news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
dr zaius

dr zaius grasshopper
Default Studio Ghilbi created films, which is the best?

Studio Ghibli have created some of the best anime films and won some of the best awards. Renowned actors have been inloved with their works, Christian Bale (Howl, Howls moving castle) William Dafoe (Cob,Tales from earthsea) and many more.
My faveourite Ghibli film has to be princess mononoke for its amazing visual graphics and fantastic script.
Whats your favourite?!?!
dr zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
RIINě
full metal yakuza

RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

spirited away, because its the most creative imo and the fantasy is off the hook!!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
dr zaius

dr zaius grasshopper

tht is a good one but wot bout some of Miyazaki's earlier work like castle of cagliostro, laputa, which is amazing, patsu's sick and naussica!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:43 AM   #4
RIINě
full metal yakuza

RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINě Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the only Miyazaki movies ive seen are

Laputa:castle in the sky
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howls moving Castle

and i luv all of em, the art/story/fantasy/music/characters, all of that shit, dudes a masta!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
dr zaius

dr zaius grasshopper

aint wrong mate u gtta check out some of his ova works
Old 03-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i just watched his latest flick, "ponyo on a cliff" it was like miyazaki's take on the lil mermaid. awesome. the animation was incredible.

for me its a tossup between howl's moving castle and monoke

i like all of his stuff, even "kiki's delivery service" was good.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

All of them are generally sick from my experiance of watching them. I cant remember a bad one. Even if the story isnt your taste I can just sit back blaze up and enjoy the insanely stylish artwork. The storys though are normally very easy-interesting.

ive always wondered what the font was called they use in their logo?

if anyone happens to know what that is, rep
Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

Princess Mononoke hands down is the best i forever will love this film the music is perfect gripping story great english voice acting (better then the Japanese) Miyazaki most have a Godly imagination to come up with this

follow by Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind Spirited Away and Kiki Delivery Service

i like all of them there is no way anyone could hate any of his film

coincidence lately i have been watching Miyazakis work is like Miyazaki's week for me Kiki Delivery Service Princess Mononoke and right now im watching Spirited Away while at work and Laputa is next

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Spirited Away is probably his best work. As far as my personal favorite; it's probably Princess Mononoke, that's the one I return to the most it seems. I agree that there aren't any bad answers though, all of his movies are good.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
i just watched his latest flick, "ponyo on a cliff" it was like miyazaki's take on the lil mermaid. awesome. the animation was incredible.
Does somebody say 'pokemon skeet' at the end of that video or is it just me?
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.RINO View Post
spirited away, because its the most creative imo and the fantasy is off the hook!!
Ive seen all Ghibili films (including the non-Miyazaki ones) and Spirited Away remains my favorite. So many different statements that Miyazaki was conveying in this film.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
[color=white]Princess Mononoke
I didn't like this film. Couldn't get into it, I guess all the hype didn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
[color=white]Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
Really liked this one. Just beautiful, inventive designs and locations and a cool weird story.

I think Mononoke just felt too close to other animes I'd seen. It almost put me off but Ima cop some more now after seeing Nausicaa and Spirited. Whats the next one I should check out?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #13
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Miyazaki is a master. im all about 2D animation so i give this guy huge respects one of the best to do it.. i prefer to watch foreign language films with subs tho.. his stuff get good actors to do voiceovers but i still tend to watch the sub versions..

i really enjoyed "Porko Rosso" kinda underrated joint out of his catalog.. in pretty sure michael keaton did the dubbing.. check it..

Old 05-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #14
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
yes ! and nice bump. all the studio ghibli joints ive watched were quality but if i had to pick i'd have to go with Princess Mononoke as well...