news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Obie Trice / Eminem / Statik Selektah - "Richard"

from Obie Trice's upcoming album "Bottoms Up". goddamn, Em MURDERED this shit. always good to hear him on some real hip-hop beats, he needs to bring some shit like this for his next album. Obie was always pretty underrated too, i need to dust off his debut album - i remember it was pretty damn dope and also had Eminem's best production.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 AM   #3
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Never heard this before, thanks for posting. It's ok, dunno about Em murdering it though! When's the album out? Definatly right about his first album being dope though, Em murdered these tracks on Obie's debut, think he produced both of them too -

hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rame View Post
lol, damn forgot to post the link to the actual track.. thanks man, haven't found a download link yet so if anyone got it pls post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
Never heard this before, thanks for posting. It's ok, dunno about Em murdering it though! When's the album out? Definatly right about his first album being dope though, Em murdered these tracks on Obie's debut, think he produced both of them too -

it's not the best Em verse i've heard but i think his flow was sick as fuck on this and it's always a blessing to hear him on more traditional hip-hop beats than we heard on "Recovery" and without all the gimmicks we heard on much of "Relapse" (which had incredible production btw).

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #5
JakobR
SHAOLIN STUDENT

JakobR drunken mastaJakobR drunken masta

Thought this song was pretty aimless and messy constructed flow wise. Beat isn't all that either although I'm glad he is aware of Statik selektah's production (which is usually brilliant).

I can't even remember a post-recovery song where he actually came up with a decent concept for a song and executed it properly. He needs to get rid of this whole Shady persona and start expanding his mind a bit for a while... Honestly, there is a million songs about women and lately quite a few of them has been awful.

Better than his verse on Yelawolf's album but that's not saying much, sadly.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
without all the gimmicks we heard on much of "Relapse" (which had incredible production btw).

that album is severely underrated. one of the better albums to come out in the past 5 years.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

WACK beat and one of the worst eminem verses of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember when em could flow like this!?!?!?!!?!?!!?

still wanna hear this obie album obie is dope...

CHEERS >>> slaughterhouse and yelasuck
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

i like this. not a typical statik selektah beat if you ask me. obie trice went for a bread and potatoes flow, where em went with his rapid fire shit. i fucks with it though -- the rhyme scheme is intricate enough that it makes up for some of the weaker lines. but word, if em spit like this on his new album, i definitely wouldnt be mad (i mean, i probably would be, but less mad than after recovery).

and on relapse, the beats on that album are crazy and there's some good straight up eminem tracks on that bitch. but it's still nothing more than a decent/mediocre album
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
White_Mouse
student of the culture

White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to White_Mouse Send a message via Yahoo to White_Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashashin View Post

that second track was one of the hardest tracks I've heard in a minute, hadn't heard it before thanks for the link dude
White_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

why does Obie sound exactly like wackass Jay-Z?
Old 03-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
tombstone
SLIMEY SAVAGE

tombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkeytombstone iron monkey

when did em turn into silkk the shocker?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

lol jay-z ft. silkk the shocker - richard