news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default [Stream LP] Norah Jones / Danger Mouse

Brilliant singer-songwriter Norah Jones has completed her latest album "...Little Broken Hearts". Maybe the biggest suprise is that Brian Burton, better known as Danger Mouse, is handling the LP:s production its entirety. well maybe it's not that suprising considering she was one of two guest stars who was invited to sing on DM's last album; the collaboration with orchestra and string arranger Danielle Luppi so i guess it's a favor for a favor.

it's kinda cool though cuz Norah Jones is one of my dad's favorite singers of today and Danger Mouse is one of my favorite producers, at least the most versatile. The album will hit stores on May 1 but Jones and the label heads have decided to put up the entire album for a HQ stream over @ NPR (man, i love that site bc of stuff like this; they did the same for the latest DJ Shadow's, John Zorn's, and I think Beastie Boys plus of course a lot of others). aight, nuff talk - head over there and enjoy some eclectic Danger Mouse produced Norah Jones love stories:

"...These songs delve into deep, dark matters of betrayal and loss and address them in myriad ways, from the wounded grace of "She's 22" to the vengeful hurt of "Miriam." Along the way, Jones coos and struts her way through a handful of crackerjack pop songs: "Say Goodbye," the smoothly sinister title track and the single "Happy Pills" all meet at the midpoint between Jones' past work and the fizzy pop Burton makes with Broken Bells. Always more versatile than most people think, Jones fits all of this smart material to perfection, marking her second decade as a star while making her sound cooler and more unflappably sophisticated than ever."

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/15/150302373/first-listen-norah-jones-little-broken-hearts

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote