news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Neo Geo game sells for $30,000

Think today's video games are expensive?

They've got nothing on this ordinary-looking mid-90s Neo Geo game. It just sold for a staggering $30,000, reports Kotaku, making it quite possibly the most valuable game on the platform.

The recipient of the $30,000 (or thereabouts; he's understandably reticent with the precise amount) was one Michael DiCioccio, a serious Neo Geo collector, and the game in question is Aero Fighters 3, the American-market version of Sonic Wings 3, a Japanese shooter released in 1995 in arcades and on the Neo Geo.
Sonic Wings 3 isn't a particularly expensive game by collector standards, being readily available around the $50-100 mark. But copies of Aero Fighters 3 are a tad more valuable, it turns out. The vast price differential is attributable, says Kotaku, to the fact that although a handful of copies of the U.S. version of the game were produced, they were never actually released to stores, and have been sitting locked away in a storage unit for the past decade and a half.

DiCioccio found out about the existence of the hoard from a former employee of Neo Geo maker SNK, and somehow -- details here are a little unclear, but we fondly imagine him hanging from a ceiling, Mission Impossible-style -- was able to get hold of two of them. Once confirmed as authentic, he sold one (in a Pittsburgh airport, as it happens) for the aforementioned 30 grand.

Want one for yourself? The second copy is for sale, DiCioccio says — but only to "a serious party who is interested in owning a piece of history…acquiring this game will not be cheap."

We don't think he's kidding.

-http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/classic-neo-geo-game-sells-30-000-224135758.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

wtf thats fucking insanely retarded

neo geo games are fun tho

wind jammers, i forget what the horse racing game one is called, and best of all baseball stars 2 is dope as hell, probably my fav baseball game

when you hit someone in that game if they're a big guy they go up and punch ur pitcher and you have to pull him

defense works like in rbi baseball where you move everyone on your team by moving in one direction... its basically an rbi baseball game on steroids, but also you can use about 8-15 upgrades from your bat to metal bats during an at bat

only can use four pitchers... i highly recommend playing this on a mame emulator if you have someone to play with who likes older games. real solid engine

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm not gonna lie, I suck at computers and MAME confuses the shit out of me.

Otherwise I'd be using all the time.

I really don't understand anything about it.

And to the topic, Neo-Geo junk was grossly overpriced back in the day but this is idiotic.

The retard who dropped 30K on a cartrage should kill themself.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

yeah neo geo was fucking ridiculous. the cost of those games would make the games of today seem like bargain basement prices. this was 20 years ago.

a neo geo system went for a grand back in the early 90s and games were 250 a pop.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Right, the pricepoint for that stuff was unachievable for most, especially in the mid 90's.

Not a justified purchase at all, unless your parents were stupid rich.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

I know for other emulators you just need the bios in order for it to run, I'll ask my brother about the MAME for you Dan when I see him tomorrow. Maybe I can get some written instructions for you.

RIP
Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

seems like they no longer have the gui version of MAME, you gotta run from command prompt and i dont know shit about that.

nvmd, just found a version with a gui.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 03-01-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Conner View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I suck at computers and MAME confuses the shit out of me.

Otherwise I'd be using all the time.

I really don't understand anything about it.

And to the topic, Neo-Geo junk was grossly overpriced back in the day but this is idiotic.

The retard who dropped 30K on a cartrage should kill themself.
I can up you my folder which would would for you np and has a text doc ecplainin how to set up controllers n such

RIP
Old 03-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #9
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

What version did you find, been tryin to find a better one so I can play more roms from www.emuparadise.me

RIP
Old 03-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #10
THE W
ISRAELITE

google mameui64
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 03-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by saverio View Post
What version did you find, been tryin to find a better one so I can play more roms from www.emuparadise.me

I DLed MAME32 V. 0.103 because I read 64 bit versions were annoying and prone to problems.

I don't care about it anymore, it's a headache to me.

I have thin patience with computers and I'm likely to throw it out the window.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
google mameui64

did you have to use the bios too or did it run on its own? what folder did you put the bios in?

RIP
Old 03-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #13
THE W
ISRAELITE

yeah you're gonna need a bios.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

Where,did you get one

Mame or neo geo?

RIP