news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: How You Rate?
Classic 33 66.00%
Great 15 30.00%
Average 1 2.00%
Shit 0 0%
Dipset 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #31
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

One of my favorite albums of all-time.

Two brilliant MCs helmed a classic LP with synergistic beats and a grimey attitude an asthetic that are yet to be rivaled.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #32
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

I literally listen to this album every day. If I go to play one track, I end up playing it front to back. I can't help it; it's that damn good.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #33
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

I've been bumping this recently. Good stuff. I'm starting to think this is better than Enta Da Stage...am I alone on this?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #34
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
I've been bumping this recently. Good stuff. I'm starting to think this is better than Enta Da Stage...am I alone on this?
I could never get into Enta Da Stage, I'm with you on that.

I'd say it goes:

Nocturnal
Dah Shinin'
Enta Da Stage

Old 03-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #35
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
I could never get into Enta Da Stage, I'm with you on that.

I'd say it goes:

Nocturnal
Dah Shinin'
Enta Da Stage
I like Enta Da Stage, but I'm not big into those repetitive shouted choruses. Nocturnal doesn't have any of that.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #36
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@KJR thinks Nocturnal is better than Enta Da Stage hahahahahahaha. Enta Da Stage is better than Nocturnal. Black Moon's How Many MC's, Ack Like You Want It, Enta Da Stage and Powaful Impak songs are better than the whole Nocturnal album LOL.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #37
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
LOL@KJR thinks Nocturnal is better than Enta Da Stage hahahahahahaha. Enta Da Stage is better than Nocturnal. Black Moon's How Many MC's, Ack Like You Want It, Enta Da Stage and Powaful Impak songs are better than the whole Nocturnal album LOL.
Music is subjective bro, don't need to be a condescending dick about it.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #38
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

If Hell had a soundtrack, Nocturnal would be it. The track Sean Price alone puts me in an entirely different world, makes it feel like 1996.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #39
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
If Hell had a soundtrack, Nocturnal would be it. The track Sean Price alone puts me in an entirely different world, makes it feel like 1996.
Yeah man, this album has a totally unique atmosphere. I just love spacing out and engrossing myself in its world
Old 06-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #40
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Nocturnal sucks. Their Magnum Force album is better. I Ain't Havin That song is my jam. LOL@Young Gun saying Nocturnal is better than Smif N Wessun's Da Shinin and Black Moon's Enta Da Stage albums hahahahaha.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #41
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Send a message via Skype™ to SKAMPOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
Classic... shit is ILL... one of my fav. from BCC and in all hip hop
werd up

For the GenChat pervs
SKAMPOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #42
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Yeah man, this album has a totally unique atmosphere. I just love spacing out and engrossing myself in its world

Same here. It doesn't matter the season, the album gives me chills every time. I love zoning out at night burning joints. Very unique atmosphere as you said. There's very few albums that put me in such a unique space.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #43
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Nocturnal sucks. Their Magnum Force album is better. I Ain't Havin That song is my jam. LOL@Young Gun saying Nocturnal is better than Smif N Wessun's Da Shinin and Black Moon's Enta Da Stage albums hahahahaha.

It all boils down to different tastes. Nocturnal is dense darkness that takes you on a unique trip, while Magnum Force is that party/get live joint.

The sound of Enta Da Stage and Da Shinin just didn't grab me how Nocturnal did. Nocturnal just brought that dark atmosphere I was looking for. No other album sounds how Nocturnal does to me.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #44
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Nocturnal IS better than Enta Da Stage and Dah Shinin. Granted, all three albums are great but Nocturnal is on ANOTHER level. I'm curious though Charles, I love how you stick to your guns, but can you elaborate on what makes Magnum Force better in your opinion?

For me, I felt that Ruck and Rock had MUCH better chemistry on their debut and unfortunately, the guest features on MF weighed it down and while I appreciate that they tried new things on MF, not everything they did worked well. It was slightly too long too and the skits were annoying. Nocturnal didn't need any bullshit skits.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #45
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Magnum Force was practically a Bootcamp album billed as a Heltah Skeltah release. There's 10 tracks with features, a Sean Price solo, and 5 skits. Ruck and Rock only team for 3 tracks, it all felts really overdone. The chemistry of Nocturnal is part of what makes it so great.