news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 05-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #3241
Fallen

Fallen drunken mastaFallen drunken masta

is the book life and death of superman any good
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #3242
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
me too. i recommend scalped above most.

and pandemic, incognito by brubaker & phillips. have you read it? and if so what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?

and i know im supposed to be all cynical and nitpicky. but i just read the first chunk of avengers vs xmen and i gotta say.......i enjoyed it. good jam session between writers who grew up on 80s marvel continuity and are just expanding on/playing with all that.

yes. most of these heroes are acting WAY out of character for this thing. but as far as colorful cape comics go, its a lot matchups your inner child might enjoy reading. and honestly jrjr's art is great to me. reminds me of his old x-men stuff from back in the day.
Thanks y'all, i'll check that series out.

lol "colorful cape comics"
I'll always love them first & foremost
As for Avx, i agree this series is trying to tackle those childhood "VS" debates... but personally i cant stand JRJR... he is stoic and very 1,2 structured... he reminds me of an untalented Frank Miller.

Daredevil & Uncanny X-Force is where Marvels at...
Then Justice League Dark, I-Vampire & Wonder Woman take my top 5... WW for some reason has caught my attention this time around... maybe i've just always hoped she'd have a better series to somehow justify her membership on JL.
Speaking of-- anyone read Spaceman??

Lots of good stuff tho, Amazing Spider-Man is good Swamp Thing/Animal Man is good in conjunction with 1 another... I dig Supergirl a lil too

Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #3243
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa

hey guys i need a little help does anyone know if shang-li is still a comic.. i may have the name wrong but he was a martial artist like bruce lee its been some years and i dont really keep up with comics. any help?
Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #3244
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

I havent bought a comic in about 2 months now...my pull is dusty..and realistically i wont have the motivation to catch up...

i call to you all...

what should i know about the DC universe since ive been gone and the marvel universe?

also, assuming i dropped everything...what should i pick up?
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #3245
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^that new batman, inc #1 for sure

marvel and dc are both meh to me right now with the exception of that, daredevil, and journey into mystery...most of the books i was enjoying have lost momentum or become repetitive (batman, animal man, swamp thing)

big smokes...i don't think shang-chi has had a solo ongoing series since the early 80s lol

you should be getting some of the good image stuff like saga, manhattan projects, prophet, fatale, danger club...

i've been working my way through alot of my backlog of books and backissues put i've still been copping my pull.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #3246
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smokes View Post
hey guys i need a little help does anyone know if shang-li is still a comic.. i may have the name wrong but he was a martial artist like bruce lee its been some years and i dont really keep up with comics. any help?
shang chi, master of kung fu

he doesnt have a series of his own right now.
but he had a marvel max series about 8-10 years ago. adults only title.

he was on the heroes for hire team during world war hulk.

and most recently was involved with the "secret avengers". he had a whole storyline about him last year.

i always liked that character.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #3247
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

@ dusk.
you're really not missing much.

marvels on this a vs x kick. its fun in the 9 year old "who could beat up who" sense.
but they got cap being a total commie dickhead. noone is really acting like themselves in it.

daredevils still really good though. allred's getting ready to draw an issue.
and you have a fury max mini going on by ennis & parlov. good shit.

dc's really shitty right now.
basically they're doing the pre-watchmen shit.
animal man is good, but really slowed to a crawl the past 3 issues.
i gotta say, i really enjoy aquaman. great art. action. its like a good summer movie every issue. nothing groundbreaking, but highly entertaining.

i still fucks with jl dark too. but not much going on there either.

i can see why you havent bought anything, for real. lol

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #3248
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
and you have a fury max mini going on by ennis & parlov. good shit.
forgot about this...this is worth your money
Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #3249
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wow that does sound dope^

and Panda u already kno i copped that Inc shit lmao shit was dope
Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #3250
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

u guys heard of this new MArvel Now Deal, im fearing or the worst, it sounds like the new 52, these fags are goin to combine x-men and avengers, and make a new title called "Uncanny Avengers" i pray to god this does not cause the cancellation of uncanny x-men and wolverine ad the x-men, im not to big on the avengers
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #3251
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^sounds like a good jumping off point for me
i'm guessing most of the marvel books i like are going to end anyway (uncanny x-force, journey into mystery)

you guys should be buying saga, prophet and the manhattan projects....you're fucking up if you're not
Old 07-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #3252
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

trust i feel the same way, im hopin these titles are not affected though,
mite have to start fuckin wit batman again i cut him off a few weeks bak...the dectective comics where getting weak.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #3253
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa

anyone keep up with red lantern ?
Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #3254
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

Detective Comics started weak
Old 07-13-2012, 04:17 AM   #3255
BEATSMITH RESIST
what what?

BEATSMITH RESIST iron monkeyBEATSMITH RESIST iron monkeyBEATSMITH RESIST iron monkeyBEATSMITH RESIST iron monkeyBEATSMITH RESIST iron monkey

saw a bunch of nerds all over the gaslamp 2nite...
BEATSMITH RESIST is offline   Reply With Quote