news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
I listened to the album, and I like her voice. I'd rather see a whole album of mostly somber, melancholy songs from her, instead of some of that pop like Katy Perry/Kesha type stuff that was thrown in there. Though I know that wouldn't appeal to the public as much.
^This.
If you want something somber, slightly similar, you should get your hands on Susanne Sundfør's The Brothel.

The way I see it, Lana Del Rey is a decent artist with an enormous amount of talent. If she finds her own musical expression instead of becoming another pop sensation riding every trend that comes along (j.lo, britney+, I think she'll have a bright future. Her voice is great (yes, it is that great, wera) and now that her name is huge, she shouldn't really need trends to sell millions(look at Adele, sometimes just making great music is the best way to do it). What slightly ruins the album for me is how uneven it is. It starts of amazing with the first four tracks, then Diet Mountain Dew & National Anthem comes right after each other and at that point I have a hard time continuing listening to the album every time I've tried to listen to it in it's entirety.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote