, I'm just defending the nigga because he gets to much criticism from niggas like you complaining about "uninteresting drums" on a fuckin Gza album for fucks sake.
BISHOP BLOODSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #32
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i already told you i appreciate gzas lyrics as one of the greatest lyricists in the game, i just think his recent music is boring, what the fuck are you trying to convince me of that i dont already fully grasp ??

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 02-22-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Mumm Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #33
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Lyrics & flow are not enough to garner a good album. You have to appeal to both ends of lyrical junkies & producer heads, if not its like only winning half the battle.

"but if your complaints are also about "mediocre beats," on an album produced by rza, bronze, tru master, arabian and bink than whatever for you"

and frankly just because these guys are on a GZA album doesnt = success. They've all produced garbage in the past, Bink! isnt even on this album. Both Arabian's contributions are far cries from his earlier work with GZA, RZA produced an OK Newman sample (barely did anything to it), Tru Master's work here GREAT with Alphabets but drops a head scratcher w/ Plates. I cant say shit on Bronze, he was ill on Tools.
Jin10304 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #34
BISHOP BLOODSHOT
85 %ER

My nigga hip hop is a lyrical game, if you really appreciate his lyrics you wouldn't think his music boring, you would realize it for what it is which is challenging, complex, witty, no nonsense real life shit, hard and mind blowing. His flow is intentional for you to realize that, but you don't. Gza is trying to leave an impression on you, some get it some don't. For some Gangsta Hip Hop engulfs the lives of its listeners and brainwashes them in to senseless, wanna be thugs with no respect for themselves, women or their parents. Im sure you are aware. Its all in the Gza's lyrics, that's why i said the nigga aint just rapping, hes schooling you and if you find it boring than you don't grasp the idea, concept or artistry of the Genius and therefore wont appreciate it. Got it?
Some beats are mediocre, but for the most part they are really good. pencil, alphabets, ground breaking, 7 pounds, firehouse are all better than average. 0% beat was dope on Legend and is better on Pro i think.
You right Jin, i meant to say black milk and i forgot to mention Math. And for what it is the album was a success.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #35
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
you don't grasp the idea, concept or artistry of the Genius and therefore wont appreciate it. Got it?
the thing is i do...and i simply dont like what i grasp. different opinions...how are you not able to handle this? you do understand that you might as well be telling me i dont appreciate the complexity of carrots simply because i dont like the taste?

if a down syndrome kid read gza lyrics over rza beats i wouldnt like it either, capiche??
Old 02-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #36
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

^LOL

Quote:
My nigga hip hop is a lyrical game, if you really appreciate his lyrics you wouldn't think his music boring, you would realize it for what it is which is challenging, complex, witty, no nonsense real life shit, hard and mind blowing
kind of retarded if the lyrics arent being said with energy to make you believe he even cares about what hes saying.

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
airmax
Banned

airmax Village Idiot

true..i'd rather hear a standard emcee wit a dope delivery than a great emcee wit a poor delivery..and to be honest gza is one of da best lyricists but your not gona learn alot listening to one of his albums
airmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #38
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

BISHOP BLOODSHOT is being a self-righteous jerkoff and it's annoying. Take that willful ignorance of other people's opinions to KTL.

GZA was being lazy on the album when it came to everything except writing the lyrics.

The album as a whole has no flow or theme and the production is subpar with the exception of a few tracks, especially in comparison to his other albums.

If it came with a lyric booklet, that would get a 5/5. Sorry, not everyone accepts work from an artists who's capable of better.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #39
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

so none of you got the BSBD remix of 0% FINANCE!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!

at times GZA sounds real crisp like LIFE IS A MOVIE and ALPHABETS problem is its like he recorded the whole thing over a case of beer in one night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GZA needs to start carrying smelling salt when recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesnt have to be salt either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #40
BISHOP BLOODSHOT
85 %ER

Ok mumm ra you made your point and these 2 as well, gza cant flow has no delivery and no energy. Hes an old man and should retire becasue he sounds dead on the mic. His glory days are behind him. Nigga should write books instead.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #41
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^yeah because that's what we're all saying.

are you serious with this shit? dude made a weak (by his standards), albeit decent album, and people just want him to step his game up on his next release. stop exaggerating, fool.

angry!...the remix used to be on youtube, but it's gone now...hopefully somebody has it on mp3

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 02-22-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #42
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post
so none of you got the BSBD remix of 0% FINANCE!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!

at times GZA sounds real crisp like LIFE IS A MOVIE and ALPHABETS problem is its like he recorded the whole thing over a case of beer in one night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GZA needs to start carrying smelling salt when recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesnt have to be salt either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's true...about 1/2 the album, his delivery is on point and then the other 1/2 sound like demos.

didn't he even say in an interview that 'paper plates' was a demo or am I making excuses for mr. grice?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #43
BISHOP BLOODSHOT
85 %ER

^ Its true he was rushed to make it, but for something that was rushed and recorded in less than a week i think its great. His writting is better now than it was before and not every album needs a theme. And the flow is there, you just don't like it. Im not trying to convince people to like the album, whatever. Sombody made this thread and i agree and im defending the point just like your and others insistance on gza being lazy, old, no flow etc.