news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth > Audio Tips & Tricks

Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #16
Caper
REAPER CREW

Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I love all three. It depends on how comfortable you are with them. pretty much anything works as long as you have vsts. reason i have to say is a complete production studio out the box. Fl Studio is great too and its very easy for anyone to learn. Protools is good too but all these software will sound shitty if your equipment sux.
Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #17
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

so flstudio is the better
Old 01-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #18
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

^naw man, like everyone said it just what you are comfortable using.

software mostly comes down to the VSTs you use and shit. but to be honest, i dont really use any, and i think i do okay.

so like i said, its how you use what you got. limiting yourself can make you expand your creativity, just look at Pete Rock on the SP1200.

try em out, and which ever is most comfortable and fluid for you to use. i personally have come to like FL Studio once i got the hang of it and how to manipulate sound so it doesnt come out to digitized.

i think FL just has a nice work flow

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #19
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

What separates pro tools from reason and fl studio is the way it functions. The result is that only in pro tools you will have exactly the same sound when you render your song and when you play it in program(Have you ever had a situation when you render your beat and have to go back to program to fix some levels or something).?

That's why all professional studios in the world use either pro tools or logic. So if you go for mixing and mastering pro tools is a way to go. Even if you just mix hip hop which has much lesser channels than other genres of music.

For the beatmaking (what we all use daw's for) fl is my choice because it is simple and much better than cubase or nuendo when it comes to visibility and practical use. Not to mention reason which has nice vst's but it is pain in the ass to use it. And fl has really good sample editor(edison) much better tham cubase or sound forge for cutting samples.

It all depends for what you need and what you're used to in the end. But if i need something to mix and process vocals i would definitely use cubase or pro tools over fl.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #20
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

im gonna cop an NI Maschine + included daw as soon as possible and ill let yall know how it is. after much research im 110% sold on buying one
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
grt05
PRODIGAL SUN

grt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
im gonna cop an NI Maschine + included daw as soon as possible and ill let yall know how it is. after much research im 110% sold on buying one
Any updates? Looking into getting the same.
grt05 is offline   Reply With Quote