news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default Odd Future - OF Tape Vol. 2

1. Hi.
2. Bitches (feat. Domo Genesis & Hodgy Beats)
3. NY (Ned Flander) [feat. Hodgy Beats & Tyler, The Creator]
4. Ya Know (feat. The Internet)
5. Forest Green (feat. Mike G)
6. Lean (feat. Hodgy Beats & Domo Genesis)
7. Analog 2 (feat. Tyler, The Creator, Frank Ocean & Syd)
8. 50 (feat. MellowHype)
9. Snow White (feat. Hodgy Beats & Frank Ocean)
10. Rella (feat. Hodgy Beats, Domo Genesis & Tyler, The Creator)
11. Real Bitch (feat. MellowHype & Taco)
12. P (feat. Hodgy Beats & Tyler, The Creator)
13. White (feat. Frank Ocean)
14. Hcapd (feat. Domo Genesis, Hodgy Beats & Tyler, The Creator)
15. Sam (Is Dead) [feat. Domo Genesis & Tyler, The Creator]
16. Doms (feat. Domo Genesis)
17. We Got Bitches (feat. Tyler, The Creator, Taco & Jasper Dolphin)
18. Oldie (feat. Odd Future)

yeah

thoughts? hate?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

DL'ing it now. i'll be back with a review tonight after i blaze some purp and zone out on it.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
EAGLE EYE
Operation Guillotine

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

FAGG0ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

now usually i dont do this, but uh, go head and break em off with a little bit of that track by track breakdown

1 -- Hi.
intro.

2 -- Bitches
i spent this whole track waiting for the real beat to start. this shit is basic and boring. The lyrics kinda match that. domo genesis has a few bars and a pretty good flow, but can’t carry much by himself, and hodgy is probably the overall wackest in OF

3 -- NY
sounds like a goblin leftover. nothing really draws you in to make you wanna listen to this.

4 -- Ya Know
the internet have the best production and most rounded song-making on the tape (to this point). definitely seems like non-rapping OF >> rapping OF. i don’t love this track, but it’s a good enough song.

5 -- forest green
mike g has a pretty nice flow. he’s not rappity-rap and not on some ‘rape your grandma’ shit either. beat is nothing special but he rides it right

6 -- lean
another hodgy & domo collab on this one. the beat is a lot better than earlier. some of the bars are real weak though, and neither of these dudes really have mic presence

7 -- analog 2
frank ocean can sing. that doesn’t detract from the ass nature of this song. tyler sleepwalks through it

8 -- 50
the beat is on some soundclick shit, and the dude spitting is trying too hard to “body” the beat and ends up sounding mad unconvincing and corny

9 -- snow white
beat is the typical OF mix of menacing and futuristic-trippy. shit got some creep to it, though. hodgy sounds good on this. not dropping heat, but his flow is pretty good here. frank ocean sounds *completely* out of place on the hook though

10 -- rella
one of the better beats to this point, if only cuz it’s got a little hair on the chest. tyler’s the only one who can ride this beat, though, with hodgy & domo sounding young and frightened

11 -- real bitch
absolutely awful song. beat sucks, lyrics suck, hook sucks, attempt at singing sucks, attempt at humor sucks, etc

12 -- P
this is okay. typical OF song. dark beat and teenage rappers. tyler again shines, but to quote guru it’s mostly tha voice (he gains no appeal from spitting about lunchables). also, he has better lyrics than the bullshit like this from hodgy: “you niggas real square, madison.” sheesh

13 - white
frank ocean solo. if you dont like hearing him croon, there’s nothing here for you. shit bores me personally, especially with nothing special behind it

14 -- hcad
beat isn’t bad, but definitely isn’t flames. it’s passable. this one also has a bit more rawness to it than some other cuts, but the rawness feels earned. another mearly listenable song.

15 -- sam (is dead)
another track that meets all the standard OF requirements. it’s complimented by a terrible hook and cringe-inducing tyler verse.

16 -- doms
tough beat. bars are lightwork.

17 -- we got bitches
this is supposed to be a joke but it’s really unfunny. i guess i could be talking about most of odd future with that last sentance, but it’s especially clear to see with this song.

18 -- oldie
i wish all OF beats were like this. shit sounds dusty as fuck and each part of it gets to breathe a little bit. this is the kinda shit you can actually do some emcee shit to, if you want. it also features a guest verse from earl -- his only showing -- and once again proves why he’s the only member of this crew worth checking for (especially in a ten-minute posse cut).

CONCLUSION
this sounds like a tape made of songs that got cut from other projects. most of it is bland and repetitive. if you’ve heard the other OF tapes, it’s more of the same; if you haven’t, you’d be better off checking out some earlier wolf gang shit to hear their best efforts. none of these songs (except maybe a DJ-edited version of the final one) will make it to my ipod, so that pretty much tells you what you need to know.

GRADE --- 1/5
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
Banned

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Sinister snakeG.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Sinister snakeG.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Sinister snakeG.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Sinister snake
Send a message via AIM to G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Send a message via MSN to G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Send a message via Yahoo to G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Send a message via Skype™ to G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.O.B. PT 3 View Post
FAGG0ts

Thats not what your dumb ass sister said last night when she sucked all of our dicks and we ran a train on the dumb bitch. Now pull up your pants you dumb coon because no one wants to see that nasty pussy hole of yours you coon.
G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
EAGLE EYE
Operation Guillotine

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. View Post
Thats not what your dumb ass sister said last night when she sucked all of our dicks and we ran a train on the dumb bitch. Now pull up your pants you dumb coon because no one wants to see that nasty pussy hole of yours you coon.
You look like kony's big toe with a dash of sickle cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
Banned

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Sinister snakeG.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Sinister snakeG.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Sinister snakeG.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Sinister snake
Send a message via AIM to G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Send a message via MSN to G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Send a message via Yahoo to G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. Send a message via Skype™ to G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.

^Is that all you got you bitch made nigga? Like I said it that one thread, me, check two and that fat coon Jehovalla whatever the fuck his name is will rob your punk ass.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

thread went to shit in less than 10 posts. success?
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
Banned

This is how Odd Future acts in the studios son. We are imitating great art.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'd say the wackest member overall is Taco.

Sure it's funny to hear him talk shit on skits or whatnot, but when he actually tries rapping it's horrible.

But he's not really even a rapper like that, even if he thinks he is.

He's just the slow kid they keep around because he says crazy shit.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^taco says he's not a rapper or can rap at all.

i gave this about 3 listens... its a "eh" and i'm a fan. i expected more but i think these ARE leftovers. OF will be dropping a shitload of solo projects this spring and summer. so this may just be a buildup to those. idk
Old 03-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Sounds about right.

I don't think I'm all that interested in a leftovers tape.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
rakimkoolgrapwutang
Yakub's Greatest Mathlete

rakimkoolgrapwutang shaolin monk

OF makes me cry and this sounds like their worst stuff. it must b truly horribly on a catastrophic scale

ATTEMPTING TO COMBINE SUPREME MATHEMATICS WITH BINGO NUMBERS....
rakimkoolgrapwutang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Ok now that I drank a lil bit and smoked some sour, I can tune into their frequency. This album is ignant as shit. In a good way. I'm biased but this is worth throwing 70% of it in the iTunes. Still ain't touching the respective solo projects from OF. But it's still worth the free99 I paid for the DL.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...iew-on-hot-97/

lolol tyler is still probably the most annoying person ever.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote