0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2005, 09:41 AM   #31
M.I.C Diesel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Segregated Kingdom
Posts: 171
Rep Power: 0
M.I.C Diesel grasshopper
Default Re: Logic

Just to add on, I grabbed up my Yahtzee dice & set that puzzle to my 2 sons. One who is 4 & One who is 7.. The youngest one just kept counting all the numbers up & trying to run off with them!!!! The older one called me crazy & laughed after saying, Dice don't have petals Daddy, before looking at me like Arnold in Different Strokes!!After explaining that the dice are representative of roses, they did not figure it out, yet my older son has a faultless understanding of maths for his age..
__________________
''.......Unknowingly imprisoned, in uniforms crafted precision, 1 dub Gov' for short, master planned in covert courts, project poor, prepare for wipeout, ironically wiped out & carked in cauc white outs, the fights out, Phoenix flames to pour the light out, the sun will eventually burn out, A giant urn, with pearled gates, waiting to break, How long can it take? Our destruction is fate.......''
( Con[S]cience ) 2005... www.myspace.com/therockerybtown
www.zoobabees.com
P E A C E
M.I.C Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #32
tostones
Senior Member
 
tostones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 234
Rep Power: 0
tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones
Default Re: Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411
It would certainly be interesting to see. You might get the same result, or you might find that most people would just look at what's actually there, and solve it easily. We really can't say.
Which is why one would not be able to somehow correlate posted results here with the type of topics discussed, with any degree of certainty. Going from remarks on the puzzle's website, it seems most took a couple minutes, some saw it instantly, and a sizeable amount became frustrated or had problems. But again, I would say no proof either way, and cant ignore confounding factors.

Quote:
Not quite sure what you meant by the last part of this. If you're saying that I am hinting at a personal opinion about this section, then you must have misunderstood me. I say with no hidden intentions that I think a lot of people here clutter their heads with too much shit, without applying simple thought techniques. That's just my opinion.
I understood that. Of course, what you wrote is an opinion. You stated that you've watched KTL off and on, but apparently at least from what I've read, made little to no posts attempting to illuminate fellow members on topics that possibly are a bit more important than an internet puzzle game. I'm saying your inference was probably more connected to past opinions.


Quote:
I'm not into this whole breaking down of a word and what is represents, thing. If you read my posts you will understand the context in which I am using the word.
A shame, thought it might be something positive to add. Not necessarily breaking down a word, but adding on about concepts you seem to care about. I was specifically interested in logic and how it related to my recent logos thread. Also, logic is typically associated with philosophy, and within that field it is recognized that there are many different "types". I have read your posts, and while I have an idea of which type you write about, its not completely clear and thus the argument isn't either in a more formal sense. It could be said that certain types of logic were indeed applied and thus people were more prone to have problems.

paz
__________________
tostones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:45 AM   #33
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9
 
Prince Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Section 9 HQ in London
Age: 27
Posts: 3,969
Rep Power: 0
Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa
Default Re: Logic

http://www.philosophypages.com/lg/e01.htm

let me just guide u to this site i found on logic...

i still gta get through these topics..

but its worth a read

peace n blesingz
__________________


Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:24 AM   #34
Ronin
WC LEGEND
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: BIRMINGHAM
Age: 29
Posts: 1,061
Rep Power: 14
Ronin shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Ronin
Default Re: Logic

personally i think logic changes with diff people and their learning experiences

i have a strong sence of logic for my environment, but put me in a situation where im unsure of my bearings and my logic will fail most likely

i do agree some people here have shitty logic, theyd rather just beleive what bullshit speakers like malachi york have to say
__________________
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 10:29 AM   #35
LHX
healthy merking
 
LHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Age: 35
Posts: 5,936
Blog Entries: 2
Rep Power: 22
LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX
Default Re: Logic

logic is how the language / symbol / communication part of the brain works

it is possible to set up logical traps for yourself all the way to heaven
__________________
your mother's dick
LHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 01:16 PM   #36
Ronin
WC LEGEND
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: BIRMINGHAM
Age: 29
Posts: 1,061
Rep Power: 14
Ronin shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Ronin
Default Re: Logic

lol yeah, its illogical that u go to a magic land in the clkouds when u die, but when its programmed into you....thats when u start beleiving
__________________
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:20 AM   #37
noel411
The ABBOTT
 
noel411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 3,945
Rep Power: 34
noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: Logic

Quote:
Which is why one would not be able to somehow correlate posted results here with the type of topics discussed, with any degree of certainty.
I'm not trying to pretend there is any degree of certainty in the link between the two. I'm more or less just suggesting that people here should consider taking a moment to explore the principles of logic.
Quote:
. You stated that you've watched KTL off and on, but apparently at least from what I've read, made little to no posts attempting to illuminate fellow members on topics that possibly are a bit more important than an internet puzzle game. I'm saying your inference was probably more connected to past opinions.
I said openly that this thread was based on my observations of this place over time, and therefore past opinions. The puzzle and its outcome merely sparked me to do this thread.

As for not posting in other threads, I really don't read many (and before you say that I shouldn't make assumptions about the discussions here, and people who participate in them, if I read so little in here, remember I already said this was based on casually browsing these places over some time), and almost never read any in their entirity. Very few, in fact almost no, topics on these forums are of any interest to me, so I almost never have anything I wish to add to them.
Quote:
A shame, thought it might be something positive to add. Not necessarily breaking down a word, but adding on about concepts you seem to care about. I was specifically interested in logic and how it related to my recent logos thread. Also, logic is typically associated with philosophy, and within that field it is recognized that there are many different "types". I have read your posts, and while I have an idea of which type you write about, its not completely clear and thus the argument isn't either in a more formal sense. It could be said that certain types of logic were indeed applied and thus people were more prone to have problems.
Ok. Well I'm basically refering to logic as common sense and basic reasoning. The ability to see something for what it actually is, rather than leading oneself astray for reasons such as preconcieved interpretations, over-analysing etc.
__________________
Suck this drunk alcohol dick.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:02 AM   #38
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall
 
7EL7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 40
Posts: 2,070
Rep Power: 14
7EL7 crouching tiger
Default Re: Logic

Hey noel

do you eat pancakes ?
__________________

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #39
tostones
Senior Member
 
tostones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 234
Rep Power: 0
tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones
Default Re: Logic

noel411,


Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411
I'm not trying to pretend there is any degree of certainty in the link between the two. I'm more or less just suggesting that people here should consider taking a moment to explore the principles of logic.
Ok. I guess I was misled when you wrote that this thread was "sparked" by it. Also, that "the thread I referred to is a classic example of logic gone amiss".


Quote:
I said openly that this thread was based on my observations of this place over time, and therefore past opinions. The puzzle and its outcome merely sparked me to do this thread.

As for not posting in other threads, I really don't read many (and before you say that I shouldn't make assumptions about the discussions here, and people who participate in them, if I read so little in here, remember I already said this was based on casually browsing these places over some time), and almost never read any in their entirity. Very few, in fact almost no, topics on these forums are of any interest to me, so I almost never have anything I wish to add to them.
In all honesty, then why bother now?
And how is what you describe above a "reasonable overview"?

its ironic that you are against preconceived interpretations leading one astray from reason.

peace
__________________
tostones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #40
noel411
The ABBOTT
 
noel411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 3,945
Rep Power: 34
noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: Logic

Tostones, to be honest I really don't see this discussion going anywhere, nor do I see either of us benefitting from it. I respect your opinion and attempt to argue my points, but I really don't care to invest any more time in this discussion, which right now has dwindled down to pointless corrections and so forth. This is another reason I very rarely get involved in discussions here.

Peace
__________________
Suck this drunk alcohol dick.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #41
tostones
Senior Member
 
tostones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 234
Rep Power: 0
tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones
Default Re: Logic

A shame. One of the reasons I question your "logic", is that many threads in KTL ,IMO, help see through illusion, and thus function as a sort of opposite to your personal explanation of logic. If you ever want to truly build on the nature of logic, feel free to contact me.

peace
__________________
tostones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 New Wwi Bangaz Produced By Wargod LORD ZERO Audio Booth 4 10-09-2005 11:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one