news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #9106
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Just how bad are the Charlotte Bobcats?

They had a home game today against the Celtics.

Kevin Garnett did not play.
Paul Pierce did not play.
Ray Allen did not play.

Result? Celtics by 12. lol
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #9107
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka Bombah View Post
Just how bad are the Charlotte Bobcats?

They had a home game today against the Celtics.

Kevin Garnett did not play.
Paul Pierce did not play.
Ray Allen did not play.

Result? Celtics by 12. lol
Jordan's going to play for them next season, and be the first owner/player

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #9108
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

RIP to NBA great Dwayne Schintzius

In the end, former NBA journeyman center Dwayne Schintzius will probably be remembered most for boasting easily the most outrageous mullet in basketball history, and you get the feeling he never had a problem with that. Schintzius, who passed away on Sunday after a two-year long battle with leukemia, boasted a bodacious hairdo that he speculated led to a trade that cost him a prime gig backing up David Robinson on the San Antonio Spurs in 1990. And like Oscar Gamble's afro or Rollie Fingers' handlebar mustache, Schintzius more or less perfected his particular style.

Unlike Fingers, and to a lesser extent Gamble, Schintzius was never a game-changer on the court. Playing with the Spurs, Kings, Celtics, Clippers, Pacers and Nets during his nine-year career, he never averaged more than the 3.8 points per game he managed during that rookie year with the Spurs, finishing with career summations of 2.7 points, 2.5 rebounds and half a block in just nine minutes a contest.

Of course, the contests were never the thing for Schintzius. Though he was a McDonald's All-American in 1986 and managed big numbers during his four years at the University of Florida, he never seemed to take the game as seriously as the game's "protectors" seemed to want to take it. As evidenced by this clip (pun intended, because that's probably what Schintzius would have said) from Eric Freeman's take on the Great Mulletgate of 1990:

Former University of Florida basketball center Dwayne Schintzius, of Brandon High, was the NBA draft's 24th overall pick in 1990. He liked the San Antonio Spurs and anticipated a long career there. But Spurs general manager Bob Bass didn't care for Schintzius' "lobster'' hairstyle.

"He told me to cut it,'' Schintzius said. "So I got it cut and sent him the shavings in an envelope. I'm not sure he appreciated that. And then, away I went.''

The hair grew back, as it usually does, to a career-length of way, way past his ears, but Schintzius' game never made the same strides. He hardly seemed deterred after the NBA took a pass on him starting in the 2000-01 season, playing overseas and even for one season in the startup D-League during 2001-02, but the writing was on the wall.

Still, Schintzius got out of it what he could. Though he was Florida-born and bred, Schintzius traded in on his sturdy looks and 7-2 frame to act as the stereotypical lunkheaded Eastern European center, in the 1996 movie "Eddie." The characterization may not have aged well, but it was a cute acting turn that also allowed Schintzius to parlay his talents in a series of pretty damn strange commercials for something.

After repeated viewings, we're still not sure what he was endorsing:

Schintzius was diagnosed with leukemia three years ago, and after what then appeared to be a successful bone marrow transplant with his younger brother acting as donor, he seemed to be back on his way toward a healthy second life. The cancer returned, though, and a second transplant from his brother did not change the diagnosis. The Tampa Tribune reported that his particular strain of leukemia was "an uncommon blood cancer that affects only three in 100,000 individuals in the United States each year."

Sad, but fitting. Uncommon, just like the big center. Rest in peace, big man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #9109
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

RIP. That was one epic fucking mullet!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #9110
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

He should have knocked that weirdo out

Quote:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #9111
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Rest In peace.

I never heard of him

Old 04-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #9112
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Got owned by the Nets earlier in the year at home.
Got gollywomped by the Blazers who had just traded their best players at the deadline at home.
Took an L to the fucking Rockets at home.
And lost to the dumb ass Wizards who were without Trevor Booker and Nene at home?

Tell us all about how scared we are of the little engine that could some more.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #9113
check two
N.I.

Who's Trevor Booker?

Quote:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #9114
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Wouldn't expect you to have any idea lol.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #9115
check two
N.I.

I know most of the NBA D league players also, so he must be really talented.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #9116
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

Never heard of him either.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #9117
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

It's no coincidence that a Heat fan would want to only talk about home games. It's also funny to hear a Heat fan talk about regular season games period. I thought they didn't matter?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #9118
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

I wouldn't expect you YahooSports.Com main headline reading ass niggas to know about up and comers who aren't force fed by the sports media.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #9119
check two
N.I.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #9120
hectis
Vic

hmm, did he really?