news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Which MC did you prefer on Cannibal Ox's 'The Cold Vein'?
Vast Aire 17 51.52%
Vordul Mega 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #31
Charles Barry
Cranberry Grenades

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Last I heard, someone on Twitter or something, had mentioned Vordul was out in the streets asking for money. It's a damn shame, because I really dig Vordul's solo work.

I read an interview with Vordul, Megagraphitti was created in span of 8 years, started even before Cold Vein dropped.
That's really sad to hear if it's true. Vordul disappeared for a while though, so it really wouldn't surprise me. Vordul and Vast have two of the most unique styles in the game, they meshed together beautifully on the Cold Vein. I haven't really heard an album that reminded me of it since. Hopefully Vordul can get his stuff together if he's going through hard times. Hate to see a talented cat like that down and out.

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #32
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Barry View Post
That's really sad to hear if it's true. Vordul disappeared for a while though, so it really wouldn't surprise me. Vordul and Vast have two of the most unique styles in the game, they meshed together beautifully on the Cold Vein. I haven't really heard an album that reminded me of it since. Hopefully Vordul can get his stuff together if he's going through hard times. Hate to see a talented cat like that down and out.

Could not have said it better myself.

Here's the interview I was referring to, if any of y'all are interested:

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/feature.php?i=41&s=67

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #33
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

vordul has chronic depression issues which is why he hasnt been more active

listen to his verses, you can feel the pain in just about every vordul verse ever written
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #34
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
vast even named his last lp ox, so he must wanna bring it back.
To Vast, Can OX is him and Vordul, and last I heard he couldn't stand El-P and said he "hadn't made a banger in X years"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #35
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

i've always preferred vordul over vast
Old 12-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #36
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

VORDUL WAS DOPE ON THAT ALBUM I HEARD HES A BUM ON THE STREETS NOW ASKIN FOR DOLLAs

VAST AIRE WAS SICK TOO, VAST AIRE GETS MY VOTE SINCE HES MORE ORGINIAL

THAT VAST VERSE IS THE REASON I DECIDED TO CHECK OUT CANIBAL OX

VORDUL DID DOPE TOO

MY FAVORITE TRACK

Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 12-25-2011 at 11:18 PM.
CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #37
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Vordul's still making music, this is from late 2011. He has numerous features from the past couple of years, but I'm finding they're pretty difficult to track down. Billy Wood's History Will Absolve Me features Vordul on 'The Darkness' and Keith Masters' Bioluminescence EP features Vordul on a couple tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
listen to his verses, you can feel the pain in just about every vordul verse ever written
I agree 100%.

Last edited by Young Gun; 05-01-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote